“Very nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Lusaka
Irwin, Pennsylvania
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The Taj was a very nice. The staff was excellent and appeared to be very concerned about what was good and what improvements could be made.

Nice pool area although the weather was cool for being in Africa. Who would have thought?

Nice breakfast buffet and restaurant was comparably good for the others nearby.

Don't forget to try the local Mosi's. Reasonably priced for a hotel bar.

All in all, a very nice experience at the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter H
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to receive your review of Taj Pamodzi Hotel on Trip Advisor. It is only through your valuable comments and suggestions that help us to make improvements and strive further for excellence.

Thank you for your positive comments which I most certainly will share with my team.

It is our pleasure to have you as our guest. In case there is anything further you may require, please do not hesitate to let us know.

General Manager | Taj Pamodzi Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Greek first
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Nice breakfast buffet and restaurant was comparably good for the others nearby.

Don't forget to try the local Mosi's. Reasonably priced for a hotel bar.

All in all, a very nice experience at the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I enjoy the homely environment in Taj Pamodzi. Service is superb. Staffs are ready to help you if anything required. Beautiful ambience and and nice rooms with all required amenities. Good and punctual airport pickup service. I am currently in the hotel.

Room Tip: Highly recommend Taj Pamodzi.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2014

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Lovely hotel. The rooms are spacious and the staff is extremely nice - I could not praise them enough! The hotel minibus was waiting for me at the airport even though I forgot to book my transfer, which was very thoughtful! I am looking forward to staying there again. The price is a tad too high but with high demand, low supply this is quite normal for Africa.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Pamodzi Hotel again during your next visit to Lusaka.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a really nice hotel with efficient, friendly staff. The choice at breakfast is really excellent. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The lounge and bar is very nice. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, avoid floor 9, as this seems to take the overflow if the smoking floor...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014

Wells, Maine
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My daughter stays at this hotel whenever she comes to Lusaka on business. She recommended we stay here on our recent trip to Zambia and I was not disappointed. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable with modern amenities. Breakfast was included in the room rate and it was quite good with lots to choose from. There is a lovely pool and a nice-sized and well-equiped fitness facility. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The hotel shuttle will pick you up at the airport and take you back for a reasonable feel. Wireless is free and we had no difficulties with connecting to it and using it. It may be a bit pricy for some but it was worth it to us. I would definitely stay there again should I ever get back to Lusaka.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sanjay S, General Manager at Taj Pamodzi Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here for four nights and had a superb experience. The staff were excellent and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The dining choices were very good as well. We loved the gym, as it had top-quality equipment and lots of space. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Lusaka.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business