“Was decent before but now falling apart”
Review of Tecla Lodge

Tecla Lodge
Ranked #49 of 119 Speciality Lodging in Lusaka
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I once visited Tecla Lodge a couple of years ago, not long after it opened. Everything worked then and you could feel that the staff and the owner did everything possible to ensure a pleasant experience for their guests. Fast track a couple of years, the wifi doesn't work which was big issue for me who was there on business. You are woken up by the other guests or any movement in the house due to the the thin walls. Their access card machine decoding did not work at times so I could not have my own access but relied on someone letting me in and out of my room which was quite irritating. As I would come and go over a couple of weeks they could not get my intermittent room bookings right and one night ended up in a room with a toilet that was not working (though to their credit they told me that was so before letting me have the room. The alternative was to share a room with my friend). The grounds could do with a general uplift especially the front near the main entrance gate as the place looks quite run-down. To the meals were pretty decent and I can't complain. Another good thing is the location, with easy access to two big shopping malls which house a variety of restaurants, banks etc. Also the rest are reasonable for Lusaka. I have seen worse for more!

Room Tip: The outside room away from the main building are better as you are likely to be disturbed then only...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Tecla had been recommended although we had been warned about lack of water. No issues, good standard of room. Clean and well maintained. Staff very friendly, Boyd was extremely helpful. Didn't get opportunity to use pool. Room upgrade on return after stay in Livingstone. Will stay on next visit to Lusaka. Serviceis god but based on local urgengy I.e. if you want swift breakfast order early.......but nothing was too much trouble and always. Worth the wait. Steaks in the evening were good along with "savannah" cider!

Room Tip: Room 7 or 9
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Lusaka hotels
InterContinental Lusaka
Cresta Golfview
#8 of 33 in Lusaka
Protea Hotel by Marriott Lusaka
Best Western Plus Lusaka Grand Hotel

Been to Tecla Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tecla Lodge

Address: Plot No. 3878 Olympia Park Junction Kwacha and Manda Hill Rd, Lusaka 10100, Zambia
Region: Zambia > Lusaka Province > Lusaka
Ranked #49 of 119 Speciality Lodging in Lusaka
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Tecla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.