“Good food, needs renovation”
Review of Le Petit Bistro

Le Petit Bistro
Ranked #57 of 301 Restaurants in Kampala
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Le Petit Bistro is a nice and cozy little restaurant along Ggaba road (very and always trafficked). It has its own parking space which is excellent.

The Bistro does need some minor renovations internally (a simple coat of paint would do to make it look cleaner). The cushions on the wooden chairs are usually dirty, need washing and or replacement. The Food is good but takes time. If you are in a hurry or you are hungry then you should avoid the Bistro. Last Time I was there I had a Nile Perch carpaccio as an appetizer and a T-bone steak as the main course. Both delicious and I would recommend them. Also other friends had the onion soup as an appetizer and loved it.

We were the only ones at the Bistro that evening and service was good, even though still we had to wait quite a lot for the first ordered items to arrive. Staffs are cordial and always available. This gave us the chance to have a nice chat while sipping wine and or beer. Overall I have enjoyed the Bistro, but it does need some renovations and speed to take it to another level.

1  Thank Ayo78

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Le Petit Bistro is one of the longer standing restaurants in Kampala. Run by the lovely Stella, who often still graces the place it is renowned as one of the best steak houses in town.

The two items I recommend any traveler trying is the French Onion soup and Steak done which ever way you like it. The only warning is if you don't like garlic steer clear of the salad dressing. Otherwise it is a real treat.

My advise also go early as late the staff can get tired and quality can drop.

The seating is by one of the busiest roads in Kampala, but has it's own parking which makes things easier, just watch the traffic on the way out!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

The food's good. Love the beef steak with mash but the waiting time is way too long. I don't especially think much to the location as it is right next to a very busy road in Kansanga and the staff are hopeless if Im allowed to say that. On two occasions, they have even forgotten my order and prefer to just sit there doing...hhmmm... NOTHING!!
Although friendly, they just don't seem to know what their job is and they can be really frustrating turning a good evening into another typical evening where you have to argue with the waiter because they just dont make sense or they seem like they don't care whether you eat there or not.
Typical:
Do you have a sprite? No.
Can you get me one? No. Do you want coke?
No thanks.
30 minutes later, there comes a sprite.

I would like to have dips for starters.
10 minutes later- Thats ok but we dont have any carrots or cucumber.
But they have them at R.K (literally across the street)
But thats not where we buy.
Oh never mind

15 minutes later, a plate of cucumber, carrots and spring onions shows up.

Sometimes I think they have it but just dont want to work.

1  Thank Perfect B
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This restaurant has not kept up compared to what it was a few years ago. Had a roesti and it was dripping in oil and my friend had a steak smothered in white sauce-ugh. The spring rolls are still good with a nice sauce. Even though we were in the non smoking area we were inundated with smoke.

1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed 9 April 2013

A nice and quiet restaurant. Service is good and very friendly. I loved the steak and the whole Telapia fish grill. The price of the food is very reasonable compared to the service. A true value for money.