“Best hotel in Kampala”

Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort
Ranked #1 of 105 Hotels in Kampala
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Last week on 12/07/2014 I had the distinct pleasure of visiting this superb hotel for my clients. My stay was absolutely perfect. From the kind, courteous, and professional staff, to the meticulous, comfortable rooms and common areas, the exercise facility, the business center, and the spa/sauna area-Vickie was superb, my experience was nothing less than exceptional. Bahati Arthur (in-house staff) is a person you want to meet at any top class hotel. He is a person with a great sense of humor and made me and other tour operators to explore all what the hotel has to offer plus amazing horse ride. Thank you so much for the hospitality and surely, we promise business. Say hello to Singh (Front Office Manager) for the warm welcome as well. Can't wait to come back for a cold beer!! I highly recommend anyone visiting Kampala to stay at this hotel and price is pocket friendly!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
greg-generalmanager, General Manager at Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Both Bahati and Singh are assets to our hotel and we value your recognition of their efforts. We will continue to strive for service excellence and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We are very satisfied. Good relation between service and price. Hotel is clean, comfortable, has a good location. Last year we were been into the same hotel and we were satisfied too. That's the reason because we decided to choose Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort hotel again.

Service is fantastic, nice ambience and conference facility is awesome. Tired !! go to poolside and just another world mix with spiced cocktail..conference Service manager was very courteous.. in one sentence Asset to the management.. thanks again and thanks again...will visit again someday and sometime... keep it up and bye...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank afzalshariff786
greg-generalmanager, General Manager at Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I first tried to book this through tripadvisor. It wouldn't finish the booking so I couldn't. Set me off with a bit of an attitude to the place.
BUT: I have been before so I persevered. I turned up, explained my problem and what a wonderful reception team. The lady who served me (Jackie?) was polite, friendly and helpful. She got me a better deal than the tripadvisor one and then 10% discount and weekend meal vouchers on top. Wonderful, upgraded to a suite as I was there for a week.
The room was good, well laid out and had a large sitting room with a kitchen. All hunky Dory. Internet into the room by cable, my comp doesn't accept that. Had to go and stit in tyhe reception area to still not do my emails! Truly the internet was worse than not fit for purpose and in this case nothing was done, it took the IT guy 15 minutes to get here and I still couldn't download a single email. Crap! Lost a star there.
So why did they lose two?
Breakfast! That's why.
First impressions of the Breakfast buffet are awesome. But, how hard is it to choose ripe fruit? Bitter Mango, Pineapple. The pastry section need to be taught how to cook a croissant, Lots of niggly stuff like that. Detracted from the whole and let them down.
The grounds are superb, take a walk. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: If you need internet, buy a Dongle.If you are a walk in discounts and extras can be had.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
greg-generalmanager, General Manager at Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words, compliments and for raising your concerns. I would like to assure you that we are addressing the internet issue, in that, we are looking at a long term permanent solution.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

When you travel to new destination,you always have a doubt about the selection of the hotel & I must say my selection couldn't have been better. Though my flight was late, the driver from hotel was patience enough to wait for me. My check in was perfect, didn't take much time & I was properly guided to my room.The room had all necessary amenities & housekeeping staffs during my stay was very polite & helpful.The hotel is massive, I took some time to explore,there is a amazing swimming pool facing the Lake Victoria. All important facilities like room service, gym,spa available. Commonwealth Resort goes an extra mile to impress their guest, I am allergic to gluten & the hotel have taken special care of me & made special dietary. Thank you to every one who made my stay to memorable. Will surely recommend.

Room Tip: Room on top floor has better veiw
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderfully kind words and compliments. We will certainly continue to strive for service excellence.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I had been to kampala for a conference wherein i got a chance to stay at this resort.
Believe me in this resort nature is at its best. Spread over approx 90 acres nd beside the lake victoria makes u feel like heaven.

The courteous behaviour nd unmatched service adds more beauty to this resort.

The welness centre at this resort makes u feel relax nd stress free.

The dining s also very good. Especially the restaurant ninjaya which s in the lake terrace. The food s amazing nd u won't mind licking ur fingers.

The rooms r fantastic. I felt its a resort for every common man.

Really had a wonderful time in this resort nd would b a pleasure to b there again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank nishanidhi
greg-generalmanager, General Manager at Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words and compliments, we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were looking for a place where we could stay for a week as our house required some maintenance. Thanks to one of our colleague who recommended Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort. At Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort we never missed our home in 6 days. First of all the place is so huge that you can easily spend few days as there are so many activities to do.
Entire staff at the resort is very polite and helpful; upon check in we were received by a smiling lady who also informed us of the weekend special package which we found very attractive as it includes almost everything at a very reasonable price. We luckily got 3 days on weekend package which reduced our expenses. The manager at reception was very helpful to get us a lake view room which has a perfect view of Lake Victoria and Jetty. The room was well maintained. The only issue to raise here is that you have to pay 100% payment in advance for your room as well as deposit for extras at check in, which however is ok as they give you the best services.
The food at Nyanja restaurant is so superb…… the chef met us personally as we had some special dietary requirement for our son. The service staff was always smiling and ready to assist. I personally loved the spa and made use of it several times during our stay; however had to pay cash every time as they say they can’t charge it to the room account.
Our son really loved horseback riding and boating; luckily it was part of room rates on weekends so we did not have to pay anything extra for it. Reception staff arranged a property round for us on Golf Cart which was amazing.
On Sunday we enjoyed the Lake Grill restaurant which is right at shores of the lake and has a wonderful view it really attracts huge crowd, we were surprised to see so many people coming to this restaurant. The landscape is absolutely perfect; the gardens are well maintained, many people come to play football here.
The biggest drawback we realized was the internet being very slow, since we were on holidays it did not affect us much, but still it will be better if Internet could be improved.
Many thanks to the munyonyo staff and Management, they really work hard to maintain such a huge and beautiful property with best services in and around Kampala.
We wish to come back soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
greg-generalmanager, General Manager at Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words of appreciation, we will continue to strive for service excellence and look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

beautiful hotel set in its own gardens with private beach and marina. lake trips and horse riding available. had lunch her, quite reasonable and A VERY NICE BREAK from the city. you can hire a horse at a very reasonable rate a or just sit at the lake and watch the bird life

Room Tip: great place to visit if the noise and dust of Kampala is too much. Get a taxi down and haggle for pr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank socoBelfast
AkhileshMalik, Manager at Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest ,

Greetings !!

Thank you for your kind words of compliments. We value your feedback and strive for service excellence. Looking forward to welcome you back to resort.

Warm Regards