Top Tower Hotel Kigali
US$107
US$127
US$116
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The reception area and bar creates a lovely impression that unfortunately, does not carry on through the rest of the hotel. the rooms are very large and spacious and ours had a lovely view, however they are in need of some TLC, water damage on the ceiling and marks on the walls, a panel in the window was also broken.
I did feel the price was slightly too high despite the fact breakfast was included.
staff are friendly enough though service is slow. we had to wait over 30 minutes for our safe to be fixed, making us late for our day.
the hotel is not near the town centre so you will be reliant on taxi's / moto-taxi's.
you have to request the use of the WiFi despite the fact it is included in the price and it isn't the best connection.
overall ,a comfortable room in a quite hotel, just not luxurious.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The hotel featured a casino and bar and restaurant. We spent 2 nights here, one at the start of our Rwandan stay and 1 at the end.

on our 1st stay, Our room was a huge triple. The bathroom is a respectable size with a switch you must turn on for hot water. THere is good hot water however we totally ran out of any water for about 45 mins in the morning. The beds and pillows are comfortable enough. The morning buffet was boiled eggs, liver, carrots, breads, fruit.

On our 2nd stay, right off the bat, I went to use the washroom, only closing the door, not locking it. I got stuck. The door would not open. They sent up a woman with a key to no avail. Then they sent up a technician which by then I decided to make use of this time by showering as I had climbed over 12000 feet that day to the top of mt.bisoke. The technician arrives just as I am finishing showering. He finally gets the door open and ends up just removing the door knob as he can't fix it. On top of that, the rain shower head does not work as the turn knob is missing and so there is just a hand held shower which you have to hold the button to use. There is mold in this shower and the counter has not been cleaned in the bathroom. The 1st stay there had been 1 bottle of water left in the room, the 2nd time there was none. 1st stay we had 3 bath towels, one for each of us, the 2nd time we were only given 2. Also on our 2nd stay the elevator is not working. So needless to say, our 2nd stay was a much different experience than the 1st.

There is wifi available. You do need to ask for a password for each device you want to use.

So in general it's a mixed review, but the place is fine enough for a night or two. Just don't expect luxury, or a lot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Trip Advisor won't add the Casino, so I'm putting it here since it's in the hotel (second floor, up a flight of stairs to your right when you enter Top Tower). All I can say about the hotel is that if it's as nice as the lobby, you should sleep in it. As far as the Casino, it's a cool place. I went on a Wednesday, not an ideal day, and had a great time. I know that on Fridays and Saturdays they’re open all night. It was a bit slow, being a Wednesday, but we got 5 free beers. I don’t think they were thrilled with us—we kept asking for “service,” but they brought them. We did keep playing Blackjack so we could get the drinks. My friend has been on Fridays and Saturdays when they’ve just kept bringing them without his even asking. They also have excellent food. In fact, I ate the best cheeseburger I’ve had in Rwanda, and I’d been in country for 10 ½ months. I think just once before the cheese on my burger was melted, so the melted cheese situation alone was great, but the quality of the meat was better than any I’ve had—Bourbon, Simba, Matar. Where they have big flat screen TVs playing sports, ice cold Mutzig and Schol on tap—the second time I’ve had Mutizg on tap, the first time I’ve had Schol—and delicious food, this is definitely a place to go. You can play a few hands of Blackjack and have a good meal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Very helpful staff, big rooms. But it's so awkward! The floors seem to be made out of plastic, over which a thin carpet was placed as an after thought. The windows in the rooms seem to be coated with some kind of film that makes the whole place feel a bit seedy. There are other cheaper and nicer hotels to stay at in Kigali.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The lounge stands out for its amazing view although pricey menu. Service was slow and menu seemed limited. I think the hotel is in a good location but the marketing vibe is negative in the market for its rooms and poor finishing within.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends