“A good night out .... great live music.”
Review of O’Casey’s - CLOSED

O’Casey’s
Cuisines: African, European
Description: O'Casey's is arguably Freetown's only family "Pub" type Pub. An Irish Themed bar serving an extensive menu specialising in freshly caught, Barracuda, Grouper, Snapper and Massive Lobsters. Retro Music - "if it's not on our playlist it's because it's crap" . Open Mic nights. The most popular Pub Quiz in Freetown. Live Music and large screen viewing of Sports Events.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I ate at the restaurant next door... not sure if it was part of the same building but it was a good meal. The open air club next door (O'caseys ) provided a back drop of continuous music. The stage was easy to see and performers easily heard. The see was a great backdrop as this is right in the bay on the coast. I danced to a mixture of music from at least 3 continents ...
My first night out in Sierra Leone and a good night ....

Reviewed 11 March 2014

They will make you wait for hours - but its good, close to town and the view on the firsherman's village is beautiful - If you cannot go to Lakhar and have a delicious lobster on the beach, try O'Casey in Aberdeen!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

A fantastic bar for a few sundowners by the water. Service is friendly and efficient. And the food is tasty and reasonably priced; make sure you indulge in a fresh lobster, definitely not to be missed! And a great place to party on a Friday night with live music and busy atmosphere... bring your dancing shoes!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

After a difficult week, I wanted to stay in and watch TV even though I am only here for three or four weeks. To be honest on arrival, the place looked dowdy and in need of some love but the Manager told me that it always looks like this at the end of the rainy season but gets spruced up annually when the sun comes out. Fair enough!! The rains are crazy but the arrival from the Office entrance feels like the entrance to a funfair House of Horrors. Once you get inside though things brighten up. It seems like this place has been hidden away and my hosts were keen to bring me along to experience the night which had clearly become a weekly event for them.

It was pretty quiet when we got in but a middle aged expat kicked off proceedings with a fairly offhand attitude and though he may have been going through the motions, I was intrigued. Another guy came up and put out some great songs, some of which he had written himself and then he was joined by a fantastic female singer called Esther who stunned everybody with her vocal. It was a bit of a free for all after that with a Sierra Leonean guy keeping everybody glued with great reggae from the house band. I was surprised to see the middle aged guy who started the show jump up to keep the tempo going and churn out some blues and reggae with the house band. Not sure how many I drank but came away with the feeling that I had had a great night. I am really glad I visited and am assured that O'Casey's is the best night out here. That said, I found the car-park a bit intimidating when I left so keep you hands on your valuables.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Seems like friday night is the night to go here as the band that were playing were very good, and the bar had a great mix of people.