“Taj is predictably very good”
Review of Taj Pamodzi Hotel

Taj Pamodzi Hotel
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Lusaka
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have stayed many times over the past 3-4 years at the Taj Padmozi in Lusaka. It is great. Staff great you on arrival as a "welcome home". At check in the serve you a (non alcoholic) drink. Rooms are good to very good. Service a very good to excellent. Bar area and lounge are great to conduct meetings. The restaurants are very good.. I am a very happy repeat client and recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to receive your review of Taj Pamodzi Hotel on Trip Advisor. It is only through your valuable comments and suggestions that help us to make improvements and strive further for excellence.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Pamodzi Hotel again on your next visit to Lusaka.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We flew into Lusaka and found ourselves near the back in the immigration queue and it was painfully slow. It took us some hours to get through the formalities and exit the airport and then found that the transport we had arranged with the hotel had left without us. Well, he had a few other passengers who were getting fed up so he took off without us. Fair enough but surely they know how long it takes to clear formalities why not send the transport back for us. Not a good start but we took a taxi and made our own way to the hotel.
What a lovely oasis, beautiful gardens, lovely hotel, nicely decorated and we were immediately struck by the smiling, helpful, friendly staff. Our room was comfortable, with modern décor, TV with a good selection of channels, free wireless internet throughout the hotel and the air conditioning worked very well. The bathroom was well equipped with the necessary items and we were extremely comfortable.
We had drinks in the garden which was delightful and then ate dinner in the restaurant and it was very good, as was the breakfast buffet with a very good range of dishes on offer.
We returned to the Pamodzi on our day of departure and took a room for several hours before leaving for our flight. This is African hospitality at it’s very best, we would stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Use the hotel transport to the airport, cheaper than the taxis.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fordaleDoha
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments which I most certainly will share with my team. I have taken note of your feedback regarding the airport shuttle and can assure you that the we have looked into the matter and it has since been resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Service was excellent.
They have the warmest, friendliest and most helpful staff.
The location is perfect for business travel in Zambia - the setting is serene and tranquil yet it is very close to the city centre (which is rather noisy).
My room was small but very comfortable and spotless.
They offer a variety of dining options and a wide enough variety of menu options (some tastier than others).
Business facilities were excellent.

Overall excellent service, a great stay, great value for money and fantastic location.

I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to my colleagues and friends.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Puso F
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Great fancy hotel in Lusaka, although a bit pricey, but that's Zambia... Friendly staff and decent food, clean and quiet room. BUT... we booked this hotel to conduct business at - however - the music in the lobby, bar, restaurant, lounge area was so loud we could not hear ourselves think. We asked 3 times to have the music turned down a bit and it was ignored. Also - the central reservations booking did not communicate with the local hotel so we had "fun and games" on check-out. Not. The hotel staff dealt with it courteously but were a bit clueless and we had to literally hold their hand throughout the entire process. Sadly, we won't be going back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bwade2013
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments which I most certainly will share with my team. I have taken note of your feedback regarding the music in our public areas and your booking instructions and can assure that corrective measures have been put into place to ensure that such a lapse in service can never recur.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at the Taj and I was very impressed. I booked the room on Expedia and had no problems with check-in. Room and facilities were as you would expect from a 5* hotel (gym and sauna was among the best equipped I've seen in a hotel; and lovely pool area and gardens). What really sets this hotel apart, though, is the exceptional friendliness and professionalism of the staff, who are clearly well-trained (I often find staff in African 5* hotels have the former in abundance, but often sorely lack the latter). Prices are also very competitive among the newer options in Lusaka (e.g. The Radisson Blu). Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FrequentTravellerKV
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was in Lusaka for only one night, so a limited impression of the hotel, but check in was smooth and without fuss ( booked on Hotels.com, no issue with the prepaid booking ), and the room was a good size and all functioning. Looked a little out of date, could perhaps do with a touch of renovation for the roughly usd200 per might fee?
Dinner at the restaurant was perfectly fine, really friendly service, which did impress.

Useful shuttle bus to the airport ( 30 mins, USD25 ) which leave at 05h30 in time for 07h25 flight to Johannesburg, worth booking that, same price as a local taxi.

recommended, especially if on business.

Room Tip: not a very high hotel, so views not really an option, but 3rd floor was fine.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AndySmal

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments which I most certainly will share with my team. I have taken note of your feedback regarding the room renovation and can assure that we are looking into the matter.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at the Taj on business for a week. The hotel is of a great standard and probably the best on Lusaka. Rooms are functional and breakfast is good with a wide selection. Most importantly, staff are friendly and helpful. From a location point it is reasonably convenient to the large central mall.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Macarad
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013