“Amazing Staff!”

Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Lusaka
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Lovely hotel. The rooms are spacious and the staff is extremely nice - I could not praise them enough! The hotel minibus was waiting for me at the airport even though I forgot to book my transfer, which was very thoughtful! I am looking forward to staying there again. The price is a tad too high but with high demand, low supply this is quite normal for Africa.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to receive your review of Taj Pamodzi Hotel on Trip Advisor. It is only through your valuable comments and suggestions that help us to make improvements and strive further for excellence.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Pamodzi Hotel again during your next visit to Lusaka.

General Manager | Taj Pamodzi Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a really nice hotel with efficient, friendly staff. The choice at breakfast is really excellent. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The lounge and bar is very nice. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, avoid floor 9, as this seems to take the overflow if the smoking floor...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014

Wells, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My daughter stays at this hotel whenever she comes to Lusaka on business. She recommended we stay here on our recent trip to Zambia and I was not disappointed. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable with modern amenities. Breakfast was included in the room rate and it was quite good with lots to choose from. There is a lovely pool and a nice-sized and well-equiped fitness facility. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The hotel shuttle will pick you up at the airport and take you back for a reasonable feel. Wireless is free and we had no difficulties with connecting to it and using it. It may be a bit pricy for some but it was worth it to us. I would definitely stay there again should I ever get back to Lusaka.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here for four nights and had a superb experience. The staff were excellent and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The dining choices were very good as well. We loved the gym, as it had top-quality equipment and lots of space. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Lusaka.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have stayed in other Lusaka hotels too in the past. i must say this is a very good hotel for stay. You get good food and i must say it's heaven for me as I get Indian food as well. May be service levels can improve esp in room service. Time taken seems to be higher than usual. However, on the whole i will strongly recommend this hotel....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments which I most certainly will share with my team. I have taken note of your feedback regarding the In-Room-Dining timeliness of service which we will definitely address.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Pamodzi Hotel again on your next visit to Lusaka.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms are spacious, service was very good, pool area was lovely. Let down by average food and terrible wifi. Realise that internet connectivity can be limited in Zambia, but feedback from friends who were staying elsewhere was that their wifi was fast and stable.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments which I most certainly will share with my team. I have taken note of your feedback regarding the quality of food and the internet connectivity and would like to assure you that corrective measures have been put into place in order to ensure that such a lapse does not recur.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a standard hotel with high room rates. The rate they charge you could easily stay somewhere else with the same quality of service and amenities. I walked into the hotel wearing shorts and a tshirt and was treated like a 2nd class citizen.

I did not experience 5 star service which the hotel is rated. I have received better service at other establishments.

However on the plus side the restaurant and cake shop service was great. As well as the food.

Over all this hotel is over rated and over hyped.

If you want to save money and feel comfortable choose another hotel in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments which I most certainly will share with my team. I have taken note of your feedback regarding the quality of service and would like to assure you that corrective measures have been put into place in order to ensure that such a lapse does not recur.