Southern Sun Ridgeway
US$165
Orbitz.com
Natwange Backpackers(Lusaka)(Great Value!)
US$40
All reviewsweaver birdsbaby crocodilessmall crocodilesmeet and greetbusiness tripsmall gymbuffet dinnerenjoyed my stayplace to staybusiness hotelairport shuttleother hotelsexcellent hotelreception staffan oasispleasant stayrooms are clean
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed at the Southern Sun Ridgeway Hotel in Lusaka for many years and have enjoyed every stay.
That is the good news!
The bad news is that my last trip, last week, was somewhat of a disaster. From the moment I checked in I felt that my custom was taken for granted and at USD 230 per night, I really feel that one should be treated like a 5 Star VIP customer at all times.
Maybe it was due to the Public holiday???
The hotel is great though as a business venue. It has a tranquill homely feel to it with beautiful pool area, including great gym. Lovely restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner as well as a great bar for relaxation.
I will certainly recommend this venue but keep an eye on the USD rate compared to the SS Stay Easy and other hotels in Lusaka.
Still the best option for 2014.
Kind Regards, Eugene.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eugene V
Reviewed 15 March 2014

It's a good choice at around $130 for a standard room (UN rate, I believe). Overall pleasant and responsive service in restaurant, bar, reception, business centre and room service. Nice big breakfast included with all you could want. Food and beverages overall are quite good. Better WiFi than I expected which was quite adequate for my business purposes. Fairly quiet and peaceful in room 143.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

A very pleasant stay, made even better by the warm and friendly hotel staff. The pond in the breakfast room/restaurant with bright yellow birds flying back and forth to their nests during breakfast is well worth the experience. Clean, comfortable, good connectivity and a nice, tranquil atmosphere all round.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I am very satisfied with the service I received during my stay at the Southern Sun Hotel Lusaka. The room was spotless: clean, well aired, welcoming.
The staff was very helpful, attentive and polite.
In general, I had a very pleasant stay at the Southern Sun Hotel Lusaka.
Albert T.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel while on business more than once. It is comfortable, serves good food, offers a good ambiance, and the weekly sessions where guests get together offer a huge networking opportunities and a different form of dining. There is a community of business travellers during the week and the place can be very busy. The staff is helpful and organised a shuttle to take us to the airport in the morning, and were willing to go the extra mile. I would stay here again. It is closer to a number of companies, clean and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business