“Excellent location with seaview, but basic common areas”
Review of Ibis Lome Centre

Ibis Lome Centre
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Lome
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Accor hotel located along the boulevard by the sea. Rooms from 145 USD, 160 USD for sea view (worth the upgrade: rooms have a balcony!!).

Located downtown by the beach and a short stroll to most locations. Very attentive staff who remember clients' name and were greeting us by our last names everytime we'd come in and out.

Breakfast of poor quality, but many NGO workers and locals seemed satisfied. Large patio and restaurant by the pool.

National Rent-a-car agency on site, but quite disorganized: lady could not get a car to the hotel in reasonable time.

Room Tip: 5,000 CFA for seaview: worth the upgrade as rooms have a balcony.
Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MarySL00
Laetitia N, General Manager at Ibis Lome Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear guest,

We thank you for having taken the time to write to us following your stay at ibis Lome Centre.

You have a lukewarm memory of your stay and you rightly highlighted certain insufficiencies in the service that was provided to you, and I have been made aware of them. I assure you that we are sorry and we present our sincerest apologies for this unpleasant experience.

I attach considerable importance to correcting our mistakes, in order to improve the quality and you satisfaction.

This year, few changes will be made: all the beds will be changed as well as the pillows, the building will be refurbished. Our breakfast offer will be improve and i will correct the attitude of the lady of the rental company.

We hope that, following our improvements, we may count you among the guests of ibis hotels, despite this experience.

Once again, we thank you and hope to win back your trust

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel is located close to the city center.
We can see the Lome beach from our room.
This hotel is very clean, good atomosphere, and good air condition.
Since this hotel is high quality, Business person and high society person are staying.
However, food and drink are very expensive.

Room Tip: You should choose the room on the sea side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Laetitia N, General Manager at Ibis Lome Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Lomé Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

For the food and drink, a new Menu is being prepared, i hope this one will meet your expectations.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have always had a high regard for Ibis as value for money. For instance the Ibis in Cotonou, Benin is a good hotel. However, the Ibis in Lome, Togo is the worst ever. Nothing in the hotel speaks of Ibis other than the branding. The front staff were unfriendly but handled the checking-in efficiently. The room was sort of okay. The bed was not Ibis standard and the pillows were nowhere according to the adverts!! The wifi only worked if I stood at the door but further into the room - nothing. I could not for instance sit at the desk and enjoy wifi.

The breakfast is poor. The cutlery is old. There is only one restaurant and it is outside at the pool. For dinner we asked if we could order inside and eat at the breakfast seating. The reason being because it was extremely hot outside and the mosquitoes were plenty (Trying to eliminate the risk of malaria) but they refused to accommodate us. At the restaurant there is only one waiter and one chef serving all the tables.

WORST of all both nights my colleague and I encountered prostitutes inside the hotel. I was furious and felt unsafe. I will never stay there again. I rather pay more and stay at the Mecure. The only good thing I can mention is the view. But hey, so does the Mecure have excellent views. I rather stay in a good hotel and have no view than in a bad hotel with good views.

Lastly, I feel that Ibis' advertising on their website is misleading. The pictures of the rooms were not taken at Ibis Lome. Disappointing. I now mistrust them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Laetitia N, General Manager at Ibis Lome Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Lomé Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence:
- Concerning the new Ibis Bedding, it has been ordered and will be delivered soon this year.
- Concerning the restaurant: If you don't want to eat in the restaurant outside, you have a proposal Inside at the bar with salads, snacks and deserts.
- Concerning Internet, we have a business centre team available to help you deal with your connexion issues. All the hotel has free internet access.
- Concerning your security, we have 14 security agents working for your comfort.

We appreciate sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was booked in the Ibis for a week and checked in yesterday. It's dirty, my room smelt, looked derelict and cockroaches came to pay me visit at night. I checked out and now staying in Residence Flamini, which is fabulous... Really would not recommend IBIS to anyone... Staff were very nice and understanding and reimbursed my stay. Staff were generally lovely... The hotel really was everything but...

Room Tip: Just choose another hotel if you want a good room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Laetitia N, General Manager at Ibis Lome Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We did not had any information about your issues during your stay.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is absolutely excellent. Being in this hotel, you could never tell you were in Africa. If you want, you can get a room with a view of the ocean and the view is pretty nice. The hotel rooms are clean and very modern and up to date. Each room has a balcony and if you have a view of the ocean, that's pretty nice. Since the hotel is right on the ocean, it's really close to everything and its walking distance from many places.

Room Tip: Pick a room with the view of the ocean and you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Laetitia N, General Manager at Ibis Lome Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Reviewed 29 November 2013

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Please dont try this hotel if on business, Poor service from the check-in to check-out. Most terrific experience in the restaurant, only 3 staffs working there, 1 chef, 1 waiter and 1 barman for all the customers imagine then how long you have to wait to get the menu or to get your food, it takes hours..
Will Never Never Never Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr come back there

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Laetitia N, Manager at Ibis Lome Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Excellent location and environment! A beautiful swimming pool for the day, and a classy beach for a relaxed evening!

Comfortable rooms, although a bit small, but reasonably well furnished. Although under renovation, there was minimal inconvenience to the guests. The restaurant menu is excellent and reasonably good value for money!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Laetitia N, General Manager at Ibis Lome Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Mr Edward G,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Lomé. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

General Manager.