“Best lunch buffet in town”
Review of Chez Robert

Chez Robert
Ranked #41 of 163 Restaurants in Kigali
Cuisines: African, French
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is I think the best lunch buffet in town. Great variety, good service, close to most things in downtown Kigali - you could walk there. The staff is friendly and overall service good. Price point is a more then other buffets but we think it is worth it for the variety, service and consistency. They also have a dessert selection with fruit that is not often found.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The food was very good, but it's slightly overpriced and overall the service was tremendously slow (we were three of us ALONE in the restaurant at 9pm and we had to wait for the food until 10:30pm). However, the brochettes were tasty and well cooked and the vegetables very tasty

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've eaten the buffet at Chez Robert twice and have been very pleased both times. Others have complained about the buffet, the cost, etc., but I'd rather pay 7000+ RWF for their buffet than some of the others I've had for 1500-2000. Apples and oranges as far as the food goes, not to mention the setting. I recommend it.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Good food, good service. HUGE portions. Not very busy at times, but enjoy the variety and there is one Rwandan dish they make there that I love - it is like a chicken stew with plantains, and vegetables. Very tasty, for 6+ people, but must order in the early afternoon, if you want it ready for dinner. Definitely go visit "Robert" :)

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Excellent lunchtime buffet in a good quiet central location. I had fish and veggie things, which were all good, especially the cassava. My colleague had meat options and was also impressed