“Beautiful view of Kampala”

7 Hills Revolving Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 286 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: International, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: I mentioned this restaurant in my review of Golf Course Hotel, but feel that it should have its own separate review since it is a very high-quality establishment with one very unique feature: it revolves.
South Africa
“Beautiful view of Kampala”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Lovely sunset and above average service. Pleasant staff and they really go out of their way to provide good service.

The food was just ok though. Did not particularly enjoy the soup/sauce poured over the meat. Perhaps if the quantity was smaller it would have been better.

Had challenges with POS device though. This seems to be across Kampala not just this restaurant. Eventually had to add my bill to my hotel account.

• Visited December 2013

“Wonderful Experience. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The experience was quite something. The service was excellent and the food was better than I expected. A good place for a date with your Significant Other.

1 Thank Timothy G
Kampala, Uganda
“very great view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

for traveller, i think its a must, to visit.
.the view over kampala is really great.
,the food is ok,also the service
but you can find a better food for this amount,
thats just sick to pay this prices

• Visited November 2013
dares salaam
“Poor Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Perhaps most discomforting for me was my experience at the Revolving Restaurant at the hotel. On one of the evenings during my stay at the Hotel I went to have a drink at this restaurant while awaiting the arrival of two colleagues for dinner - my colleagues were apparently caught in one of Kampala's well-known rush-hour traffic jams. The manager of the restaurant (John Chalo) approached me and recommended that I have my drinks downstairs at the Banda - since (according to him) his was a classy restaurant and not a place for drinks only. Quite flabbergasted by the restaurant manager’s statement - when my colleagues did eventually arrive I decided to go elsewhere. Fortunately Kampala has a number of wonderful unpretentious places very close-by where one can have a meal in very conducive circumstances and at the same time experience the true friendliness of Ugandan hospitality.
I hope General Manager Amos Otieno will be able to spare other guests similar such treatment. If entry to the Revolving Restaurant is truly so restricted – then there should be clear signage to this effect well positioned at the elevators and at the entrance of the restaurant and then perhaps other guests can be spared being shepherded by the likes of John Chalo to the rather wet Bandas downstairs. It will also certainly not be misplaced if restaurant manager John Chalo is strongly encouraged to spend some time attending basic management and client courtesy 101 training. Perhaps he may then start to understand that true classiness needs substance and external validity and is not something that can be self-proclaimed.
For me on my next 5-day visit to Kampala (in a few weeks time) - I am strongly inclined to spend my $1,100 USD for accommodation somewhere else more conducive and less pretentious.

Visited October 2013
Pretoria, South Africa
“A must for Kampala”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

They only open for dinner around sunset, so we got there early and had a drink watching the fading light over the bustling city and golf course. The fillet steak was particularly good and the service was friendly.

• Visited June 2013