“Great French Food”

Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have studied in France, when I came to Kigli in June, I was surprised to find a good french restaurant like this. My friends and I have tried some restaurants, and we all think this is the best one. The food here is delicious and typical french, and the beef is my beloved choice and my friends' obsession. I could say it -- "la vrai cuisine française est toujours très bon". I think the price is reasonable, for the food is rather expensive in Kigali, and the food of quality with a price a little higher than local pub is really worthy. The atmosphere is good with a great view in the green yard. The chef is very kind. In a word, it is a great choice to have a tasty and wonderful dinner.

There are newer reviews for L'epicurien

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Even though Rwanda was a Francophone country, there were no French Restaurant. L'epicurien is French Restaurant in Kigali which has reasonable lunch option and elegance dinner. It was quite good, but if it has higher price and quality, maybe it's more attractive to the customer. Because, everyone knows that French cuisine is the expansive one.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

THE FOOD IS SIMPLY DIVINE!!!

I was to have lunch meetings, birthday dinners and everything else here.....

I really enjoyed my meal at this French cuisine restaurant located in a quiet Kigali neighborhood.

L'Epicurien is a open for lunch and dinner and there is a different menu every weak. This week, the chef put together some the most mouthwatering options that I was not sure what to order. Of offer, were 4 starters, 4 entrees and 4 deserts. The menu caters for vegetarians quite adequately. Also if you go several time in the same week you are able to have different dishes.

It was my first time and I will be going back. I must say the service was poor - I gather that this is not usually the case. The manager/owner apologised and explained that he was short-staffed. Like I said, I will be going back again.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I seriously didn't know what to expect when I got there today but the surprise was all the more enjoyable. The food was simple, incredibly tasty and "honest". The menu was not 10 km long like in most of the Kigali restaurants and the price is really reasonable. The service staff was smiling and welcoming. I just wished the decoration was a bit more typical to add more to the magic.

The Osso bucco was awesome and I'll definitely be back!!!!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The chef of L'epicurien is keeping up his creativity. The changing weekly menu shows impressive creativity. The presentation is great.
The price/performance is unbelievable.
The service is good.
A good place for business as well as family meals.
(did I mention free wifi or is that needless to say or an unneeded service in a restaurant?)