“Most welcoming and friendly hotel in Lusaka”

Southern Sun Ridgeway
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Lusaka
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed at Ridgeway for two weeks and was treated so well. The hotel staff are really friendly and well trained (especially the restaurant staff) and except for a hiccup on my check-in , my stay was thoroughly enjoyable. The General Manager shows great interest in all guests and is always on hand to ensure your every need is taken care of.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Marius N, Manager at Southern Sun Ridgeway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Southern Sun Ridgeway , we appreciate your feedback very much.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us , and your kind comments will be shared with all our members of staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lusaka.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Southern Sun Ridgeway. I was there late July to early August, I must say I was pleasantly surprised buy the cleanliness, the quality of food and efficient service. I was in Lusaka on business and if ever I travel there again, I am definitely coming back. The gym and pool are great amenities that complemented my stay, the free wi-fi was also great. I simply loved my stay, Keep it up.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Marius N, Manager at Southern Sun Ridgeway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

We appreciate your kind comments regarding the service experienced during your stay with us , and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lusaka.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at the Ridgeway for only 3 nights and found it be be perfectly suited for a short business stay. Have previously stayed at a few other similar hotels in neighboring countries and this more than matches up in terms of service, facilities, in house restaurant and so on. Beautiful courtyard by the restaurant, actually more of an enclosed pond, with birds, fish and a couple of small crocodiles!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us , an we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lusaka.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stopped in at the hotel for breakfast on the way to a business meeting just before the kitchen was meant to close. The chefs and waitrons happily kept all stations open until we completed our meal. The hotel itself from what I could see is clean and well kept. I loved the outside breakfast patio wrapped around a big pond filled with lillies and reeds and a number of beautiful chirping weaver birds building their nests amongst them. Very pretty and serene. While the service and surroundings were great, the food left a lot to be desired. No fresh fruit juice for breakfast? Cordials and concentrates? Terrible. Thin yoghurts packed with garish artificial colourants? Awful. Greasy sausages and bacon? Ghastly. What I can definitely vouch for though is the beautifully fresh cut fruit and the obviously quality filter cofffee. Unlikely that I'll go back again.

Room Tip: You may not want to choose rooms overlooking the pond and restaurant/ breakfast area as it tends to...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

I am glad that you enjoyed the surroundings and the service during your breakfast visit , and please accept my apologies for the sub standard food that was experienced during breakfast. Your comments have been shared with our chef , and we will ensure that we improve on the offering.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've used this hotel for business in the past but had not expected to see such a decline in standards given the price and increased competition. The hotel is at best, tired - musty smelling, room carpets old & stained, furniture unchanged from inception. Zambian service is normally friendly & efficient. Here, it was anything but. I ordered dinner from the restaurant which took forever and a steak ordered rare was closer to charcoal. When I told the waiter that the sauce was incorrect, he dipped his finger in it to taste & confirm that it was indeed the wrong one! The breakfast was passable but for $250, it was overpriced. At best, this is a $120 hotel. I'll stay at the Radisson next time!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Marius N, Manager at Southern Sun Ridgeway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Please accept my apologies for the poor level of service experienced , your comments are seen in an extremely serious light , and I can assure you that the necessary corrective measures will be taken to address these issues. These are certainly not the standards that we hold ourselves to.

It is always good to receive both positive and negative feedback as these allow us to address our guests concerns.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Have visited this hotel several times over the years and appreciate the consistency of high service and the ongoing efforts to improve the facility. The staff members are courteous and eager to respond to guest needs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lusaka

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The last week of my stay I noticed that I had bugs in my hotel room - namely ants and cockroaches. I informed the front desk of that fact, but the insecticide was only sprayed on that day that I reported the bugs. I know this because that evening when I came back I could still smell it but the other days I didn't. On my last day at the hotel, I woke up to a cockroach crawling on my face and back!!!
I was very disappointed because up to that point I had really enjoyed my stay, but I'm sorry, if you have roaches in your rooms that means the hotel is not clean; that's the only thing that attracts cockroaches. My organization does regular trips to Zambia and thus the Southern Sun regularly throughout the year, and I can't say that I'd recommend your hotel to anyone. I certainly wouldn't want to stay in a place where bugs were freely crawling around my room and on my bed!

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Marius N, Manager at Southern Sun Ridgeway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for the incident with the insects in your room , we have a pest control program , and our public areas and rooms are treated on a regular basis. After your comments though , we will be doubling the amount of treatments.

I can assure you the problem will be addressed.