“Would recommend it for a 5th star...”
Review of Terrou-Bi

Terrou-Bi
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Dakar
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Wonderful few days spent chilling in the hotel by the pool/beach. Staff were very friendly, attentive, and professional. Room, pool and restaurants were very clean. Great choice of food, good chef suggestions and of very good quality. Will definitely stay there again if we come back to Dakar.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2010

New and nice hotel in Dakar. Right off the Corniche road at the ocean. Ocean-view rooms offer a view through palm-trees onto the small beach and the marina. However, if you're on a lower floor, every hotel guest passing by at the beach can look into your room - so much about privacy... However, nicely decorated, top standard . I can't complain, even though I only stayed one short night. Personel is friendly and did everything possible to provide me a good service.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2010

From 13 to 14 May 2010, my wife and me spent two nights in the Terrou-Bi Hotel for our honey moon.
On 15 May at 13.30 AM, we had lunch in the restaurant La Terrace of the Terroubi. We had two pizzas: I had one with sea food and my wife had a Capricciosa. After that pizza my wife started having serious stomachaches. In the afternoon we arrived to our home and my wife started to vomit a lot and to have diarrhea non stop. She was feeling so bad that we had to call an ambulance, as she couldn´t even stand, to go to the hospital. In the hospital the doctors diagnosed her a serious food poisoning due to something that had gone bad on our lunch. They put her a saline solution, as well as other injectable medicines, because the vomits and diarrhea were uncontrollable. A couple of hours later, while accompanying my wife in the hospital, I started myself to feel also very bad and I started to vomit. The doctors diagnosed me a food poisoning as well and they also put me a saline solution and the rest of medicines. To sum up, we had to stay almost three nights hospitalized, and, as the doctors said, we were lucky to have a hospital nearby, otherwise we could have not survived. We suspect that the cheese on my wife´s Capricciosa pizza was gone bad, as she had the worst part in the hospital, and I think that I ran ill also as I tasted a big piece of my wife´s pizza.
Unfortunately, we will do remember our honey moon in the Terrou-Bi, but in a very bad way.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Nacho33
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I stayed at the Terrou Bi for a week for business. As a traveler to a dozen of countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, and for my second stay in Dakar, I was very pleasantly surprised. I chose the hotel based on the trip advisor reviews I read and also because I had a very forgettable hotel experience in my previous stay in the city about 4 years before.

As often in Africa, this was a bit of gamble. One of my tongue-in-cheek colleagues told me if I knew the hotel (obviously not) and that he "trusted" my choice, meaning I believe that I would have to take credit if the choice happened to be a disastrous one.

The staff was very courteous and very professional. Finding well-trained staff in Africa is often a problem, and I was particularly impressed by the Terrou Bi staff. As to courtesy, this is something in short supply in many hotels in the world, so it felt good to be welcomed far from home.

As mentioned in other reviews, the rooms are very clean, spacious and furnished with all needed amenities. There is free wireless, which worked better than anywhere else I have been on the continent. Unlike other lucky reviewers, my company does not pay for rooms with view to the ocean, so I had to content myself with a view of the parking lot and La Corniche new highway where traffic is dense. I feared that the room would be noisy, but I slept well (I used ear plugs the first night as preventive measure as you can hear the hum of traffic, but did not use them the rest of the stay). The bed was very comfortable.

I tried one of the restaurants and the bar, which both offer very decent food by Dakar standards (which are pretty high). I had decided that I would have a sea food diet while in Dakar and I remember quite fondly the huge Gambas I had for my first meal in the hotel.

The hotel is very conveniently located, between the airport (and Pointes des Almadies, where I recommend to go for dinner) and the city, about 10-15 mns from either. This indeed means that you have to use taxis, but they are plenty in Dakar so this is not really a problem. If do not want to use the taxis working with the hotel (with whom I had no problem whatsoever), it is easy to get the number of another taxi you will take during your stay, they all have mobiles. My only complaint is that the hotel charged me relatively stiff price for pick up at the airport (10,000 CFA) when I never asked for the pick up, and when it is generally free in most cities with international hotels.

Some reviewers said that the hotel lacked charm and felt too international, but honestly I think most hotels in Dakar feel the same and for much lower quality of service. The Terrou Bi at least offers a nice sea side location, has a small and clean sand beach with a very nice terrace. For more local experiences, simply step outside your room and enjoy Dakar.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank moregoodhotels
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I liked the friendlyness and helpfullness of the hotel staff and especially the Directeur Hotel Mr Pierre Mbow i want to give a Golden feather for being the collosal leader in the hotel all his staff appreciate him very much
The Hotel is clean and the food is fantastic
Keep up the good work
Joseph - IVEMA

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Arrived for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised by this new hotel. Everything is brand new. Most of the rooms have a direct sea side view over the hotel's own beach. In addition, rooms are high quality and have fresh decor including free wifi access trough out the hotel complex. The area started with a restaurant and has since grown into a full array of services including three restaurants (of which one serves as a casino and nightclub), gym, shops and own pier. It has a pleasant secluded feeling as they have built a wave braker which forms a cove around the hotel's own private beach. They even have outdoor speakers playing chilling music in the background throughout the area. Only minus is the average English language skills of the staff which is more than compensated by the friendless. Can definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Helsinkiglobus
Reviewed 27 December 2009

This hotel is an oasis by the beach. Service is impeccable. Rooms are very nicely decorated and clean. Pool area overlooking beach is wonderful. I got the flu while on vacation and the doctor on call for this hotel was wonderful. Don't think twice - I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple