“excellent choice”
Review of Lemigo Hotel

Lemigo Hotel
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Kigali
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Lemigo hotel is situated about 15min from airport, located on the top of many hills in Kigali. On the road from airport just look out from organized hotel transportation outside and try to find garbage on the street. City and probably whole urban part of country are the cleanliness on the world (except Singapore of course) thanks to Rwanda President who gives with his personal act of cleaning city sample to all citizens what to do. You will notice immediately that existing good security in hotel, extraordinary kind and helpful all staff in hotel. Just left from entrance there is construction area of future new wing of existing hotel, but there is no noise and any disturbance for your stay. you will also notice during whole day some activities in various halls like training courses, wedding ceremonies... and hotel is very popular to various organization in Rwanda and locals. I am sure when new wing will be open and after reconstruction of this existing one it will be the best 4 business star hotel in Rwanda (I hope 5 stars) Quality of food is excellent, service of staff, too. Rooms are nice, remarks for smell in bathroom, cheap Chinese plastic table lamp in strange colors that not fits to rooms, cord for kettler is so short so you have to place it on ground to boil the water. Hotel staff, manager, even CEO are always ready to listen you with your suggestion and comments closed with fact how to improve quality of service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mikeprodanovic
There are newer reviews for Lemigo Hotel

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Upon arrival at the Lemigo hotel, I realized I made a mistake. The receptionist was obnoxious and very arrogant and immediately made me feel unwelcome. We walked a long distance to our room only to realize that the key was not working. The staff promised to fix this but after four times of walking back and forth, it was still not working. The room was clean but very impersonal. The breakfast was inedible and much worse than food at hotels of a similar prize. I will never stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DiplomatZA
Public R, General Manager at Lemigo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2015

We are extremely sorry for the bad reception that we accorded you upon check in at our Hotel. We have taken note of all your concerns and for not receiving our usual good service.

As a Management, all these issues have so far been addressed and are now a thing of the past ! We now have a wide selection of foods: Breakfast, Indian and Chinese dishes, Mongolia foods, Nyama choma.... at your disposal. Please rest assured that all is well and I personally invite you or your friends whenever you plan to come to stay at our Hotel for a free meal or over a drink.

TIPS: Better Rooms are available: Executive Rooms, Junior Suites, Executives Suites and a Presidential Suite based on your preference. Insist to talk to our Duty Manager or even ask to speak to our General Manager if you are not happy with our services.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Lemigo is a medium sized hotel small enough that after a day or two staff know you personally and big enough to have all main hotel facilities.The buffet breakfast was simple but main cooked choices rotate day by day so not boring.Rooms comfortable although a little dated and everything worked fine.Good value for money.Since kigali is a safe city to walk around the relative lack of choice for dinner at lemigo was not a problem as theres plenty of restaurant choices nearby.If i return to kigali lemigo would be first choice to stay.

Room Tip: Get a roon overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank steveretiree
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Had a pleasant stay. Nice little hotel with staff really taking good care of you. Rooms are comfortable. Bathroom was small, a bit old and needed a little bit of maintainance.

Not too much choice on the menu for dinner but there are quite of few good restaurants to eat out in Kigali so this was not really an issue.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed at Lemigo hotel whilst attending a conference. As a wheelchair user, the hotel was not great for access, however, the staff were always willing to help. The room I slept in was spacious and comfortable although rather dim lighting. The food in the restaurant was rather pricey though.

Overall, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank paulic72
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I will agree with other reviewers that the Lemigo is not a "conventional" four star hotel, but then I think its fair to say that in Kigali one has to be flexible and open minded in judging a hotel that tries to cater to clientele that are accustomed to upscale/business lodgings. The hotel and its grounds are not spectacular or breathtaking, but the hotel does seem very secure and I am sure given its proximity to Parliament, the airport, and government buildings that the clientele is quite varied and is more interested in location than being surrounded by a plethora of creature comforts.

My first impression was that the hotel was not near much urban life. It turns out the quiet ambience of the hotel in an asset as I found the hotel to be quiet and almost sleepy at times. The staff were excellent and very attentive to my needs from check-in to check-out. The room was plenty large and though of course it was not decorated to the tightly coordinated standards of a "conventional/big name" four star hotel, the room was spacious, comfortable, and with the pleasant temperatures prevailing outside the use of the air conditioner was not even necessary. I found the wifi signal to be fine for all uses (i did not stream any video for the sake of disclosure). Nor did I ever use the TV, so I can't attest to the range of offerings available. But given the room's main purpose of enabling sleep and rest, I was very content and I received a good night's rest. The bathroom was a bit spartan and dark, but on cue there was hot water.

My party did not eat at the hotel, but the front desk was able to easily find us a nearby restaurant and accompanying reservation. Afterwards, a few of us had beers at the terrace bar whilst enjoying the cool evening air. The wait staff were patient and very polite.

I didn't use the hotel's gym, but I popped in to take a look and the facilities looked adequate for getting a workout in. There was a decent mix of older cardio equipment with some free weights mixed in as well too. Only complaint was the gym area was a bit dark as it's on the ground floor and there is a lack of natural sunlight available. The pool was too chilly for my threshold of comfort. When warmer weather prevails there is a swim-up bar so a cool Tusker can be enjoyed while relaxing in the pool.

For exercise I took a leisurely walk from the hotel up to the main road and then I walked down Embassy Row to large traffic intersection in front of the US Embassy. Along the way, I passed some small grocery shops and a few restaurants. The area struck me as very safe and secure given the amount of offices of NGOs and government offices in the vicinity. I'd recommend getting out of the hotel for exercise and for some nice vista views of the surrounding urban area and hills.

I would definitely return to the Lemigo again. The hospitality was genuine and caring. The hotel was very clean and orderly and I warmed up to the locale after taking a little time to explore the area on foot.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank RegionalRoadie
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I lodged in this hotel the first week of December 2012 and stayed for two weeks. I checked in around 3am local time and the staff were on hand to give a quick check-in. They were very courteous, friendly and helpful in my quest to recover my lost ipad in the plane. The hotel was very secured and service was excellent. The internet was down when I came in but was restored before I came back from business activities on my first day and was up till I left. The rooms were spacious enough for two occupants and access card controlled. There was also over-head mosquito netting to guard against insect bites. There is no doubt that the hotel met the expectations of many judging by the number of guests I noticed arriving on daily basis during my stay there. The only area I observed for further enhancement was the Fitness Centre.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business