“Khartoum Visit”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Khartoum
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Khartoum
Maidstone
“Khartoum Visit”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Corinthia was a wonderful escape from the bustle, heat and dust of Khartoum. Our room was huge and had a fantastic view of both Niles's and the bridge to Tutti Island. The breakfast was good and I especially enjoyed the freshly made omelettes from the omelette lady. All the staff are friendly especially the lady on reception with the fantastically hennaed hands (sorry I didn't take her name). We didn't have problems with the hot water as previously mentioned but agree with the comments about the Wifi on 16th floor so it will be good when this is sorted out. The staff at The Grill were very accommodating especially as we wanted to watch the England v Peru football game. They tried really hard to find the match but the channel was scrambled !!! However the mixed grill was a bit dry. The cakes were also fantastic. Air con was quiet. I even enjoyed a swim !! Would defiantly recommend staying at the Corinthia.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view - obviously. Our room over looked the Tutti Island Bridge and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen B
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Ms. Karen,

A very special greeting from Corinthia Hotel Khartoum!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. It is our goal to maintain the highest standards of services to our clients and I am glad to that we have reached your expectations.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience in the hotel. We strive to provide our guests highest standards of service and facilities and provide the true Corinthia service. Regarding the WIFI at the Mugran Restaurant at the 16 Floor, we are working on this issue and within few weeks will be implemented and you will enjoy it during your next visit to Corinthia Hotel Khartoum.

I have shared your comments with the hotel’s management and staff who are very appreciative of your comments.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Corinthia Hotel Khartoum again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Corinthia Hotel Khartoum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is on the Nile, nice and clean
I recommend it for anyone traveling to Khartoum for business , staff is extremely friendly and helpful
Le Grill restaurant was a great place to eat ribs and burgers

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank travel1976_10
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Esteemed Client,

Greetings from Corinthia Hotel Khartoum!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking time to comment on your stay and positive feedback on Trip Advisor which will no doubt be very beneficial for our future guests. As our main intention is to make our guests feel comfortable and happy by providing them the highest standard of services available in Khartoum and in line with our Corinthia Hotel international brand standards.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I have already shared your comments with the management and staff who are very appreciative of your feedback that will certainly encourage them to maintain their efforts in meeting and wherever possible exceed our clients’ expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum soon.

Best regards,

Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel is of a standard that I was not expecting and was gladly surprised (even though it's construction was partly funded by a certain ex-Libyan president!).

Early morning check-in was quick and efficient, the room and bathroom were very large, clean and comfortable. The rooms were exceptionally quiet and offered good air-con for the hot 40+ degree days. The breakfast was very good with a wide variety of usual affair. There is a good gym and swimming pool on the lower floors which are complimentary with the hotel too. The hotel views are exceptional especially the ones overlooking the white and blue Niles. And overall, I felt very safe.

WIFI was very good, but tended to be a bit patchy depending on the time of the day (unfortunately there was not available WIFI in the breakfast area on the 16th floor). Also the hot water in the morning could have been a bit hotter too. On check-out, unfortunately, I could not get change in US dollars, and had to receive Sudanese pounds instead. I was also slightly short changed because I think the receptionist made a mistake with the change, but I soon corrected him. That to one side, my stay was fantastic and I would recommend coming here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank aikiko
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Corinthia Hotel Khartoum for your recent stay in Khartoum. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write your review as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

Regarding the WIFI at the Mugran Restaurant at the 16 Floor, we are working on this issue and within few weeks will be implemented and all our guests will enjoy the internet service throughout the hotel.

We have noted your concern regarding the hot water and the error in the change given and if you could give us further details I will look into the matter further.

We look forward to welcome you back soon at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum as we continually strive to keep improving our clients’ experiences through the hospitality that my team and I wish to extend.

Pune, India
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Hotel location is on Nile river bank. The architecture is really good and presents a very good view with lot of space around. The hotel is very lively. Food ids excellent specially breakfast. Stay was excellent.

Room Tip: On Nile side.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Dip12122
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 29 March 2014

Greetings from Corinthia Hotel Khartoum!

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback about your stay at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum.

We are more than happy to know that you enjoyed your experience in the hotel. It's truly rewarding to receive such comments. We will always strive hard to provide our guest the highest standard of service and facilities and provide the true Corinthia service.
I have shared your comments with the hotel’s management and staff. They are very proud that we have met your expectations.

Malta, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Having just returned back to my country after a short stay at the Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, I cannot not recommend this Hotel as the best in town, in all the various aspects one might think of. Staff is more than friendly, the management goes the extra mile to come across your desires, great value for money, attentive & thoughtful details through out, excellent food, but, above all, hospitality, which is of supreme class... that's why I felt at Home at the Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, the obvious choice if you're travelling to this beautiful city!!! I look forward to visit again in the near future... please keep it up!!!... best regards, Etienne Zammit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Etienne Z
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Mr. Zammit,

Thank you very much for your kind words which are surely appreciated and that represent is a reflection back from the efforts we make to meet and wherever possible exceed our guests’ expectations.

I am glad that you found the hotel comfortable and to your liking. The blend of modern facilities and services that we provide blended with true traditional Sudanese hospitality is what I believe makes the Corinthia Hotel Khartoum unique and at the end appreciated by our guests.

Once again I thank you for your patronage and for sharing your opinion about your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Khartoum and we look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Best regards.

Yours sincerely,

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The Corinthia is a good modern hotel close to the Blue Nile, and with views from the upper floors of both the Blue and the White Nile. The rooms are a good size, clean, adequately equipped, and comfortable. WiFi is free but a little erratic and you may need to try several connections before getting a good one. The staff are generally efficient and helpful, though service does not quite reach the highest international standards. The buffet breakfast, similarly, is respectable but not much more; for example, some dishes were left under heating lamps too long, and dried out. There is a quite well-equipped gym, though as with many hotel gyms it is a little short on space.

Although I have been critical, on a few points, I would have no hesitation in returning to the Corinthia if I were in Khartoum again. But I should set my expectations modestly by international standards.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Peter C
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Greeting from Corinthia Hotel Khartoum!

Many thanks for choosing Corinthia Hotel Khartoum during your stay in Khartoum. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write your review, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and especially the magnificent view of the Blue and White Nile.

Regarding the WIFI services, we signed a contract with a communication company to upgrade all the services of the internet. You will notice the difference in your next visit to our hotel. The other points which you mentioned on your comments, we will work on it, as our main goal is to provide the highest standard of services to our guests and to meet their expectations.

Once again thank you very much and we are looking forward to having the pleasure of serving you once again in the near future and rest assured that we would continually provide you with the best services and personalized care.

Best regards

New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Excellent hotel, large rooms and comfortable beds. Excellent restaurants. Breakfast are buffet and cater to all tastes. Safe to walk around the hotel and along the Blue Nile. Wi-Fi in each room and enough electrical outlets to charge all your devices.

Room Tip: Overlooking the Nile is best
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Nicky-Nicholas-Borg, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, responded to this review, 12 February 2014

Greetings from Corinthia Hotel Khartoum!

It is our main goal to maintain the highest standard of service to all our guests. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the facilities, services and our cuisine taste.

I am sure that clients intending to visit our hotel would find your comments useful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Khartoum in the near future for another memorable Corinthia experience.

Best regards,

Corinthia Hotel Khartoum

Been to Corinthia Hotel Khartoum? Share your experiences!