Banda Inns
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$184
US$72
US$171
US$159
Agoda.com
All reviewsb btank hillfree laundrybeautiful gardenthree weekshome away from homeclothes washingpower supplylaundry servicegreat place to stayrooms are spacious and cleanyogurtinteresting peoplebusy kampalawalking distancevisit kampalahot water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My hubbie and I recently stayed here at the start and finish of 2 weeks of visiting family. It was absolutely the best place to chill out at both ends of our hols. The rooms are lovely, the water plentiful and the breakfast the best anywhere in Uganda. It's also a great place to meet other travellers,have a chat on the veranda and exchange information. The location is super for getting into the city easily and we really appreciated the pick up very late at night from Entebbe. Steven and his staff go out of their way to be accommodating and it really did feel like we were staying in a family environment. This is THE place to stay if you're in Kampala, forget faceless hotels and engage with Ugandan hospitality in a unique setting.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WoobyBird
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Memorable experience. tranquil, lovely gardens and friendly staff and the food was great! within easy easy access to restaurants, forex bureau and other small shops.

i visited Uganda from Malawi in March, 2013. Banda Inns provided a relaxed atmosphere for me after an intensive day at work or upon return from a few days field trip outside kampala.food was freshly cooked by friendly staff not forgetting the fresh fruit juice!

when i wanted to eat out i would easily access restaurants within a few minutes walking distance with colleagues. During weekends i would walk in the neighbourhood and later did some work if needed, on the pattio overlooking their beautiful gardens. Public transport, forex bureau and other small shops are also within minutes' walk.

Their free wifi provided excellent signal and i was able to easily access emails and skype call my friends and family back home.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Beatrice G
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Spent several nights recently at Banda Inns. We had two rooms in the main area of the guesthouse. Rooms were clean but were hot at night - the ceiling fans in both rooms gave very little relief at night. I suspect that the newer addition to Banda has more modern and better ventilated rooms. Bathrooms were decent, the one room with self contained bath did have a leaky shower and the toilet backed up (toilet was taken care of right away). I would stay there again but would specifically ask for a room in the new addition. (ours did not look anything like the photos posted by a previous guest). We only had breakfast there and it was decent, eggs fixed to order, nice selections of fruits and bread.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer addition.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2013

2 nights at this little haven in Kampala was not enough. It's in a peaceful suburb location with friendly staff and great facilities - clean rooms, seating area with TV, great wifi signal, and the best breakfast I had during my 2 weeks in Uganda in a lovely garden setting. I stayed in one of the rooms with shared bathroom and was so pleased with the large, spotlessly clean bathroom. I am not sure how many rooms share this bathroom but I imagine not many, I certainly never had to wait. And after losing my luggage I desperately needed some laundry done - it was taken at 10am and returned to me at 4pm all washed and dried that very same day. My only regret was not staying there for longer!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2013

my husband and I spent two weeks in kampala and banda inss was a perfect place for our holiday; excellent value for money, comfortable and beautiful gardens! the only thing I was missing were baked beans for breakfast

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple