“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Lusaka
Haifa, Israel
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed for 3 nights at the hotel during January. The hotel is very nice and as an ambassador I was upgraded on check-in. The room was big and clean, like other parts in the hotel. I also got treats in my room. My room was on the 7th floor and was on the furthers side of the hotel.
Breakfast was very good and had a large variety of different dishes; especially that one can squeeze his or hers own juice.
The hotel is 30 minutes from the airport and its location is minutes ride to the center.
The staff was very welcoming and nice. The Gym is big and has plenty of equipment.
You get a 24hr free Internet access. Unfortunately it works for only 1 device, but the connection was good and I could complete my work.
I enjoyed staying at this hotel and would defiantly stay again when I'm in Lusaka.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hiren P, General Manager at InterContinental Lusaka, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Oz999,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of your recent stay at the InterContinental Lusaka.

Your comments regarding the breakfast served in our restaurant, the hospitality of our staff and Hotel facilities is most encouraging and I shall share this with our team.

With regards to our wireless internet access availability for more than one device, this service is very much available to all our guests staying with us; I do wish you had consulted a member of staff who could have assisted in directing you to a Guest Service Agent from our Business Center or our IT Manager.

Once again, thank you for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Lusaka.

Hiren Prabhakar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel i just checked out is the worse hotel i ever been. The staff was rude and not trained to greet in the welcome manner the carpet smelly wifi never worked the worse of all are these two front desk staff Im really not sure if they are deaf or just pretending but they dont respond.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Max H,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for the unacceptable service you felt you received from our staff, this is very unusual and I truly hope and believe the reason for the display of inappropriate behaviour was unintentional. I assure you that this is not the standard behaviour our staff portray to guests. I will address this with our Front Office Management team.

Furthermore your comments with regards to internet is very disappointing as we are very much aware of the importance of internet connection to all our guests and are constantly monitoring and making improvements to provide better internet service. I am not sure if you had communicated this to a member of our staff who would have been sure to contact our IT Manager to assist you.

Again, thank you for your review as the feedback we receive from our guests, such as yourself, is very important to us as this vital information enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We hope you will have another opportunity to visit us again to experience a more pleasant, positive stay.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Lusaka is one of the most beautiful cities in Africa. Rooms on the east are facing all the beauty of the nature and city. Typical Intercontinental - Chic hotel...None other in the city come close to this one. I was there from 03 Dec to 06 Dec 2013 - third time and believe me service, rooms, ambience - all just perfect. Safari Bar reminds of the era bygone...

Being in the Diplomatic area; the place is full of all the dull diplomats all the time...!!!

Room Tip: Take the room facing front side...green lawn and the front facing is better then the other two sides...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hiren P, General Manager at InterContinental Lusaka, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear sanjivkjetly,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel and Lusaka!

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your 3 consecutive stays with us. With the choice of hospitality establishments to choose from in Lusaka, we really appreciate your loyalty.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

babgkok
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed 3 nights on my recent visit. Previous reviews posted led me to stay in this hotel but my experience was not pleasant. Room is dated and dirty shower curtain caused by mold looked disgusting. On my next visit I'll stay at Radisson Blu which is in better location.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank manatch
Dear manatch,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of your guest room bathroom.

I assure you this is not our usual standard of cleanliness. As part of the InterContinental Hotel Group we have implemented strict quality measures to ensure our rooms are cleaned to the highest standard. I have highlighted your comments to our Management team.

Again, I regret that this lack of attention to detail on cleanliness on our part has caused you to choose another hospitality establishment for your accommodation needs.

I do hope you will re-consider your choice of accomodation and allow us another opportunity to serve you as I am very confident to state again that this is not our usual standard of service.

We hope to see you soon.

Jaipur, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

The staff was helpful and clean property. The wifi in the hotel was very bad , I had visited the city for business and I was very much dependent on the internet unfortunately it was not at all good.
Also the staff is little slow in working , it took us good 15-20 minutes to check in , they could not trace the booking. But overall property is decent , they can improve on the services and staff training. Also an advice taxi called from the hotel our little expensive , one should look for taxi option outside hotel where you can save some money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hiren P, General Manager at InterContinental Lusaka, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Abhinav K,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our internet services. During this month (November 2013) our Internet Service Provider had encountered a fault on two separate occasions which had affected the internet connectivity in the hotel. I assure you we are very aware of the importance of internet for all our guests and are constantly monitoring and looking for innovative methods to enhance this service.

I have taken note of your comments regarding the slow check-in you had experienced and your reservation. I will be sure to highlight this to our management team.

With regards to your comments on the taxi fare, yes they are slightly more expensive than the other Cab services in Lusaka, however taking into account the best interest for our guests, it is important that we recommend safe, convenient, comfortable and reliable transportation as these taxi’s are registered and are available 24 hrs as they are stationed outside the hotel readily accessible to our local and international guests.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

ski
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel has what I need! Fantastic service, a top Italian restaurant, rooms with good working space, training centre, a big swimming-pool, massage and free internet. In the shopping centre they have beauty saloon and gift shops. What more do i want? Well - a professional DJ when I want to dance and a new menu in the main restaurant would have been top! I would also like to have an ATM nearby - but that is maybe not up to the hotel to decide. This is my home in Lusaka.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear KirstenUnderland,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are pleased you had a great stay!

We are looking into having an ATM installed in the hotel in the near future and we do have a professional DJ that plays music from the 80’s every Friday in our Safari Bar.

I hope the next time you stay with us you will be able to experience these services to “top” your stay!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Dunkeld, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

First time in Lusaka and I had 4 nights at the Intercon. The bed is comfortable, pillows good, airconditioning works fine. The restaurant is pretty good and the Pizzeria/Italian (Rosso) is good quality. Extensive breakfast options. I had pizzas some nights and they were excellent. One odd ting was that I requested an early morning wake up call and instead of calling they come and knock on your door, unusual these days but not an issue. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hiren P, General Manager at InterContinental Lusaka, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear gam8le,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at InterContinental Lusaka. I am delighted that you had a pleasant experience.

Your comments regarding the quality of the food served in our Food & Beverage outlets is very encouraging, particularly our new Italian Restaurant, Rosso. I will pass your compliments to our Food &Beverage team.

Regarding your wake up call, our standard procedure is to contact the guest via the guest room telephone; the only time we use the alternative method of a member of staff to knock on the guest room door is when there is no answer from the guest room telephone.

Once again, thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back.