“Magnificent views over the Ezulweni Vally”
Review of Mountain Inn

Mountain Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mbabane
Hout Bay, South Africa
“Magnificent views over the Ezulweni Vally”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived at this family run hotel and where warmly greeted by Patrick the owner who treated us to a welcome drink while explaining what services the hotel offered . The hotel offers free wifi and reading comments here about it being slow it was fine . Want it fast then buy it and it's fast ! We ate both breakfast and dinner at the hotel food was great and service was pleasant and quick . The bar area has recently been made non smoking which is a real plus as we enjoyed about ten beers there before driving down to the casino . The hotel hosts lots of conferences and tour groups and although they were very busy service never faltered . Rooms where clean and comfortable and recently refurbished with a funky shower . Try to get a room overlooking the valley as they have the best views . The hotel also has a 9 hole mini golf coarse for kids and a nice pool . Overall a great stay , thank you Patrick for your hospitality .

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JohnFinchPhotography
Patrick W, Owner at Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your positive review and response which we most appreciate. We are most pleased that you enjoyed our facility and service All reviews even those utilising dark and controversial titles, enable us to improve on our product.
Thanking you.
Patrick Ward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
West Sussex
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The receptionist who checked us in was the most efficient and clued-in receptionist I have ever met in my entire life. I should have paid more attention to her name. The hotel has a fine view over the surrounding valley and a pool which, I'm sure in summer would be very nice but in winter was just nice to look at. The buffet dinner was very bland and disappointing compared to all the other meals we enjoyed in five weeks in Africa. I had better food at a market in Namibia. The breakfast was okay though. We had a family room which was huge.

I was expecting a tourist-oriented hotel but the hotel seems to be the focal point of the AIDS industry in Swaziland. There were at least two separate delegations of AIDS industry executives there while we were there. All net-working over their buffet dinner and having 'break-out' sessions and high-powered phone calls during breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jgm2
Patrick W, Owner at Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your positive response and for complimenting our service. Your review is important and we will certainly take steps to improve our Buffet. Al a Carte is always available as another dinning option.
We do certainly deal with many corporates and conferences, tourists also comprise and large number of our bookings, however this can be seasonal.
Thanking you
Mauritius
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were on a business trip and stayed 2 nights at the Mountain View. I was surprised by the amazing views I got from my room. The atmosphere was very peaceful and very quiet. Ideal to resource oneself. There was decent food at the breakfast buffet. However, we did not like the food for dinner: too oily cuisine. I was in room 3.

Room Tip: I was in room 3. Ask for valley facing rooms.
Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Patrick W, Owner at Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Chanda
We are most pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your review which enables us to improve and which we do value. Whilst I am not sure what dinner choices you experienced, I will communicate your feedback with F&B and I ensure improvement.
Thanking you.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The view is the upside. I didn't like this hotel. I found the food to be terrible and there are much better alternatives out there. Its a old hotel. it has a moldy shower curtain and hairs in the bath and the bed. It was my last night is Swaziland and couldn't wait to get out. The aircon / heater is out dated and was leaking when I arrived. I think a soft refurb is required soon!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 22Jayne
Patrick W, Owner at Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Jayne

We do sincerely apologies for the poor standards that you experienced. This is totally unacceptable and I will be pursuing this with both house keeping and Restaurant. There is no plausible reason for any guest to encounter such and certainly this will not be repeated.
Whilst we are an older hotel, we are constantly upgrading in all areas. At the moment we are removing baths and replacing with showers and softs in many rooms have been renewed. Air conditioners are also being replaced old for new.

Should you be visiting Swaziland again, please contact me directly and I will ensure you are compensated for your unfortunate experience.

Again our sincere apologies.

Patrick Ward
Road Town, Tortola
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My family had 2 rooms at the Mountain Inn. The views were amazing, the hospitality warm and the food nourishing. Over the 3 days we stayed the staff were helpful & catered to all our needs. Our rooms had modern showers & comfortable beds. Get up in the morning & look for miles down the valley. Overall great value for money. We were visiting in the winter, but in the summer they have a good size pool, outdoor huge chess and crazy golf. If you are staying in Mbabane then I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tim D
Thank you so much for your review which is most appreciated. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and our restaurant.
Assuring you of our best attention.
Maryland
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at the Mountain View for three nights in August. The hotel is in Mbabane, in a quiet neighborhood of foreign Embassies and Consulates not far from the main highway and downtown Mbabane. The hotel has an older section which is ok but lacks a view and a new section (Rooms 1-24) that has a spectacular view down the valley and state of the art showers in most rooms. They have a restaurant (strangely called Friar Tuck) which has very good food at very reasonable prices. The breakfast buffet also has a good selection. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. We had a problem with the hot water the first day and they were quick to rectify this and compensate us for the inconvenience and were very responsive when I asked to be moved to a room with a view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view...rooms 1-24
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Caramme

Thank you so much for your feed back. I do apologies for the hot water incident and am most pleased that it was corrected speedily. We are most pleased you enjoyed our service.
Thanking you and assuring you of our best attention.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Lovely hotel run by a family with efficient, well trained staff and the best views in Mbabane!
I would suggest that if you need to be in Mbabane, this is your best choice of hotel in the town. Rooms in the old wing have better views and better privacy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Patrick W, Owner at Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review. We look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mbabane
Mantenga Lodge
#4 of 6 in Ezulwini
The Royal Villas
The Royal Villas
#3 of 6 in Ezulwini

Been to Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!