Dolphin Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$184
Agoda.com
US$157
US$128
Jumia Travel
All reviewsstaff are extremely helpful and friendlyindian cuisineswimming poolrooms are cleanvisiting kampalastar hotelhotel is locatedgymtvvatacconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel is clean..food is ok..staff is friendly...but its located way out of the city...at a quiet corner. They dont keep sim cards which they should considering the location...also dont expect any change to give to taxi drivers....
rooms r ok...but the problem is there is no hit water kettle...coffee..nothing in the room..not even a small fridge!
pool...gym..sauna r good...indian food is good but expect it to be delivered after 40 minutes.
overall an average budget hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
Dinesh G, Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you for the review of our hotel. Kindly accept our apologies for not getting the change for the taxi since our staff had gone to get the change from the bank at that time and also for delaying for food. We will definitely think about tea/coffee making facility and fridge in the room and keeping the sim cards for the guests. .We look forward to the pleasure of serving you better in your next visit.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Ini my role I travel extensively in all sorts of situations and am conscious of the stewardship needed when it comes to accommodations. Dolphin Suites is one of my favourites. It's not fancy but it is clean and comfortable. Dinesh and his staff are eager to please and the food especially the Indian menu is really delicious. I also need at times to hold meetings with colleagues sometimes at short notice or add to the numbers staying with me, they always bend ofer backwards to make it happen.

Room Tip: The higher up the quieter the room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Dinesh G, Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Mr. Simon,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Dolphin Suites.
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to experience our amazing food; I am so pleased that you found the experience to be “spectacular”!
We all look forward to welcoming you back to Dolphin Suites - thank you for allowing us to turn your moments into memories.
Kind Regards

Dolphin Suites

Reviewed 10 May 2014

A good hotel set in a peaceful surrounding.Stayed there for one night and was truly satisfied with the ambiance, the food, service and a very accommodating staff. The location of hotel is such that one can go for jogging and enjoy it. Had a nice comfortable sleep. Rooms are clean and so are bathrooms. They don't have any tea/coffee making facility in the room and one has to order from the room service. All the rooms are having spacious balcony. Though I had not asked for a pickup from Entebbe but on inquiring found a helpful lady outside the airport who was from Speke hotel owned by the same management, and she arranged for a vehicle to drop me at the hotel. Would like to come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are preferable though I was on the ground floor but didn't find it disturbing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Dinesh G, Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We will definitely think about tea/coffee making facility in the room.We look forward to the pleasure of serving you better in your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Dolphin Suites is a secure hotel close to Kampala City Centre. The Gardens are well kept and there is a nice outdoor swimming pool on the grounds. I'd recommend you ask for a 1st or 2nd floor room as the ground floor may be a bit noisy if the pool or restaurant is busy. Good view from the balcony where I stayed (room 11). The showers had good water pressure and there was hot water any time of day or night. There are mosquito nets, housekeeping is of a good standard and you get a bottle of water each day The rooms have a double door between them which compromises the sound proofing somewhat. The wi-fi reception was patchy but passable and Skype would frequently drop out during calls. The TV reception in the rooms was frequently grainy. The a la carte Food in the restaurant was good with a good Indian section to the menu (the management is Indian). Breakfast had juice, tea, coffee cereal and hot food in the form of eggs/omlette, beans, sausage. I stayed 5 nights in all on a business trip and was happy with the stay overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st or 2nd Floor Room as the ground floor may be a bit noisy if the restaurant or pool is busy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Desmond O
Dinesh G, Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your the time to write your review of our hotel, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.We will definitely rectify the problem of the Wi-Fi and TV signals.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Dolphin Suites.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had a reservation for 4 nights to stay at Dolphin from February 8-12. Before leaving Rwanda for Entebbe we called the hotel to arrange a car. This is what happened:

The call begins and I'm informed that yes a car can be arranged, but the Indian gentleman taking my call instantly who know I was. "You booked through Expedia, sir?" "Yes, two single rooms for 4 nights." "Sir, I am sorry but I will arrange you to stay at one of our sister hotels. A group has checked in and we are accommodating all of them. We will try to get you here tomorrow."

I was outraged and told him so, and that I expected him to find a solution and would call him again when I arrived at Kigali airport in a few hours.

After calling back, I spoke to the same gentleman and at this point I was hot mad. He finally gave me the name of the 'hotel' he'd be sending us to, the "Forest Cottages." I looked that up while on the phone and virtually no information was available on it other than it was far flung from the city center, and looked a LOT cheaper than the $120/night we were paying for Dolphin.

I informed him I would be calling Expedia/Hotels.com to deal with this. He begged and begged pathetically, practically crying on the phone - not to call them. I hung up the phone, called them, and was able to get a full refund cancellation due to this misbehavior.

Expedia informed me this has happened before. I strongly recommend you book your hotels through an agent such as them that can help you in Uganda in case this happens to you, but it DEFINITELY happens at Dolphin.

Just imagine if we hadn't called and then had time to find another hotel before flying to Uganda. Our evening was saved by checking on these hucksters first.

Do not book this hotel if you want a nice visit to Kampala.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends