“I went for a whisky dinner and will be back for a holiday.”

Ranked #2 of 101 Hotels in Kampala
Cape Town
“I went for a whisky dinner and will be back for a holiday.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I've been very luck as I've stayed at some excellent properties wearing my hat as an independent whisky presenter. I've never seen such slick work at a dinner, where 100 guests at a black tie event enjoyed superb service, top class cuisine and top drawer hospitality. The staff are friendly, efficient & professional. The hotel clearly prides itself on catering to the needs of everyone, from business leaders to the casual holiday makers. The many guests I spoke to on Friday night said the Serena was their first choice for meetings, casual dinners and special events. What a pleasure to stay at this fine property, for a dinner celebrating Johnnie Walker Blue Label Whisky and the partnership with Alfred Dunhill. Contact me @bernardgwhisky or bernard@waterfrontwhisky.com

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Bernard,

It was indeed a great pleasure to have you as our mentor during our Johnny Walker Black Tie dinner at the Pearl of Africa Restaurant.

We do hope that we will be privileged to have another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Kampala Serena Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
Cape Town
Reviewed 13 November 2013

After a year of spending time in West African Hotels like the horrible Novatel Ghi Conakry, I found myself in Kampala, Serena Hotel. The hotel is a breath of fresh air, It looks great, the service is great, the restaurants and bar are great.. i loved the breakfast buffet, such wide variety. It is also close to the mall and business places. Around weekends it can get noisy as there might be events happening.. All in all, this hotel changed my perspective.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Thutomoloi,

Thank you for sparing valuable time to write this very positive review about your “Kampala Serena Experience”. We truly! appreciate your feedback and are very delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I do look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Kampala and assure you of our continuous commitment to always make your stay with us the most relaxed and a comfortable.

Anthony Chege.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Serena is, quite simply, a stunning hotel. It is expensive, when compared with others in Kampala, but the rooms are truly excellent and the service is superb. Food is well prepared and the lunchtime buffet, in particular, is first class. Wifi is good. Showers are powerful. Be prepared for a high level of security checking - and rest well, assured that the Serena staff really do care for your welfare.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JCCMLondon
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Mr. JCCMLondon

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Kampala Serena Hotel as your preferred place of residence during your resent visit to Kampala.

We are delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you had an amazing time. I assure you of our continuous commitment to always make your stay with us the most relaxed and a comfortable

I thank you once again for taking time to leave a very positive comment and I do look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Kampala.

Kind Regards

Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Kampala Serena is definetely the best hotle in Kampala and probably one of the best in Africa.

Pros:
- Security. Be prepared for a couple of security checks before you get in the hotel.
- Decoration is classy
- Excellent service - Friendly staff
- Food is really good
- Spa

Cons:
- Noisy aircondition in the room

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andreas D
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Mr. Andreas,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to leave a positive comment.

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

I am glad to note that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. I would like to assure you that we have taken note of the air conditioning issue and Management will take immediate corrective action.

I thank you once again for your patronage of our hotel and I do look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Kampala.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Kampala Serena is one of my favorite hotels in Africa! From the pickup at the airport, to the rooms, the gym and the restaurants, everything about this hotel is excellent. The gym is actually one of the best I've seen on the continent. The rooms are top quality, and the three restaurants are impeccable! From the moment you enter the building, you already realize that this place is in a league of its own. Also, just like at all other Serena Hotels, the staff are almost excessively service minded.

Room Tip: Always make sure you get a room facing the garden.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Håvar B
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Mr. Bauck,

We are very humbled by your AMAZING! rating and glad that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us.

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment and we assure you of our continuous commitment to always make your stay with us the most relaxed and a comfortable.

USA
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I frequently travel to various African nations on business and have a pretty good read on reasonable expectations of the African hotel scene. The Serena Kampala surpasses most of my expectations. Arrival was a smooth experience, from the airport pick-up, to a friendly and efficient check-in. I was shown to a nice room with a good view. It was fairly close to the elevator but I was never bothered by hallway noise. The bathroom was spacious and stocked with high end amenities. During my 10 day stay I tried all the restaurants and room service. I recommend you pay a bit more to eat at the "Pearl of Africa"--it was a worthy indulgence and I was treated like royalty despite being a single diner. The fitness area makes for a great workout and pool area is very nice as well. Unlike many hotels, it's a bit tucked away from the main areas, and while it has bar, you don't have hundreds of people stare at you if you take a dip.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank traveltheworldusa
Our esteemed guest,

Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a wedding in this hotel all I can say its a very fantastic place to be. I loved their garden with a themed river through it, and the plants they incorporated. The hotel looks great and executive, if looks are anything to go by this hotel is super luxury, rich. The atmosphere is wonderfully enjoyable and very relaxing.
The food was perfect and we all had our full, I love their deco. The staff were warm friendly and polite

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Uganda-Trek
Our esteemed guest,

We are very humbled by your AMAZING! rating and glad that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent wedding celebration.

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment and i assure you of our continuous commitment to always make your visit or stay with us most relaxed and a comfortable.

I thank you once again and I do look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Kampala.