“Amazing place in Kigali” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golf Hills Residence

Golf Hills Residence
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Kigali
Deutschland
“Amazing place in Kigali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We spent fantastic days at the Golf Hills Residence! The Hotel is beautiful and has a nice view. The stuff is very friendly and it was very interesting to talk to them about Kigali, places to visit and other Ruanda-topics. They also had answers to our questions about organizing our trip and found solutions for all our wishes. The breakfast und dinner is really good and the service is perfect. You will not find any insects in your room because they do a lot to keep them outside. We will definitely stay in this hotel again when we come back to Kigali!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I were in Kigali in April 2014 for work, and stayed at this hotel for six nights. The hotel far exceeded our expectations. The two main buildings are quite lovely and have beautiful gardens and plants. We stayed in room 17 - a spacious room with a king size bed, incredible views of the city, and a balcony. The suite was clean, well decorated, and modern. This is more of a boutique hotel with large suites rather than a large hotel with numerous rooms.

The hotel food was quite good as well (surprisingly, this was some of the better coffee we had in Kigali, and the fresh fruit for breakfast was fantastic). Most important, however, was the service: the staff were helpful, friendly and quite professional. They assisted us with getting taxis, exchanging money and generally providing guidance on basic questions about getting around town. Indeed, we arrived around 1am from a late flight and the owner/manager, madame Antoinette, sent a driver to pick us up and she welcomed us at the hotel. The service was impeccable. My wife and I plan to stay here when we return to Kigali and would recommend this place without reservation.

Room Tip: Room 17 has lovely views of the city. Ask for a room that overlooks the city. Quite lovely.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ernesto V
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

My colleagues and I stayed there for 3 nights during our business visit to Kigali and we got the 3x3 discount which was remarkable! We chose Golf Hill based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor, and for a hotel that was not even on our list initially, I must say we made a good decision to pick it. We stayed in the single rooms which were pretty decent and clean! I stayed in a room in the 'basement' that I thought would be uncomfortable initially which wasn't the case! It was spacious with a desk and chair which I needed to work on, the bathroom was lovely with a shower and mirrors (pretty important for a lady) and was fitted with a heater. Their food was good, and service was lovely- people were very hospitable and worked very hard to make our stay pleasant. The manager, Ms Antoinette was amazingly humble and hospitable- from the first night she ensured that our rooms were very comfortable and that it was what we expected. She would make certain the taxi was on time whenever we requested for one (pick up from the airport was prompt!) When having dinner at the hotel, she would insist that it be brought on time.
The view of Kigali from the balcony was amazing as well! However, need to add more tables and chairs at the balcony (currently has one table which is restrictive). Looking forward to staying there again and again!

Room Tip: Request for rooms upstairs- near then balcony where the view of Kigali is lovely!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Camrose, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Golf Hills Residence was our first hotel while on a 3 week trip to Africa. It was very clean, the service was excellent and our room large and airy. The breakfasts were very good. It was very quiet which I appreciated being a light sleeper. We were in a building away from the dining room and patio area so that helped with the noise aspect I am sure. Everyone there was so obliging and helpful I cannot stress enough how much we enjoyed our stay. We enjoyed sitting in the spacious common area with the breezes blowing through just relaxing and reading. It is not near to other restaurants or anything so we ate most of our meals in the hotel. Waiters were very friendly and hospitable but if you are starving you will find the food service very slow. Food was always good, once we got it, but we learned quickly to go in to eat before we were really hungry!!! This is a great hotel and I would recommend it to anyone as a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I stayed for three nights on two separate occasions while travelling through Kigali on holiday. After reading the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor, we were somewhat disappointed.

Our first room on the 2nd floor of the 2nd building was huge and very clean with a large bathroom. We enjoyed the two nights we were there. When we returned for a third night we were
given a room downstairs in the same building and it was very substandard. Bathroom was in need of many repairs and it was not as clean as the first one had been, and the room was small.

The Wifi was not good in the rooms, as it went in and out. The staff, however, were all very helpful and friendly. The breakfasts were fine and the food, while not excellent, was adequate. We did end up waiting an inordinate length of time for our dinners all the evenings that we ate there, which was disappointing.

Our tour company had booked us into this property, so I have no means of comparison about cost. However, upon checking with other guests staying there, I got the impression that for the money it is good accommodation. If we were to return to Kigali I would more than likely pay more and stay somewhere else,

Room Tip: Ask for one of the upper rooms in the 2nd building as I think they are the best rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Spacious room.. Althgh the mattress was a bit tired and lumpy.. Lots of closet space.. Generous bathroom.. Beautiful patio with city view.. Friendly and accomodating staff.. Can be a bit noisy.. So choose a room away from patio if you are an early sleeper because people do socialize on the patio.. Because it is in the city, you will also get noise from the area nightclubs.. Staff was sensitive to my food allergies.. Nice dinner. Overall, nice property.

Room Tip: Choose room away from patio if you like quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

In reading reviews, decided to check in at Golf Hills Residence, on a previous travel in Rwanda, did stay in a hotel were the price was around Usd 150
In the contacts made avec Golf Hill Manager, she told me about a price of USD 80 up to 100, just to make some saving did check there was not expecting so much at USD 80.
At my surprise, I was offered a pick up at the airport. Golf Hill is not an hotel but a friendly Guest House. People are so friendly, rooms are very clean and I was surprised by the morning breakfeast. They made my day, when I did ask the possibility to have african menu, not on their menu, the manager, order special menu for me, every thing was done to make my stay confortable.
My greetings to all staff, particularly to the owner Mme Mimi, always there to supervise if everything is well done. Check at Golf Hill if you are looking for a family and clean environment and mostly if you want to make some savings on your trip.
What is missing, pool and fitness center.

Room Tip: I will advise the rooms in Golf Hill no two, rooms are larger and plenty of space at the balcony
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business