Nexus Resorts Hotel
US$57
US$157
US$128
Jumia Travel
All reviewsfood was absolutely amazingbig roomclean roomsstayed for nightsa great place to stayhotel is locatedsecurityugandahousekeepinglaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

A pleasant experience staying here. People are friendly and engaging, rooms are clean, security is top notch, willing to help as they are concerned about your well being as a person, one finds it hard to find a problem. And a special note to Mandela Cosmos, one of the security guards, a pleasant, respectable and jolly person. I recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2014

A wonderful place to stay with good management and the place is organized. This hotel needs some more space to expand. The food is good and affordable. It has good security and I would encourage people from all corners to pay a visit.

Room Tip: The best place to be for better services. The rooms are very clean and affordable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 days, and my only regret was not staying longer. When i arrived i was greeted by friendly, kind, and caring staff. It is rare that i stay at a hotel and miss the staff when l check out. I wanted to personally say thank you to everyone there, but of course it did not happen. Thanks to the big smiles crew at the front desk. The classy waiter and waitresses at the lounge / eating area. A big smile and extra thank you to the ladies that cleaned my clothes, and made me smile with their kindness. I also would like to thank the owners and management for creating a great staff, and for the variety , quality and prices of the rooms, and the food. I miss those well prepared meals too. Thanks again, and see you next year.
Kennedy Britton

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Two of us stayed here for 6 nights
The rooms were pleasant and clean. A safe place to stay. This would have been the worst service I have ever experienced. I got so tired of waiting for my breakfast I went to the kitchen to find out why only to see kitchen staff eating their breakfast, could not care less. I spend 30 minutes talking to manager about customer service to no avail. Of the 12-15 meals I ordered I only ever got 3, the rest I cancelled after waiting an hour. In the end I bought bananas to eat, I just gave up waiting.... what a joke!
I went to reception at approx 7.00am looking for assistance only to find the desk clerk under a blanket asleep.
The only real activity I noticed was when a soccer match was televised, the staff ran themselves out serving beers to the soccer fans.
Not on my list to go to the Nexus again!
In fact we use the nexus as a ufimisim for poor service

• Stayed: December 2012
brianndahura, General Manager at Nexus Resorts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Nexus Resorts Hotel Uganda, highly values all guest comments/ reviews as they provide us with an opportunity to offer a better service to our guests.

Our records confirm that the reviewer stayed at our hotel in December 2012.
We appreciate his complements on our accommodation facilities and we once again sincerely regret the unpleasant experience he had with respect to the delayed meals and the incident when he found the front desk clerk asleep.

We would like to assure our esteemed guests that management takes immediate appropriate action whenever a complaint is raised /received and provides a feedback to the affected guest promptly. In this case, the Hotel Manager attended to the reviewer’s complaint immediately and also took positively the counsel given by the reviewer about customer care.

We would like to give a general clarification to our esteemed guests: Our MENU is A la’cartel, whereby all meals including breakfast are prepared after a guest places a food order and the meal is served between 5 – 20 minutes after placing the order, depending on the nature of the meal ordered. If a meal takes longer than the prescribed time, the guest is advised in advance before the order is confirmed.

We would encourage the reviewer to visit us again, whenever in Kampala, Uganda

Thank you!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I along with my colleague had visited Kampala for business in September 2013. Before our arrival in Entebee, I had logged on to this site to book accommodation. The good reviews & value for money made me choose Nexus Resorts Hotel. We stayed for 4 nights (weekend included).

The staff were very friendly, food was very very good (big portions)and the rooms were clean comfortable ( the weather in Uganda is very nice).

Pros - Excellent staff members - Receptionists, Waiting Staff, Chefs, Housekeeping, Value for money, good delicious food, good selection of booze & wines, lively restaurant during weekends (live football matches being screened till late), security etc. My laptop wifi became faulty, but the Manager was kind enough to lend me her 'Orange USB Dongle' whenever I needed to go online.

Cons - Distance from Kampala City (traffic is terrible), water pressure in bathroom, TV signal quality.

Verdict - I highly recommend Nexus Resort Hotel to everybody as the stay was not only nice & comfortable, but I will remember it for a long time as I made many friends........and looking forward to returning back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business