Hotel Eda-oba
  • Room Service
US$59
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This Hotel is not going to compare to western standards real well, but really is a perfectly fine hotel. The rate was good for us, the rooms were clean and we always felt safe. The restaurant was again not great, but always filled us up, never got us sick. The pool is nice, and the internet was solid.

The only complaint (and it was a big complaint) was the beds. My room was a king and was tolerable. My other room for my co-workers the beds were double boxsprings, no mattresses!! That was less than fun. Of course in the US or Europe I'd give this 1 star, but considering its in a poor African city with little infrastructure, it really was ok.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank worldtrav426
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The website is actually very good, the hotel isn't. The reviewers must have been in a different building than I. Web-based reservations, as noted by patriciae206, don't really exist. When I checked in, I showed the confirmation number and that convinced them to give me a room.
The room was "deluxe", at the end of the building with a rounded wall that held the tv/desk.
Thinks went downhill quickly. The bathroom is disturbing. The pipes are rusted, with rust running from the pipes down the walls/tile. The shower plumbing has been sanded down, but leaving a black blotchy residue. The pipes into the walls have been there so long there are simply larger holes the smaller pipes run into.
The bed is simply a plywood sheet with some padding on it.
The real point is there are much better places; the Tripadvisor site makes it look like this is actually one of the best hotels in town. It isn't. Sancta Maria. Sara.... (blocking).
Lome is an interesting, colorful city. Poor but just wonderful people.
"Yum" food if you are starving. It is OK. That's it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank JSSinCincinnati
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Just a warning: if you reserve online you will need to call the hotel to ensure that they have your reservation. I spent 30 minutes at check-in trying to work out how my reservation had disappeared. This despite the fact that I had a confirmation letter email and also was able to log into the hotel reservation system to show that the booking had been made and confirmed.

That point aside, the staff are really great. Very friendly and they do everything they can to help if you have any problems.

I have to disagree with the reviewers claiming this as the best hotel in Lome. It really isn't, not by a long shot. The only thing that I can really say is that the hotel is clean and quite cheap. I you are coming to Lome for a day or two and just need a place to crash, you'll be fine here.

However, if you need to stay more than a couple of days, you'd do much better at Sarakawa because Eda Oba doesn't offer much in the way of scenery or relaxation. The furniture in the rooms is oddly mismatched and poor quality, the restaurant selections are extremely limited, and there is really no place to relax. The pool area is quite lovely, but there is no one in the ghost-town looking bar nor are there cushions on the chaises (and no one to ask about putting them out!).

It's a shame because it clearly has the potential to be a decent business hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool also have a nice view of the more residential areas of the city (i.d., green trees and rooftops instead of dirt puts and tarmac)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank patriciae206
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel when visiting Lome!!! The prices are affordable and very competitive on the market, the service is great, the hotel is very clean and the food is yum....!!! Definitely a winner!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank DariaTLondon
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is by far the best hotel in Lome. I used to stay at the Mercure Sarakawa, and I have to say it was grossly overpriced and the service mediocre. At Eda Oba, the prices are reasonable and the service excellent. The hotel is new and clean, there's a multitude of restaurants to chose from and it's perfect for conferences as there are many different sized conference spaces and functioning internet in all rooms. It is also wonderful for a vacation, the pool is a calm and peaceful haven. I strongly recommend the Hotel Eda Oba to all those traveling to Lome, Togo.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business