“Good Food”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: "Biryani House" specializes in elevating the dining experience of customers by tantalizing their taste buds with mouth watering cuisines such as "DUM BIRYANI" which is century old recipe, taking more than two hours to prepare along with grilled Tandoor chicken offered with Asian fusion curries and evergreen Garlic Naan served with seasons best starters. All these healthy cuisines coupled with our new Bar , sheesha and Happy hour makes it a great place for Singles, Couples, Group , family as well as Corporates.
“Good Food”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had a solo visit about two weeks back, being a weekday in the afternoon it was a bit quite. AS the name of the place suggests I ordered for a Biryani and I must admit it was good enough for me to get back there the preceding week to try their curries. Being born and brought up in India and travelling around many places I can say that I was pretty pleased on both occasions and standard of food good enough. The service staff was attentive enough and took care to find out if everything OK,

Would be back!!

• Visited March 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best Biryanis I have ever tasted!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A lot of people seem unaware of this place to my surprise! I have been to every Indian restaurant in kampala and this by far seems to be a winner for me by all yardsticks! The food has the original flavour and the dum biryani is the best I have so far eaten in all of africa. The chefs too are very friendly and you can request them to take your order with all the specifics if you are a fussy eater! The management also seems to be super active in implementing the suggestions of the guests. The ice cream which wasn't available last week was there when i went the next time! I have visited this place Thrice every week during my stay here! A good selection of wine and alcohol is also available! A winner for me by all means. Biryani house is our group's best hang out and we wish them luck!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Niy0mi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, tasty food”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Held a dinner of 150 people at Biryani house. The management and staff were really great and helped in setting up everything. We had a wide menu to choose from and got a really great deal for tasty Indian food. The Biryani is great!

Many of my guests promised to try it out more--they were impressed. Thanks Biryani.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Simon G
Kampala, Uganda
“First time to feel cheated by Tripadvisor”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Well this was number 1 on tripadvisor for quite some time so I felt a visit was necessary. I'm not sure how it made it to number 1.lol
I've been to every other top 10 restaurant on the Kampala list and this doesn't belong here. We were very disappointed in the quality of the food. Other indian restaurants such as Khana Khazana, Haandi, Nawab, Phaze 2 and Open House are all better.
Sorry to burst the bubble but I believe a reality check is required, the staff are great, the food not so much. Was very interested to have Chicken Biriyani served with peanut sauce, I guess theres a first for everything. The sauce was nice but the biriyani itself was disappointing.

• Visited November 2013
“Best Indian food I've had in a long time”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Each dish had a wonderful, unique flavour, the staff were attentive, ordering take aways was easy. Just a brilliant place to come and eat some spicy curries.
My favourite dishes were the chicken 65 and the palak paneer.

• Visited February 2014