“Great place to eat with great people”
Review of Gerritz - CLOSED

Gerritz
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone +260-97856040; Fax +260-255682 email: gerritz@microlink.zm
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Gerritz and Siri are great people and serve very good food. I have often eaten here and often use their catering service for parties or functions. they do it all and well.

The place is unique, charming and not your typical high end place. Un pretentious but great. The host couple are great, lovely people with big hearts. Pony tail (that's him) and red hair (her).

you can come for business, friends meeting, with kids.. all welcome and accomodated. we have often used it for watching football on his big screen (which you'll not notice until then).

did i mention that the food is nice.

There are newer reviews for Gerritz

Reviewed 2 September 2012

You certainly feel like you have stepped out of Lusaka in the well kept gardens and metropolitan atmosphere. Great menu, good food and the service with a smile!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Being a Guest at Gerritz quiet often I went up and down the Menue still looking for something that is not great.
Excellent Kitchen, food presentation, service.
Great venue to come on a Sunday with Kids or also take Friends out for Dinner.
For me definately best in town, can only get better if German Beer would be served!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I really enjoyed Gerritz,  and but not just because of the food, but also because the owners are a riot and made us feel very welcome. My colleagues and I went here for a lunch, and we were the only diners there. Usually being the only party in a restaurant makes me feel a bit awkward, but the owners came out and greeted us and we joked and had fun. There were dogs running around the place, and they even brought around a baby monkey. A baby monkey is an automatic +1 stars! (just kidding!)

I ordered the fried Camembert...which was excellent. And the chicken schnitzel reminded me of real German schnitzel. The pork schnitzel that someone else ordered was HUGE (and good).

However, I was a bit surprised by how much of the menu is NOT focused on German food. There is only two pages for German food, the rest is for random French (duck à l'orange) or Lebanese food. I didn't order any of the non-German food on the menu, but others in my party did and it wasn't great. The hummus was very watery and my colleague sent it back. The bread that came with the hummus was very oily.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Gerritz for the German food And the atmosphere, just stick to the German food!

1  Thank jg325
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Oh what a surprise!! Romantic place with juicy foods,fresh.Service was good but parking was a challenge