“Banda Inns, home base in Kampala”
Review of Banda Inns

Banda Inns
Ranked #1 of 195 Kampala B&B and Inns
Lelystad, Netherlands
“Banda Inns, home base in Kampala”
Reviewed 23 August 2007

Lelystad, 23-8 2007
Sylvia, Judith & Hans Buis

Because my wife-to-be and me wanted to visit family and friends in Uganda, we looked for a base to start from.
After many ideas about hotels in the areas my girl knows in Kampala we spotted Banda Inns on the internet. The friendly and cosy charisma made us book Banda Inns.
This friendly and cosy charisma came true the day Steven Tamale (the owner) was at Entebbe airport to bring me to Banda Inns. His warm and open approach of people and matters give you the feeling to come home instead of coming to a hotel for your holiday.
This feeling keeps growing when you meet the staff and with every day you stay at Banda Inns.
It doesn’t matter who, Rose, Janet, Steven, Morris or James, they all are making your stay as pleasant as can be.

When you look for a perfect place to stay, location and accommodation, than Banda Inns is the place to be. Both, the “old” and “new”’ rooms are comfortable, clean and well furnished. Worth mentioning are the mosquito nets they use. I knew the old round ones. Here they are square, so they surround your bed like a set of curtains (like the curtains of a four-poster). Comfortable and very effective.

So don’t hesitate and stay at Banda Inns when you visit Kampala. I know we will the next time we come to Uganda.

Sylvia, Judith & Hans

• Liked — The friendly and cosy charisma
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank Hanzeman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Vienna
Reviewed 6 August 2007

I stayed at Banda Inns with my three children for two weeks this July, and I can strongly recommend it to those who want to get away from the plastic, generic-type hotel, and would rather prefer a friendly, homely atmosphere. Steven, the owner runs a very efficient establishment. He has a very calm manner, and was extremely sensitive to our needs. Indeed, he often went out of his way to make sure that we were happy and comfortable, and at times, even dropped what he was doing in order to assist us - all of which made the place very special. The two ladies carrying out the daily household tasks, Rose and Janet, were wonderful and were always cheerful. Rose, has to win the Smile of the Year Award, in our view! Banda Inns is set in a beautiful garden, and it was a treat to sit out on the veranda surrounded by the amazing flora. Breakfasts were a real treat, ranging from fully cooked to continental, including freshly pressed orange and passion fruit juices. Orders were taken the evening before, which saved a lot of time in the mornings. It was always Service with a Smile! The large sitting room was a great place to relax in the evenings, whether to read, watch TV, or just to have a chat with the other guests or with Steven and his staff. Whilst there, extensive building works were taking place to extend the premises, and we were fortunate to receive the honour of "christening" two of the four new rooms half way through our stay. They are certainly value-added for the establishment, although the older rooms are also very pleasant, with each bed bearing a mosquito net. Our stay at Banda Inns was certainly memorable, and I will not hesitate to return there in the future. To Steve, Rose, Janet, Maria and Peter - a huge thank you from the Haas family!

• Liked — Personal atmosphere
  • Disliked — building extension works taking place at the time
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelsVienna
oslo
Reviewed 26 July 2007

A group of students of Oslo International School and myself had the pleasure to live in Banda Inns for 13 days. We<were in Kampala doing some voluntary work. We couldn't have found a better place to live. We occupaid the whole house. It was not room for more guestsn and I think that helped us to feel completly at home.
Steven Tamale was a great host, and helped us all the time. His very relaxing personality and kindness made our stay in Banda unforgettable.
I have to mentioned Rose and Jannet, the two lovely ladies who work at Banda. They dis an excellent job, and they were very professional. Breakfast and dinners were not only delicious but on time, something not very easy to get in Kampala. THey were always smiling and ready to please us all the time. My students were very happy and learned a lot from these two African women.
For us it was a great experience and I am sure I am writing on be
half of my students and Kikki, the other teacher who was there with me.
I would highly recommended this place tpo any person who want to live in peaceful, beautiful with a verey relaxing atmosphere and with a very competent staff.

Tita Alonso
Teacher of Oslo International School
Norway.

• Liked — The friendlly atmosphere and the host
  • Disliked — nothing in particulary
  • Stayed June 2007
1 Thank Soloslo
Oslo
Reviewed 23 May 2007

I have been several times in Uganda with different lodging experiences and this is one of my best unforgetable experience, relaxing combined with homely feeling. Rose representing a valueble member of the team, both as mothercare taking and wonderful cook of Ugandan dishes. This place is highly recommanded and thanks to Steven Tamale for his hosipitality.

• Liked — The atmosphere and African hosipitality
  • Disliked — Late evenning door openning
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank shido
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 18 April 2007

The Banda Inn is an OUTSTANDING Bed and Breakfast located in Kampala. Steven Tamale, the Innkeeper, is a friendly and earnest host who truly strives to make your stay enjoyable and relaxing. Over the weekend, he hosted a BBQ for us (group of 4), our friends who were staying at other accommodations, and his friends where we enjoyed chicken, goat, and a roaring campfire! Rose and Janet prepare delicious Ugandan/African as well as traditional US/European meals, and they are happy to learn new recipes to add to their culinary repertoire. The full breakfast (eggs – made any style, sausage, bacon, pancakes/crepes, toast, yogurt, fruit, freshly squeezed juice, coffee, and tea) is a wonderful start to the day. FREE wireless internet access, satellite TV, and daily complimentary laundry services are significant bonuses. The Inn is perfect for groups traveling together and the garden, veranda, living room, and dining room are all ideal for relaxing, working, or socializing. If you seek a pleasant atmosphere that truly feels more like a home than a business, the Banda Inn is for you! I highly recommend it, and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
vietnam
Reviewed 28 March 2007

I have wonderful memories of my stay at Banda Inns.
The rooms are simple but comfortable and cleaned, there is a terrasse overlooking a luxuriant garden where birds sing in the trees. Ideally located, this guest house is at 10 min by car from the center of Kampala. Above all, it is the smile and generosity of Rose, the hostess, that I will remember most. She goes out of a way to ensure that you have a pleasant stay. Not to mention her delicious cooking!

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank LolaVietnam
Reviewed 18 March 2007

...but even though i`ve been thinking about it for a few days now, i still havent managed to come up with any negative feedback worth mentioning. we simply loved our stay at banda inns!
it was clean, spacious and relaxing, which was very nice to return to each night. the dinners served there were very tasteful, and the staff very welcoming and helpful. the information/service provided by the owner was excellent and meant a great deal for our stay in Uganda.
highly recommendable!