“Excellent service in the pearl of Africa”

Afrique Suites Hotel
Ranked #58 of 97 Hotels in Kampala
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service in the pearl of Africa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

The hotel is perfect for business travllers!
I have not been to such a wonderfu place where i can actually relax, unwind, and do business at the same time. There is no noise pollution at all! i was given an executive suite and everything was perfect.
i spent most of my days doing business, but actually it was the most relaxing business trip i was on in years. there is hustle free internet which is fast. and by my experience in some hotels in uganda, this is not the case. this one is an exception!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank faith g
Afrique H, Manager at Afrique Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed our rooms and services.

It is our aim to provide a consistently high quality experience for each guest that stays with us.

Our best wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed at Afrique Hotel in March of this year (2013) and enjoyed the stay.
It is family owned which gives it a personal touch with a lovely local couple and their team.
I booked an ensuite studio with a living room and kitchen so I could work as well as live in the space. It was huge and could fit a family easily.
The rooms were all very clean and well maintained with housekeeping on hand at any time of day and night with was reassuring.
The food was mainly local dishes that I wanted to taste and since they were made from scratch they did take some time to be delivered to my room which at first was a worry but I began to book the meals a little earlier in advance which made for smooth service.
My washing was delivered promptly on a daily basis an ths staff were very friendly.
The best aspect for me and other quests that I spoke to was the view.
Having visited Uganda often over the last eight years I know it is a rare site overlooking the city as far as the he can see.
All is all I can highly recommend this lovely Gem in Kampala for its value for money, atmosphere and location. I will be booking in again next month when I travel back for a project.

Room Tip: The second floor and above are the most quiet away from the reception area. The rooms overlooking th...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nan S

Seville, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. Set on a hillside in the Kampala suburb of Mutungo Afrique has a fantastic panoramic view of the city from just about anywhere in the complex.
I booked a self-contained studio which was almost too spacious, pleasantly designed, well equipped, clean modern and airy.
The terrace restaurant was my favourite spot, breezy and again, the incredible views over Kampala. Wireless internet is available to guests. When I used it room service was prompt and the food adequate.
A fully equipped gym, spa and swimming pool will soon be operational and this will no doubt increase rates.
Fantastic value for money, I could barely believe the price. Why pay the earth for a cramped over-priced hotel room in the better known establishments when one can get a spacious, clean modern, private self-contained, serviced studio room at four-star level for a fraction of the price. I will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended for short, long term stay and for individuals or families.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family