Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from Umoja Motherland Tours Limited tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews always on time east africa national park agnes volcano boat expectations journey hippos roads adventure country itinerary culture uganda animals company
Reviewed 5 October 2018

In July of this year we undertook an extensive self-drive journey through countries East Africa and the section of the tour in Rwanda and Uganda that was organised by Umoja Motherland Tours was by far the best organised. Agnes and her colleagues made sure that we had all the info we needed. She traveled to Lake Bunyononi to brief us and hand over the documents and vouchers, Her attention to detail made all the difference and she would regularly follow up if things were running smoothly. On a self-drive tour, this approach is critical. We can personally recommend Agnes and Umoja to anyone.

Date of experience: July 2018
Agnes M, Owner at Umoja Motherland Tours Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Hello Pierre thank you very for traveling with us and we are happy we made your dream trip a reality.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

This fantastic company created a tailor made package to meet all my ‘must do’ activities in Uganda plus added on extras to get a full experience of what was on offer.

Agnes and her team are highly experienced and professional tour guides. Nothing is an issue with everything arranged to the finest details enabling the traveller to kick back and enjoy everything!!

At all times Agnes and her staff make sure you are wrapped in comfort, security, culture and adventure. Best of all Agnes demonstrated supreme professionalism and integrity making sure that wants were matched with realism.

This amazing once in a lifetime adventure was magnificent. Starting as strangers and leaving as friends. Thank you!!

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank KiwiLisa2018

Hello Lisa,traveling with you was amazing we laughed as we were enjoying the tour and nothing beats such memories. Thank you for traveling with us.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Travelling alone as a female is never easy! But Umoja Motherland Tours not only made it possible but a lifetime memory for me! I wanted to see the mountain gorillas, dive into different cultures, visit community projects and absorb the raw and natural beauty of Uganda and Rwanda. I did this all in 8 days and even climbed a volcano in the volcanos national park(Rwanda).

I absolutely loved my guide nicknamed, Jackfruit (Phenie) he was incredibly informative, open-minded and professional. I felt completely safe the entire time in Uganda with him as my road trip pilot. We laughed non stop, ate a lot and listened to local music throughout our journey.

I truly had a magical time in Uganda and Rwanda and It would not have been possible without Agnes and her team at Umoja Motherland Tours. I will most certainly be back as there is far more to see in East Africa and so pleased to hear that Agnes can assist me all the way...no matter what or where the adventure lies next!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank TraceTraveler

Hello Trace we are humble by such amazing words from your heart. Thank you for choosing Umoja Motherland tours.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Umoja delivered on all promises and expectations. I have to note that they are always on time and flexible to the traveler's needs.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Colleen W

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Agnes and her team were very professional, organized, and most importantly punctual. I was there for work and they kept us on time everywhere we went, with a smile! This company was knowledgeable about every part of the country and even from the airport to the hotel pointed out interesting facts along the way. I would definitely choose them again - but next time, I hope, is for vacation!

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Bradley L

Thank you Brad we are waiting to take you for the Gorillas lol