“basic but great”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Khartoum
German Guesthouse Khartoum
Ranked #3 of 21 Khartoum B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Very basic large clean rooms. More like a backbackers lodge. Breakfast, basic, just cornflakes coffee and eggs. Lunches is soup and salad.Dinner isa pasta or rice dish.There is no choices like in a buffet. One can help oneself to as much water bottles and soft drinks in the fridge and all this is included in the room price which is extremely reasonable. They have a driver that will pick you and drop you at the airport and also take you sighteeing. Will i recommend this place yes and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KalahariAustralia

Reviewed 4 May 2013

From the moment I sent an email to the German Guesthouse, they were fantastic!! Their reponses to my many questions via email were so quick and helpful. They picked us up at midnight all helped us with all the paperwork that is required in Sudan. They made our trip completely hassle free and relaxed. Everyone that was staying there were so friendly, making us feel instantly welcome. The rooms and food were great. Our stay was wonderful and I would higly recommend this place to anyone. A fantastic introduction to Sudan!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Returnt0sender
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I was there for a week, the rooms there around 80-100$, there is a nice pool where they do every Thursday a small party in the night, the rooms are totally clean , there is no TV inside the room but there is WiFi 24 hours, the food is totally free (without any fees) I didn't pay anything to eat three meals with fresh drinks every single day , home service is good and the management will give you what ever you want to be comfortable , For me , It was the best place in all Khartoum

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MOH_Samawi
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stayed here with a group for a friend's wedding. The highlights were the hotel management and staff - Jessica and her team made our experience incredibly smooth. Food was great (although vegetarian options were limited), and the spread they put on for New Years was wonderful! The ability of the staff to sort out every little bureaucratic hurdle, sort out transport around town, and general advice on Khartoum was wonderful. Rooms were a little basic - but I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Khartoum. Pool looked good - although we didn't wind up going for a swim!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ntate
Reviewed 6 December 2012

The staff were amazingly helpful and very accommodating to our needs. We arrived late at night and they attended to our every need offering us food and drinks. The rooms were spacious, clean and have good air conditioning. They had a great information pack explaining all that can be seen in and around Khartoum. There food is delightful also. For us we found the facilities and the helpful staff made it a great value place to stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Luke K
Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

I felt directly welcomed when we arrived at German Guest House. And the area around the pool is cleaned and fresh. The room I had was clean sober and was charming. I must admitted I just stayed only for one day but I'm sure it want chance much. The sweet girl in the kitchen made a very good dinner for us and the other guests around seemed to be very satisfied. The staff offered also help with excursions if we would like it!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Christina S
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I am a civil engineer visiting Sudan for a short design assignment. I am staying in German guesthouse since 3rd August 2012. The guesthouse is adorable. There was a very warm welcome by Micheal. Very nice service, excellent food and a good location are probably the main pro's. Laundry service is very efficient. BBQ on weekends attracts a lot of members from outside. The guesthouse has a clean feel. It is definately one of the best places to stay in Khartoum.
Engineer. Muhammad Asif

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Engr_Muhammad_Asif

Been to German Guesthouse Khartoum? Share your experiences!