All reviewsthe ownerhomemade breadcountry hotelhorse ridingsmall portionssunday buffetset menucar washedtrout fishingan amazing hostshower curtainenglish stylemouth wateringexcellent foodnice barbeautiful settingpudding
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I travelled with a friend from Mozambique. (The trip went well and the border posts were calm).
We enjoyed our stay there. I think that the lobby/living room are comfortable, but could be better with some modern touches. The bed linnen is very nice!
Ruth who is running the hotel gave us an excellent service and she made sure that all guests for dinner had special attention. The food was very nice and the chocolate mousse + the orange homemade ice-cream are not to be missed. Hmm...
The hotel is perfect for families. I am looking forward to visit the place again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are the best.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tahia C
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel on recommendation of friends. Only stayed one night - the beds were very comfortable and I am normally very fussy about pillows, but theirs were great. The breakfast was very good, with a wide choice of fruits, breads, and cooked options. However it was the supper that that let me down during my stay. The description of the set menu has your mouth watering, the presentation was good but the food failed to completely deliver to my expectations. The home made ice cream on the other hand was great!! The service was excellent, and the staff most pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TaffyMidrand
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This charming hotel in Swasiland met our expectations. We stayed there for 2 nights and spent the whole day in the hotel because of terrible rainy weather.... It was quite comfortable, nice bar, lounge, dining room, each with roaring fires....
The food was good and more then enough, the service at the bar and the dining room was good.
The whole atmosphere was old-fashioned english for me - and I liked it!
Absolutely reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

After long drives and doing the tourist thing we climbed the hills twisting and turning roads in a soft rain until we reached a little piece of Scotland - Oops no it is Swaziland. But with the surrounding pine forests, the soft rain, the roaring fires in every public room and the big soft comfortable beds in the bedrooms I though I was in the Scottish highlands. Great food and the chance to try everything on offer, very friendly welcome by all the staff. Rooms in good order, clean and fresh, space to sit and stare on your own verandas. It was just perfect. All you need is a couple of good books - and there were plenty - and you would never move again.

Room Tip: All the rooms fact the gardens and pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bucephalas
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We only had one night in Foresters Arms and maybe we should have stayed longer as the hotel is situated in a beautiful environment.
They have a very cosy bar with fire place, dinner and breakfast are very good and also the service is perfect.
The rooms are very basic and do need renovation, we had the feeling we were in a 1* motel or something.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple