“Def worth a stay!”

The Djoloff Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Dakar
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed here for a few nights and found the staff all do helpful- they even let us use a room and shower before our flight after we had checked out. The food on the roof terrace is great and our rates inc breakfast!
Would def recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Merby2012

Reviewed 7 October 2012

good about this place. Facilities - top notch, location - great, rooftop bar and restaurant couldn't have had a better vibe or food (although some music would have been a good addition). But the clincher was the staff - AMAZING. A relatively young group - all were incredibly friendly, gracious, accommodating - and really worked to make my stay in Dakar a great one. My gratitude to each of them. Also, if you need a tour guide - get it through this hotel - Mamadou showed me around Dakar and beyond, and would not have gone with another. Thanks, Hotel Le Djoloff.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MDUBS2012
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Was here for about a week and enjoyed every single minute of it! The staff are great and very helpful, my French is very basic but staff are patient and will go out of their way to make you comfortable and your stay enjoyable. Momoudu was particularly a blast and took me on a personal tour of downtown Senegal and several monuments.

Location is great, not on the sea but thats just a couple minutes walk and you can watch the local fishermen bringing in and displaying for sale the catch of the day. You can also catch a glimpse of real boat making in progress. Another 10 minute walk and you can visit a small tourist market. Note, the sales guys in the markets are friendly but quite aggressive. Make sure you bargain!! Whatever the price, offer 20% of what they're asking.

Back to the hotel! The most intriguing for me was the transparent landing on the staircase, brilliant idea, the illusion of 'no floor' threw me back a couple times. The rooms are real cozy, elegant and bathrooms clean. The rooftop restaurant is brilliant and you can enjoy watching life in the corniche go by whilst enjoying the great meals or exquisite tapas, the curry d'aubergines were my favorite! Gotta get that receipe. The restaurant staff are on hand with recommendations but all my meals were off the menu and gosh just great?

I can't imagine being better treated in Senegal. This is the best place to be! If you're new in Senegal get Jeanjacques or Mamoudu to give you tips on moving around town. There's no pool, Gym, garden or grounds but it's right in bustling corniche area and the neighbors are warm.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floor with a view of the sea :)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sarix02
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the Djoloff for almost two weeks during a month-long trip to Senegal. The staff is sooo friendly and helpful, especially Mamadou at the front desk. Madame Ferrie, who runs the restaurant at the Djoloff, really made our stay special and the kitchen staff worked hard to accommodate our needs. They even made special cakes for us for our goodbye dinner. We stayed in many hotels in different cities around Senegal but the Djoloff was, by far, my favorite. The bathrooms were modern and the hotel even had cable tv.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor and it was a loooong walk up three flights of a circular staircase...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Lovely hotel with a pleasant open-air restaurant. The suite my daughter and I occupied was spotless. Staff is friendly and honest. However, for a non-French speaking guest, even simple requests at the front desk become exciting opportunities for miscommunication. As long as you or a member of your traveling party speaks the language, you'll love this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeffmcline
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The hotel is fine and the roof terrace is quite pretty. I was disappointed to find my room full of mosquitoes when I arrived. I recommend that you request a room with screens and with mosquito netting around the bed. To their credit, the staff did try to make reparations.

Room Tip: Ask for screens on your windows.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeanne W
Reviewed 26 March 2012

First time in Dakar and thus Djollof is my only hotel experience. I chose it because tripadvisor reviews have been glowing. However I found the hotel to be an oddity. Be careful if you book and pre-pay a comfort double. You may be taken to a regular double as we were and then have to struggle to get the message through, even with voucher in hand. Also the hotel is an acoustical nightmare. All sounds are amplified up and down stair cases and from streets. The restaurant is especially noisy on some nights. Room sizes and shapes vary quite a bit as do bathrooms. The latter can be okay or just plain nasty. The front desk accepts valuables for safe-keeping but the key to the safe goes home at days end with the desk manager!!! Restaurant meals also vary, from good to so-so.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet location and that means away from street noise and on the second floor so that you are...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple