Southern Sun Ridgeway
  • Pool
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsweaver birdsbaby crocodilessmall crocodilesmeet and greetbusiness tripsmall gymenjoyed my staybusiness hotelplace to stayairport shuttleother hotelsan oasisexcellent hotelreception staffpleasant stayrooms are cleanpond
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed at Ridgeway for two weeks and was treated so well. The hotel staff are really friendly and well trained (especially the restaurant staff) and except for a hiccup on my check-in , my stay was thoroughly enjoyable. The General Manager shows great interest in all guests and is always on hand to ensure your every need is taken care of.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Marius N, Manager at Southern Sun Ridgeway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Southern Sun Ridgeway , we appreciate your feedback very much.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us , and your kind comments will be shared with all our members of staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lusaka.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Southern Sun Ridgeway. I was there late July to early August, I must say I was pleasantly surprised buy the cleanliness, the quality of food and efficient service. I was in Lusaka on business and if ever I travel there again, I am definitely coming back. The gym and pool are great amenities that complemented my stay, the free wi-fi was also great. I simply loved my stay, Keep it up.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Marius N, Manager at Southern Sun Ridgeway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

We appreciate your kind comments regarding the service experienced during your stay with us , and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lusaka.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at the Ridgeway for only 3 nights and found it be be perfectly suited for a short business stay. Have previously stayed at a few other similar hotels in neighboring countries and this more than matches up in terms of service, facilities, in house restaurant and so on. Beautiful courtyard by the restaurant, actually more of an enclosed pond, with birds, fish and a couple of small crocodiles!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us , an we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lusaka.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stopped in at the hotel for breakfast on the way to a business meeting just before the kitchen was meant to close. The chefs and waitrons happily kept all stations open until we completed our meal. The hotel itself from what I could see is clean and well kept. I loved the outside breakfast patio wrapped around a big pond filled with lillies and reeds and a number of beautiful chirping weaver birds building their nests amongst them. Very pretty and serene. While the service and surroundings were great, the food left a lot to be desired. No fresh fruit juice for breakfast? Cordials and concentrates? Terrible. Thin yoghurts packed with garish artificial colourants? Awful. Greasy sausages and bacon? Ghastly. What I can definitely vouch for though is the beautifully fresh cut fruit and the obviously quality filter cofffee. Unlikely that I'll go back again.

Room Tip: You may not want to choose rooms overlooking the pond and restaurant/ breakfast area as it tends to be a fair bit noisy and busy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

I am glad that you enjoyed the surroundings and the service during your breakfast visit , and please accept my apologies for the sub standard food that was experienced during breakfast. Your comments have been shared with our chef , and we will ensure that we improve on the offering.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've used this hotel for business in the past but had not expected to see such a decline in standards given the price and increased competition. The hotel is at best, tired - musty smelling, room carpets old & stained, furniture unchanged from inception. Zambian service is normally friendly & efficient. Here, it was anything but. I ordered dinner from the restaurant which took forever and a steak ordered rare was closer to charcoal. When I told the waiter that the sauce was incorrect, he dipped his finger in it to taste & confirm that it was indeed the wrong one! The breakfast was passable but for $250, it was overpriced. At best, this is a $120 hotel. I'll stay at the Radisson next time!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Marius N, Manager at Southern Sun Ridgeway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Please accept my apologies for the poor level of service experienced , your comments are seen in an extremely serious light , and I can assure you that the necessary corrective measures will be taken to address these issues. These are certainly not the standards that we hold ourselves to.

It is always good to receive both positive and negative feedback as these allow us to address our guests concerns.