“Overpriced and without customer attention”
Review of Reed Mat Lodge

and 1 more site!
Reed Mat Lodge
Ranked #17 of 107 Speciality Lodging in Lusaka
Oviedo, Spain
“Overpriced and without customer attention”
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Had to cancel part of my stay due to change of plans and although I told them in advance they asked me to pay one full extra day!!?? Not even following their own regulations of 25% deposit. No possible to argue with them. Only interested in the money and not in giving customer service or make a reasonable agreement. I was about to leave paying only my 2 days stay and no extra day but didn't want to keep arguing, it was very annoying. Rooms very small, hot water takes 10 min to come in. Breakfast is literally instant coffee and a toast. Definitely overpriced. Do not understand how is recommended in some prestigious guidebooks. The incident is enough not to recommend it but on top of it is not value for money.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kent
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Hello,
My group of 18 and Myself stayed at Reed Mat Lodge for 8 days. I am not sure what the person above is referring to, the Manager and the Staff were very friendly and helpful.
The charge for the rooms are flat rate, but we were well-informed by the Staff upon arrival any additional usage of other Lodge facilities such as the internet & extra food will of course cost something as it would be anywhere else. Overall the service was excellent, the food was freshly prepared and on time. We spread across most of the rooms, and they were maintained everyday, and were very clean. Our laundry was ready on time, and sheets and comforters were changed daily to my surprise. I would definately recommend staying at Reed Mat and I'll be there in a few months again with a smaller non-profit group. Though we were a large group we each received personal attention to many needs especially being in Africa for the first time.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank globalneeds
Lilongwe
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I cannot agree with what my predecessor wrote about Reed Mat Lodge. Although we stayed there only one night, we found the service reliable, the rooms spotlessly clean - and the bedshets and towels fresh. The chalet featured AC and a TV. Bathroom/shower was a tad small, but fair enough. Clean surroundings, nice layout, child-friendly. Easy airport access. Recommendable. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sundowner74
Western Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Booked by email. Arrived on morning flight from London. Too tired to change. Stayed one night only, checked out the next morning with delight. Price quoted for one night was 240,000 Kwacha. What I was actually charged was over 400,000 Kwacha. Breakfast was not included in the price, neither was water - had to ask for water for the room, Internet was charged at 9 British Pounds for 24 hours! (I only connected twice briefly with my laptop from the reception area - as the connection was non-existent in the room, and then it kept disconnecting in reception). I refused to pay 9 Pounds for the Internet on check out and the heavy manager got very heavy, it was verging on getting very nasty indeed. She eventually reduced it to 5 Pounds! No Fridge in the room, TV very small and poor reception. No fan in room - had to ask for one. Bed sheets stale and smelt musty. Curtains did not close fully so anyone can look inside room. Totally overpriced for what is nothing more than a few sheds in a garden. Staff very nice (I pity them) - shame about their boss.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank kalgoorlie

Travellers are raving about these Lusaka hotels