Free cancellation until 28/07
US$169
Hotel Acacia(Kampala)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$773
All reviewsindian restaurantrock gardenkhyber passoldest hotelthe heart of the citypleasant staydecent hotelcentral kampalaspecial thanksrooms are cleanbusiness tripvisit kampalaeast africahome away from homepizzeriaugandagm
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

It was a Thursday night when I hang up and I woke along Speke road when I pop into to have a dinner. When I was having a drink from Rock bar I saw a interested smoke I inquire from the waiter then I joined the water mouth lovely cooking which I involved to spice my vegetables and choice of meat which was prepared in front of me by the chef who knew what he was doing. I think when I will be in Kampala I have to invites my friends so they can have cooking fun

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Bhupendrakumar, General Manager at Speke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Mr. Ali,

Greetings from Speke Hotel Kampala.
Thank you so much for your feedback received by us further to your visit at Speke Hotel for Mongolian dinner.

I have shared your positive sentiments with all my colleagues at the hotel and the entire team looks forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance at any time.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Aa an African, I love exploring the history of my continent. Speke was the first hotel in Kampala and has tons of charm.

The rooms are big, some with colonial verandahs. And the hotel is central to everything you need.

Good restaurant, though waiters could do with a bit of training.

The black African front desk are good but Indian expats I found surly and unhelpful.

A fine place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the disco.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Bhupendrakumar, General Manager at Speke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Mr. Geoff,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share this wonderful feedback and for recommending Speke Hotel!

We are honored that you had an enjoyable event. Speke Hotel offers an unforgettable experience to all our guests’ . Your kind words of appreciation about our staff and food are very encouraging. The same has been shared with them and they are extremely grateful and pleased. I have taken a serious note on your comment regarding expat staff.

Thank you again for making us your hospitality partner. We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Today I visited to just have look for friends that are coming from USA. Was denied entry because I had my dog with me on a leash very well behaved . Was told no dogs allowed. We won't be spending a dime there nor will any of my dog loving friends and I hope any dog loving people who read this.

Stayed: August 2017

Dear Mr. Serriachico,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is disheartening to know that you didn’t have a good time at Speke Hotel.

Sir as per our hotel’s policy, pets are now allowed.

We look forward you to give us a second chance and experience our facilities and services in near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stayed at Speke Hotel during my Visit to Kampala towards end on Jun. The hotel location is great for business travelers. Leave the location aside and there is a lot to improve. The room that i was put in is the non renovated one and was not comfortable at all. The room door looked like anybody can break it with a little nudge. The safebox in the room was as if any body can open it with bare hands. No The bathroom it took ages for hot water to flow from the shower. The toiletries that they provide are minimal. After complaining to the GM, they changed my room to one of the renovated ones. And after renovation also to my surprise the bathroom door could not be locked from inside. This room was great but the issue with the bathroom door nullified the overall experience. Seems the Housekeeping staff is not bothered with the proper upkeep of the Hotel. The breakfast was OK kind. Quite manageable. Can be better. However the food at the restaurants is good. They have Gym, but it is 5 min walking distance from the Hotel. Overall great Hotel for Location but nothing much to talk about other than that. The tariff seems pricey considering the overall look and feel of the hotel and the kind of service they are providing.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Pulkit K

Dear Mr. Pulkit,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is disheartening to know that we did not meet your expectations in regard of facilities and amenities.

At present the renovation of the hotel is in progress. I have shared your feedback with all my entire team at the hotel. Your comments are taken into serious notes.
We wish to assure you that what you experienced is not typical of the usual high standards that we always endeavor to deliver.

We look forward you to give us a second chance and experience the difference in facilities and services in near future.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2017

With rooms in the opposite end of the hotel from the nightclub we had a nice an quiet night. The hotel has a lot of atmosphere with its collonial style. Furthermore it offers a choise of three restaurants and a nightclub.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Soeren

Greetings from Speke Hotel!

Thank you so much for your feedback received by us further to your stay at Speke Hotel Kampala.
We are honored that you had an enjoyable event. Your kind words of appreciation about our hotel have been shared with the entire team. They are extremely grateful and pleased.

We look forward to welcome you again soon.