“Fun and Friendly”

Kampala Boda Boda City Tours
Ranked #21 of 150 Tours in Kampala
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Truly capture the spirit of Kampala. Explore bustling markets, historic sites and learn about culture of the capital of the Pearl of Africa. Ricky and his experienced guides will personalise your tour to visit the highlights of the city of the city you choose including the Gaddafi Mosque, Bahai Temple, Kabaka’s Palace to mention a few!
Dubai
“Fun and Friendly”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Great day spent with Ricky - fun , insightful and honest.. would recommend him to any one any day. You hear alot about Boda Boda tours but my experience with the tour with Ricky and the company was faultless..

make sure you start off early to see all the sites..

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Kareem F

Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Ricky is a great guide to Kampala. He is a safe and reliable Boda operator. I only wanted a half day tour and he flexed the itinerary to suit. He was also really helpful in getting money changed and a SIM card and recommended some great restaurants/bars- he became a great friend. He can also arrange transfers to Entebbe and trips to the chimp sanctuary. I highly recommend Ricky's Boda Boda tours

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Louise N
Kampala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great day spent in Kampala with great guides”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Ricky and his guides are very knowledgeable about Kampala sites and Ugandan history and are excellent boda drivers! I lived in Kampala for nine months and regularly called Ricky and James for day to day boda rides. They are very trustworthy and fun guys. So when my dad and my sister came over to visit me, a Kampala Boda Boda City Tour was a no brainer. Ricky took us to many sites that I had not visited and provided new insight to the ones that I had. At the end of the tour, Ricky even helped us track down my sister's lost luggage and got us to the KLM office minutes before they closed. Overall, a great experience that I would recommend to anyone in Kampala.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Lauren H
Kampala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best way to see Kampala in a few hours”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Even if you've lived in Kampala for years and years, you are guaranteed to learn new things from Ricky and the other guys at Kampala Boda Boda City Tours. If you're only in Kampala for a week or less, this is an absolute must. Ricky and the other guides will shuttle you around Kampala to all the major sites: the Gadaffi Mosque, Bahai Temple, Ugandan Parliament, Namirembe Cathedral, and the UNESCO World Heritage sites associated with the Buganda Kingdom. They'll give you a brief history of Buganda and can chat about contemporary culture and politics. They are also super knowledgeable about Kampala: the best bars, restaurants, craft markets, etc.

Like anything in Uganda, it's all about connections and KBBCT is a great "connector" to the rest of the Uganda. And if you're "fearing" the motorcycle, no worries, these guys can show you around in a car as well. Unfortunately, some of us just don't have the patience to sit in Kampala traffic, so you can always just borrow a helmet from Ricky and jump on the back of a boda. Tugende!

Visited September 2012
3 Thank bklos90
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Best in the city!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

When I moved to Kampala for the summer, friends recommended Ricky and James to me as two safe, reliable boda drivers. After only a month, I would count the both of them as great Ugandan friends. Ricky's boda tour has been one of the funnest things I've done in Kampala. In just one day, I was able to see many sites and landmarks in Kampala that I wouldn't have visited otherwise. Ricky's a well-known guy and had friends at each site who told us about the history and cultural importance of each place we visited. Ricky himself was also extremely knowledgable about each place. While on the tour, you can also enjoy the local Ugandan food, fruits, and craft markets. All in all, I can now recommend Ricky and James as not only the best boda drivers I know in Kampala but also the best tour guides!

Visited July 2013