This was one of the most pleasant places we stayed during our two-week trip to Togo and Ghana. Reasons why I recommend Hotel Belle-vue:
1. We made a reservation, which was honored. When we showed up, they greeted us by name.
2. You can pay with Visa, which is a great when you are on your way to the airport and don’t want to withdraw more local currency. There was not any charge for using a credit card rather than cash.
3. The Togolese man at the front desk speaks English and answered lots of questions without complaint or attitude. When he didn’t know the answer, instead of making something up, he asked the man who appeared to be the hotel owner, so we got accurate information.
4. For a fee (7,000 CFA), you can check out at 6 pm. Great if you have an evening flight and want to clean-up before you head to the airport. Then you can have dinner at the restaurant or hang out at the bar while waiting for the airport shuttle.
5. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport. It’s so free that they even instructed me not to tip the driver, who drove a clean, air-conditioned car and picked us up on time.
6. The rooms were better maintained than a resort where we stayed in Ghana and paid more than twice as much. When we reported that the air conditioner went out, it was fixed within a few hours. Our room didn’t have any leaky faucets or broken tile like other places, and the after weeks of being in messy, chaotic environments, I liked that someone had made the curtains match the bedspread. It was the only place in Africa I didn’t use flip flops in the shower.
7. We were able to add another single bed to our room for a fee, which allowed us to squeeze three adults into one room rather than getting a second room.
8. It is walkable to the Peace Corps Bureau – about 10 minutes down one road, easy to find. A discount for Peace Corps families would be awesome.
I hope the hotel will translate its menu into English to make ordering easy. I also would have enjoyed dining there more if the menu had several vegetarian options. The restaurant was pricey, but it stood out by providing professional service and a shady dining area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Belle-Vue Hotel ! Belle-Vue Hotel offers 43 comfortable quality rooms, with a particular attention for decoration. The Bar under the straw hut proposes varied drinks that you will savour just in front of our swimming pool while you enjoy relaxing. Finest gourmets, the restaurant La Belle Epoque opens its doors in a refined mood. Our cookers prepare every day gastronomic French cooking with a lot of creativity and originality. NEW ! We propose 13 new rooms around a large swimming pool, reserved to our guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Belle-vue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.