“Above average for a value motel”
Review of Motel 6 Avoca

Motel 6 Avoca
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Avoca
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Don't expect any extras or great amenities, but come here for a good night's rest in a clean room and quiet neighborhood.
My rating is for the category of "value motel". And for that, this Motel 6 location is about average. Loved the flat screen TV, and free internet (I got about 6-7 MBits down, not bad!).
Staff was friendly. Room and bathroom clean, matresses firm and appeared to be new. I don't know what it is with Motel 6 and bathroom ventilators, but they are always noisy :-)

Very nice: The morning I left I forgot my utensils in the bathroom. The housekeeping lady followed me to the parking lot to bring me my forgotten pouch.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice clean motel 6 and the owner proudly displays the properties awards. Lol. This is a nice place and I've traveled the U.S & Canada extensively and few have as nice, courteous personnel as Kelly. After arriving late into Does Moines, IA all the hotels were booked due to the Iowa state fair. Even mom and pop motels were taken. I drove 95 miles to Avoca. They were booked up also, but some people were leaving early. Instead of turning me away, Kelly (front desk) person had me to wait in my vehicle. When the early birds left, she personally flipped the room and gave me a late checkout. I didn't expect it to be spotless, but it was excellent. Kelly is a major reason for the success of this hotel. Good Job. Definitely will stay here again.

Room Tip: To be honest, the hotel is about 40 miles from Omaha & 100 from Des Moines. It is quiet. Not a l...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Having read all the great reviews, I was really looking forward to our stay here after a long day of driving. While I had no serious complaints (the room was clean and the price very reasonable), it definitely did not live up to the rave reviews. The staff was very business-like and abrupt (thought it was just the reservationist but got the same treatment at check-in.) And the room was about as basic as you can get. No refrigerator or microwave-not even a coffee maker or a clock! I honestly could not even find a box of tissues. (We had stayed at en Econo Lodge the previous night, and it had all those amenities, at a slightly higher price.) It did have a good shower; the beds were OK but with frayed mattresses and thin sheets For the money, it was not a bad place to stay, but do not expect anything exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We came in late at night after a long day of traveling and found a very helpful and friendly staff. Room was very clean. Well worth the money!!
Much better than some of the more expensive hotels we stayed at on vacation. We would stay again. Thank you

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice so far this summer. A comfortable and clean stay. Nice indoor pool. Coffee in the morning. Right on the interstate exit. Will not hesitate to stay again. The awards on the front counter well deserved. Onsite owner.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Found this motel on Trip Advisor. It was clean and comfortable with a welcoming staff. Best of all, the air conditioner was quiet. Most places we have to turn it off because of the noise. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

What a great surprise! After a long day of driving to find a motel this nice without a reservation was wonderful. Motel 6 is not always known for being the most clean and up to date. This one is an exception to the rule. The owner/operator is a really nice man. He runs a real nice establishment. Highly recommend!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avoca
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Avoca
Harlan Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Harlan
6 mi away
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Walnut

Been to Motel 6 Avoca? Share your experiences!