“A very decent hotel in a city with limited choice”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Khartoum
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Khartoum
Winchester, United Kingdom
“A very decent hotel in a city with limited choice”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The Corinthia is a good modern hotel close to the Blue Nile, and with views from the upper floors of both the Blue and the White Nile. The rooms are a good size, clean, adequately equipped, and comfortable. WiFi is free but a little erratic and you may need to try several connections before getting a good one. The staff are generally efficient and helpful, though service does not quite reach the highest international standards. The buffet breakfast, similarly, is respectable but not much more; for example, some dishes were left under heating lamps too long, and dried out. There is a quite well-equipped gym, though as with many hotel gyms it is a little short on space.

Although I have been critical, on a few points, I would have no hesitation in returning to the Corinthia if I were in Khartoum again. But I should set my expectations modestly by international standards.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Peter C
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Greeting from Corinthia Hotel Khartoum!

Many thanks for choosing Corinthia Hotel Khartoum during your stay in Khartoum. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write your review, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and especially the magnificent view of the Blue and White Nile.

Regarding the WIFI services, we signed a contract with a communication company to upgrade all the services of the internet. You will notice the difference in your next visit to our hotel. The other points which you mentioned on your comments, we will work on it, as our main goal is to provide the highest standard of services to our guests and to meet their expectations.

Once again thank you very much and we are looking forward to having the pleasure of serving you once again in the near future and rest assured that we would continually provide you with the best services and personalized care.

Corinthia Hotel Khartoum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Excellent hotel, large rooms and comfortable beds. Excellent restaurants. Breakfast are buffet and cater to all tastes. Safe to walk around the hotel and along the Blue Nile. Wi-Fi in each room and enough electrical outlets to charge all your devices.

Room Tip: Overlooking the Nile is best
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Corinthia Hotel Khartoum!

It is our main goal to maintain the highest standard of service to all our guests. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the facilities, services and our cuisine taste.

I am sure that clients intending to visit our hotel would find your comments useful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Khartoum in the near future for another memorable Corinthia experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed for 3 days and then took a day room two weeks later earlier this month. The standards of the hotel were far higher then what I expected from a hotel in a sanctioned country. The building was modern, cool and clean with attentive staff! There was wifi everywhere across the hotel which was a nice plus. The spa was great and very reasonably priced for an international chain. The restarant was good and hygienic with amazing views across the city. The rooms were utterly huge with nice furnishings that were discreet and smart. I am staying at the Corinthia in St Petersburg come March and if it is anything like its sister hotel in khartoum - I won't be disappointed!

Oliver

• Stayed January 2014
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Esteemed Client,

Thank you very much for your kind words which truly reflect what we believe we are and what the value we wish to extend to all out guests.

I will surely share your review with our staff as this is something that would encourage them and make them more committed in recognising and living up to the expectations of our clients. As you know we form part of the Corinthia Hotel Chain and we pride to belong to such a company that focuses on the highest of standards and in turning client stays into memorable experiences.

I thank you for your patronage at the Corinthia Hotel Khartoum and I hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future. In the meantime if you would be so kind to send me your personal detail including the dates when you intend to visit St. Petersburg I will certainly pass them on to the General Manager of the hotel who would certainly recognise you as a regular Corinthia customer. My e-mail address is: nicky.borg@corinthia.com

Renewed thanks and best regards.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here about 10-11 times over the last 5 years.

It does not get better in Khartoum. There are other possibilities of course, but Corinthia is my choice anytime.

Get a exec. lounge room. The value is great - breakfast, lunch opportunities and evening snacks at the lounge is varied and plenty of room for meetings too.

The gym, restaurants, barber, massage/sauna, employees etc. is second to none in Khartoum. I wish I could go to Corinthia more often - it's the type of place you will miss.
They have gone through 3-4 GM's over the last few years. It attests to Khartoum not being an easy place to work, but the hotel keeps its standards

Room Tip: Go for the Exec. lounge rooms or Suites.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank June A
Dear esteemed Guest,

A very Special Greetings from Corinthia Hotel Khartoum!

I would like to thank you for choosing Corinthia Hotel Khartoum as you hotel of choice when visiting the City and taking the time to write this review.

I was very happy to read that you have enjoyed the facilities, services and the quality of the food and beverages offered at the Executive Lounge .
Your comments have been shared and we will keep motivating our team to further deliver superior service.

My team and I thank you again and look forward welcoming you back during your next travelling to Khartoum.

Best Regards,

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We spent the best couple of days in Khartoum as a start of our honeymoon. The hospitality we received at Corinthia was astounding. The hotel staff at all levels ensured that we had a cozy stay checking on us every now and then, supplying daily bouquets of flowers, fruit platters and adjusting regulations of the hotel to suit our needs. On our departure we were gifted a lovely cake celebrating our wedding. It is very rare that you leave a hotel after only a two nights stay with individuals' names registered in your memory, but in Corinthia it certainly has, thanks to Hassan Sinada and Grace.
The views from the hotel are breathtaking overlooking the delta and the nile. The rooms are extremely spacious and adequately equipped with what would need on any sort of stay. A return is a must to this enchanting hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nasreen M
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Ms. Nasreen,

Greeting from Corinthia Hotel Khartoum!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. I am very pleased to see that you were happy with the arrangements that my team has done for you and I am sorry that I did not meet you in person as I was away.
We always do our best to identify the needs of our customers and treat them based on their individual requirements around the framework of the hotel’s policies and procedures.
I shared your comments with the hotel’s team and they are very grateful for your appreciation and kind words.
May I take this opportunity to congratulate you and your bridegroom wishing you both much, health and happiness.

london
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Really excellent spacious rooms with fantastic bedding and everything spotless and working properly. Bath water brown, but that seems normal for Sudan. Excellent air con. Food very good. Far reaching views. Staff very good.

Only complaint is, that there is nowhere whatsoever to go in the vicinity, with the exception of a tiny local tea stall. There is no chance of a pleasant sunset stroll along the Corniche, which is a busy road here, a seat in a sidewalk cafe, or any shopping. There are a couple of very small shops in the reception area but they don't sell much you might need and were not open all the time. The nearest pharmacy is miles away. The reception could not tell me where it was and I had to take a taxi on an expedition.

So, an international bubble which could be anywhere in the world, but a very good one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Guest,

A very special greeting from Corinthia Hotel Khartoum!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. It is our goal to maintain the highest standards of services to our guest and I am glad to see that you rate our hotel amongst the best of its kind.
We also note that you felt the location although nice alongside the banks of the Blue Nile it is still rather rural. Based on your comments we are taking the initiatives to draw up a nice board to assist and encourage our guests to visit the National Museum which is just 400 meters away from the hotel and the Botanic Garden around 700 meters away as well as the Al Waha shopping mall with all kinds of shops that is around 800 meters away.
Whilst thanking you for your customs and feedback, we look forward to welcoming you again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have stayed here on three occasions now during my travels to Sudan. The standards are consistently high.

Large, spacious AC rooms with reasonably fast Internet WiFi connection.

Spotless bathrooms.

Choice of restaurants, of which the Asian, although expensive, is very good.

Very secure.

My first choice of hotels in Khartoum.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Very special greetings from Corinthia Hotel Khartoum!

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Khartoum and for taking your time to write your comments in the Trip advisor. It is indeed our pleasure to have you as a regular guest.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, services and hotel’s facilities, especially the “Rickshaw Restaurant” where Asian food is served.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in the hotel during your next visit to Khartoum

Best regards,

Corinthia Hotel Khartoum

Been to Corinthia Hotel Khartoum? Share your experiences!