“Very Interesting Afternoon”
Review of Lusaka Experience

Lusaka Experience
Ranked #1 of 1 Tours in Lusaka
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We spent a very interesting and informative afternoon with Ephraim walking around the Garden Compound. The tour took c3 hours, we were picked up and dropped back at our accommodation in Lusaka, all very efficient. We walked through the compound with Ephraim providing a running commentary of daily life, history of the area and showing you some of the projects that are being run to help the local children etc. Its good to see how the people of Lusaka live compared to the UK and whilst some of the living conditions are poor, all the people had a smile and were happy to chat.Ephraim took us into a local bar where we sampled the local beer-very cheap but not for me !!! I would thoroughly recommend this interesting tour run by some enterprising young men who are keen to share their lives with visitors.

1  Thank Jeffcafc

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Lusaka Experience is a great way of getting to know parts of the city that you may not stumble upon as a tourist. With Felix as our local guide me and my friends and family got a personalized tour in Garden Compound where we learned a lot about Lusaka's history, geography and the living conditions and way of life of Zambians. Felix was very friendly, easy-going and knowledgeable and made sure we got to interact with the people living there. I highly recommend the tour to anyone visiting Lusaka!

2  Thank Maria R
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Me and my friends went with Felix (local guide) to Garden Compund. He told us about life in Garden and in Zambia and he was very patient with all our questions. I was a bit worried beforehand that it would feel weird walking around and looking on people living there lives, but I didn't had to be. It was very relaxed and many people wanted to talk to us or just wave and say hi. We walked around for maybe 2-3 hours and got a good chance to interact with the people living there. When we were done Felix brought us to a local restaurant close-by for lunch and the food was great! Taking the Luska experience tour is a must for anyone wisiting Lusaka!

2  Thank Emlia T
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I recently had a wonderful visit to Zambia, staying in Lusaka and visiting Livingstone (tourist capital). I stayed at Maramba River Lodge in Livingstone,, definitely recommended, excellent accommodation and restaurant. Plenty of game to be seen, including over 50 Elephants, 2 resident hippo's wallowing in the river which is situated just below the pool deck. The deck has a lovely bar,good pool and very relaxing. Crocs were spotted in the river. Many varieties of birds and only a short distance from the Falls.

2  Thank Noreen555
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I recently did this tour. We had an excellent local guide in Ephraim and he did a great job of showing us Garden Compound. The great thing is this is where he lives and he was able to give us a great deal of information about what life is like living in the Compound. We ate lunch in the compound, it was corn meal mush, fish, goat, and cabbage. It was really good!! We got to meet several members of the community and see what life is really like for the majority of the people who live in Lusaka. A great tour worth the money you pay for it.

3  Thank Michael M