Free cancellation until 28/07
Royal Suites(Kampala)
US$196
US$146
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$201
US$55
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$775
US$258
US$269
Arcadia Suites(Kampala)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$165
US$160
All reviewslake victoriagolf coursedirt roadpro shopcitadel restaurantentebbe airportthe main hotelbusiness conferenceswimming poolrooms are beautifulgreat roominternet connectivitya la carte menuconference facilitieslobby arearooms are bigtennis courts
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely loved it here. It is quite a lush resort. It is actually a gated community with some residents, a golf course, marina, pool, tennis courts, basketball courts, etc. As our travel agency booked this, I didn’t really know what to expect, but it was perfect. The place is well manicured, the service is exceptional and everyone is so friendly. The one downside, is it is so exclusive that if you wanted to connect with the local culture you actually have to leave the resort. Generally when I travel, I prefer getting out and meeting locals, and eating at local restaurants and walking around the city. But it just so happened we were tired from traveling, and we are about to go trek gorillas, so it was a perfect respite to just relax, enjoy the pool and spa, and recharge ourselves.

Stayed: June 2018
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear msa23_2000

I most sincerely thank you for choosing Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa despite it being a bit far from the local community and the city. I am sorry to note that you were not able to connect to the locals and eat their food due to limited time: we would have arranged for you a city/local tour at a fee. Thank you too for sparing valuable time to share your experiences with us giving us feedback that positively lifted our spirits.

I am glad you had an exceptional service, you relaxed and had an amazing time at the pool. I would like to assure you of our continued commitment to strive and offer a relaxed and comfortable stay whenever you are here. We not only offer accommodation, but rather an experience with splendid memories.

Thank you once again for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the resort.

Kind regards
Frankline Nyakundi

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at the Lake Victoria Serena Golf and Resort for a humanitarian project during the month of November 2017. What followed was such a bizarre and disturbing experience for me and my colleague Perla, that for many it would seem like a figment of my imagination. But the conclusive video footage which I made for the entire incident corroborates my story and lends credence to it.

During the week of November 22, 2017, my colleague Perla and I were at Uganda for delivering water filters to the local kids and stayed for that duration at Lake Victoria Serena Resort. The baffling series of events started when I was trying to checkout from the hotel. First, the Serena General Manager, Mr. Simon handed me a bill with an amount which far exceeded the actual cost I should have paid for my stay. I was at the hotel from 15th Nov 2017 to 22nd Nov 2017, for which I was charged $390 per night. However, for the Deluxe/ Executive room in which I stayed, the hotel should have charged around $220 per night, as per their official website. To add salt to the injury, I realized that the $2000 that I had paid in advance to the hotel, had been used by someone else without me being notified.

All this took a turn from terrible to crazy when Mr. Simon asked me to pay for a bill in the name of Mr. Ambrose (whose services I had availed during my visit to Uganda) for the duration of 21st Oct 2017 to 2nd Nov 2017. First of all, I was not even staying at the hotel during that duration but was instead being inducted into the Washington Huskies Hall of Fame.

What's more, it seemed that Mr. John Wambi, another Serena hotel manager, was an accomplice in this whole scam as his name was on the bill. This meant that Mr. Ambrose was authorized by the hotel staff, including Mr. Wambi, to freely use the services of the hotel and run up the charges against me. Another discrepancy that I identified was that as per Ambrose ’s bill, he was charged $200 per night for his stay in the same rooms for which I was charged $390.

While I was dealing with this situation at the checkout, my colleague Perla rushed to the lobby looking harried and in need of urgent medical attention. It turned out that she had contracted food poisoning from eating rotten fish prepared by a chef from the hotel, a charge to which the hotel personnel also agreed. Rather than being allowed to help her, I was compelled to speak to a Police officer called by the hotel staff and seeing this chance; the Serena staff whisked Perla away in a van. The entire scene has been caught on an iPhone of a Ugandan citizen who can be heard saying “this is Kidnapping.”

I was desperate to check on Perla, but the staff forced me to stay until I paid off all the extra bills. These bills were neither in my name nor for the date when I stayed in the hotel, but since I had to meet Perla, I agreed to pay for all of them.

So, in the end, I was extorted out of more than $6000 from the Serena staff and hadn’t I paid it all, I wouldn’t have been allowed to go and check on Perla.

While the staff members were swindling me, Perla was facing her own peril, all thanks to Serena hotel again. Not only did the staff kidnap her, but they also threatened her on the way saying that she would be dragged to prison if she didn’t shut up and go with them. They assaulted her several times when she tried to escape, which can even be seen in the video I made as the van can be seen pulling over many times. Here is also where they got the proof of her food poisoning.

When Perla somehow managed to message me informing about her dire situation, I was not only forced to stay put and pay the entire amount (which seemed more like a ransom) but was also offered no help from Mr.Simon to whom I had shown the message. I have made three hours of video footage to act as evidence for all my maltreatment. It can be vividly seen in that video that I was yelling and pleading with the hotel staff for help while Mr. Simon continued ignoring me.

Even some of the Korean tourists who were present at that time might have observed this whole drama that was unfolding before us.

The climax to the whole ordeal happened after I paid the total ransom amount and the chef, whose food had made Perla sick, happened to run into Mr. Simon and me. Expecting to see some action taken against him, I was again disappointed when Mr. Simon refused to say or do anything. To top it all, the chef even had the guts to ask if Perla would join them for lunch or dinner.

Till date neither have I received any of my money back, nor any apology for the misery me and Perla suffered at the hands of the Serena staff. For a long time Perla suffered from severe symptoms of food poisoning, including bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting, but still she received no apology or compensation for the all the tribulations she went through.

All I can say that what happened to us is what nightmares are made up of and I wouldn't wish any of it on anyone.

I, for one, would have never expected to use ‘Lake Victoria Serena Resort’ in the same sentence with words like ‘Kidnapping,’ ‘Extortion,’ ‘Scam’ and ‘Unlawful detention.’ But my experience at the hotel has taught me that even five-star resorts are partaking in the crimes that are inundating across various sectors in Uganda

My goal of writing this review is not just to seek justice for Perla and me, but also to warn all the visitors, especially those traveling from Korea and Guatemala, that if Serena resort could scam me, you could very well be their next victim.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank BOB_THE_BEAST_SAPP
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This by far is the best hotel i have ever visited. The gardens are lush, beautiful and well maintained. The rooms are clean, spacious with comfortable beds. The a la carte menu was excellent with great selection of indian cuisine and the spa was incredible. This is a must visit again

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for three nights (not all consecutive) in June for work. I was traveling with my charity and some of our top donors. This hotel was the perfect stop for our first few nights in Uganda. We traveled here from the airport and it was quite a long drive, but totally worth it. This hotel is a tranquil getaway from the hustle and bustle of either Entebbe or Kampala. It has spacious rooms and peaceful grounds, including a nine hole golf course and a boathouse. I didn't use the pool, but it looked beautiful.
The restaurants are varied and great. The breakfast was a buffet, but the chef could prepare most anything you'd like. The front of house staff were attentive and helpful and we enjoyed our stay immensely.
My colleagues and guests loved the spa and enjoyed massages and using the gym on a rainy afternoon. I shopped at the cute little shop and enjoyed walking in the grounds. We took a boat trip and found it very interesting.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear ScotsCouple024

Please accept my apologies for the delay in reverting back to you on your recent visit with us.

I most sincerely thank you for choosing to stay at Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa and sparing valuable time to share your experiences with us giving us a detailed and constructive feedback.

I am glad to note that you had an amazing time during your stay, the staff were attentive and helpful, the boat cruise was interesting, and you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. Your beautiful comments have greatly motivated and taught us not take guest service for granted. I would like to assure you of our continuous commitment in ensuring that you always have a relaxed and comfortable stay with us.

Thank you once again for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to the resort.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Lovely, serene and calm environment with a beautiful view of Lake Victoria.
The architecture is lovely with amazing gardens and plants and a peaceful marina. Has a golf course too although I did not go to it.
Breakfast fare was the same all the days I was there and the breakfast service was not good at all. Lunch and dinner options were plentiful and good and the service was also good too.
Reception and Concierge service was excellent. Wireless was excellent.
Had a conference there and was not too impressed with the conference facilities.
Don't pick a room near the swimming pool over the weekend. There was music playing till midnight.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Zee T,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding back in regards to your recent visit.

I most sincerely thank you for choosing to stay at Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa and sparing your valuable time to share your experiences with us giving us a detailed and constructive feedback. Your beautiful comments have greatly motivated and taught us not take guest service for granted. It is the small things that matter most.

I am glad to note that we were able to exceed your expectations in terms of architectural design, amazing gardens, plants, lunch and dinner options and an excellent wireless and service you received from reception and concierge. I have also taken note of the feedback regarding the breakfast food and service being bad, unimpressive conference facilities and playing music till late. Management has taken note of these lapses and shall promptly take corrective measures towards improvement of facilities and service levels in these areas. We assure you of our commitment towards service delivery that exceeds our clients' expectations.

Thank you once again for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Kind Regards