“Weekend Getaway @ the Spectacular Corinthia!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Khartoum
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Khartoum
Khartoum, Sudan
“Weekend Getaway @ the Spectacular Corinthia!!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Corinthia is without doubts the best choice of a five stars Hotel in Khartoum. The breath- taking architect has made the building a land mark. The unique location facing the junction of the Blue & White Niles added a magnificent view . I have contacted Corinthia to arrange a surprise weekend getaway package to celebrate my DH birthday. The arrangements were perfect & beyond our expectations. As a start, we enjoyed a complementary upgrade to a deluxe suit. In a very impressive gesture, we found a personal welcoming letter from the DG wishing us many happy returns! We spent a couple of pampering hours in the health club enjoying the indoors swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and massage. In the evening, we had a delicious dinner at Le grill followed by a complementary cake & flowers. The following day we took our breakfast while enjoying the panoramic view of the Nile at “Almugran” restaurant. Throughout our stay, we were indulged with the staff hospitality and super-friendly attitude. I would advise anyone visiting Sudan to live the “corinthia experience’. Take a walk in the Nile avenue just in front of the hotel ..Don’t forget to enjoy the Sudanese coffee “Jabnna” in the cultural tent located in the lobby when you are back!!.

Room Tip: Nile view is a MUST!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Ms. Walaa K.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am blown away by your wonderful praise of our hotel. I am delighted that you were so pleased with every aspect of your stay. I am especially glad to know that you enjoyed your accommodation and our cuisine so thoroughly.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our service. It is absolutely wonderful to hear such great feedback from our guests, and I am sure our whole team will be as thrilled as I am to know that they exceeded your expectations.

No doubt Wala, we will ensure that whenever you have events at the hotel we will ensure that we would make you and your guests live and re live time and time again the Corinthia Experience.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Corinthia Hotel Khartoum again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Corinthia Hotel Khartoum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Hello,

I am a Sudanese engineer and I stayed there for one night several times the latest was to celebrate with my wife our second anniversary. All was excellent. I requested cake tarts and flowers to surprise my wife and they were presented right on time and in a very nice style. Thanks to all of those who made the occasion a success. Will be there inshallah for occasions to come.

• Stayed July 2013
Zaher-Kassir, Director of Sales at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Mr.Ahmed, it is always a great pleasure to host you at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum and we were glad to celebrate with you your second wedding anniversary. We always look forward to be your main contender to cater for all your special events and we will spate no effort to reflect the highest level of cate and luxury. We also have many special packages for any upcoming occasion.
Looking forward to see back soon.
Best regards
Zaher Kassir
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This hotel... is a world on its own, does not matter if it stands in Khartoum or Sidney. Of course, fascinating view of Blue and White Nile from each angle (oops, forgot there almost no angles in melon-shaped glass construction.

Staff extremely friendly and warm (as most of people in Khartoum); internet everywhere except 3 bars/restaurants on the top 3 floors (weird...)

You need to have small banknotes (20, 10, 5) otherwise you may end up with getting change is SDG - not very useful on your way to aiprort.

Room Tip: Only the view (the Nile + island vs. city) makes difference
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gziro
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for choosing Corinthia Hotel Khartoum for your recent stay in Khartoum. I have read your positive comments about the hotel that I have already shared with the management and staff.
We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write your review, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.
Regarding the internet which is not accessible at the top three Restaurants, I would like to inform you that within the next few weeks the situation will be resolved and all our guests will enjoy the complimentary internet service throughout the hotel.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom and we look forward to welcome you back to our property and in any other Corinthia Hotel in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The Corinthia Hotel Khartoum is probably one of the best you'll find in the city. I was there for 3 days 2 nights. I have no complaint regarding the infrastructure and the room. They are well maintained and clean. Within the hotel itself there are quite a few restaurants, therefore it is very convenient for guests who do not want to travel out for meals. From the hotel, you can see the Blue and Black Niles. The view is beautiful.

Having said that, my only complain is that I was not told by any hotel counter staff that visitors to Sudan need to obtain a permit within 3 days of arrival. Not many country has this law (I already had a visa upon arrival) and I would expect the hotel of such class to remind all guests of this requirement, as well as provide a service to obtain it. Because of this oversight, I had lots of problem at the airport on my way out of the country and nearly missed my flight.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vc0213
Zaher-Kassir, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear esteemed Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor. We were pleased to read all your positive comments regarding our hotel and staff, which are much appreciated.
I would like to sincerely apologize for not informing you about the passport registration policy upon your arrival. Our hotel prides itself on providing our guests with the highest level of friendly, responsive service, making our guest feel welcomed and well cared for is our highest priority. On behalf of my Team we are very sorry that you did not experience the level of service and the attention that our guests have come to expect.
Once again, please accept our sincere apology for what happened and we thank you for letting us know this incident.

Bussum
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have enjoyed my one month stay very much. The hotel staff is friendly, most of them speak good English and the rooms are large and clean. Some small details can be improved, like the prompt repair of small lights in the rooms and bathrooms, without the guests having to ask for it. The beds in all the rooms I have stayed in are quite low. It almost looks like the legs or part of them were missing, but it is not annoying.The restaurants are quite good and the staff there is extremely polite. The gym is relatively small,but has modern equipment.
I will have the pleasure of staying there again for a month in June/July.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Darfur, Sudan via Charlotte, NC, USA
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I simply loved the Burj. (It's still called that by many Sudanese and taxis generally don't even KNOW "Corinthia".) I work in Darfur and would stay there every time I passed through. My last visit was extremely disappointing. I went to check out after a wonderful 4 day/night stay, and the receptionist sent the bellman up to bring my bags down. he returned immediately with the bags. Unfortunately, when I arrived home, I found that my jewelry case had been removed from my carry bag. I was shocked to say the least. I even waited a week before I called, thinking, hoping that I had misplaced it and that it would show up - even though I vividly recalled putting it in my bag. I finally had an Arabic speaking colleague call the hotel and lodge a query. When I received no response in a week, I called again, and got a manager, who was actually English-speaking. He spent more time trying to find out whom I had called initially than trying to resolve the initial complaint.
I was extremely disappointed in the manager and his apparent lack of concern. Even though I explained that it really took a lot for me to file this complaint, and that I was pretty sure who had taken it (had to be the young Ethiopian housekeeper, who was in the room next door when I went to the elevator; as the bellman wasn't upstairs long enough, and I am pretty certain he had no idea that it was in the bag, unlike the housekeeper who had entered the room every day, and would have known of its existence). I further explained that there was absolutely no other place that the bag had stopped on its way back to my house. (I even checked the private vehicle in the unlikely event that the bag had somehow come unzipped and the case had fallen out.)
After several calls to him, which he always took, but never returned as promised, he simply told me that he had asked the housekeeper and she told him she did not take it. Really? Really. His overall attitude was not rude, but definitely expressed disbelief (as if it makes sense for me to make up such tale), and a general lack of concern for whether I, the customer, felt comfortable with his "decisions" or was at all appeased.
I truly regretted this experience. I thought (and still think for the most part) that the hotel is absolutely lovely and its local reps are truly dedicated and wonderful people. however, I must exclude management, who was offensively dismissive of what I would expect most managers in a hotel of this caliber would consider a serious matter.
I have not been back since. I'm sure it's still lovely. However, I choose not to stay in hotels where my valuables can be stolen by the housekeepers, and I, the customer, am made to feel like the criminal.
So, if you do choose to go there - do lock up your valuables so that you never have to find out that some people in Sudan actually do commit petty theft - even in top hotels. (I do reiterate again however, that I am pretty certain that the perpetrator was not a Sudanese.) And that some management at top hotels could care less.

Room Tip: A Nile (river) view is more expensive. However, can get a room almost as nice on the corner (xx24 th...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Amnesty1
Zaher-Kassir, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Dear esteemed Guest,

I am sorry to hear about the situation you have experienced at our hotel last January, that I only found about in your review. This no doubt has an adverse effect on your experience at the hotel

I would like to assure you as the new incoming General Manager I have asked for a full investigation on your report. As this is a unique and isolated incident we should be able to trace your details. If however you could kindly send me an e-mail highlighting your particulars and the dates that you have visited the hotel I will be able to act on the matter with expediency. My e-mail address is nicky.borg@corinthia.com

As you rightly said the Corinthia Hotel Khartoum is a very nice hotel and this is something that our guests recognise. As the management company we take pride in the property and this includes the selection, training and development of our staff. Integrity and dedication is paramount in our business and we do all that is possible that these core values are not compromised.

I would appreciate your support in helping us investigate the matter which no doubt calls for immediate clarification and appropriate action.

Best regards.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed several tomes in this hotel and i enjoyed my stay. I recommend this hotel espicially for business visitors. The rooms are wide, more like studeo, bedroom with a guest area. The view of the Nile is very beautiful. I advise the guests to choose the nile view room.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank FAHADalahmadi

Been to Corinthia Hotel Khartoum? Share your experiences!