“Best Outside Catering Experience!”

Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Lusaka
Reviewed 4 December 2013

To celebrate my 40th Birthday, I engaged the Radisson Blu Team to undertake the Catering on Our Game Ranch approx 40 KM outside of Lusaka (Mzimbili Game Ranch on Google)... in the middle of nowhere. Despite the challenges of the logistics of getting the Equipment Food and staff to look after some 120+ guest out there, the venue was amazing. Excellent Food (from Oysters, Lamb & Pig on the Spit to Puku and other Venison loin, Prawns fish.. you Name it, it was there) superb Ambient (everything in white, super stylish, they even arranged for These red "fat Boy" like couches to chill on), excellent Service.. just perfect!! Obviously it did cost a few pennies, but I can assure you every Cent was worth it. On this note I would personally like to thank the two Carstens (Ass. GM & Ex. Chef) and their Team for making the "Rumble in the Jungle" such a great day. Completely stress free for myself, as perfect as one could want it! Mark L. Lusaka

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
RadissonBluLusaka90, Executive Chef at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Mark,

Many thanks for taking the time out of your day to write such a kind and thoughtful review of your Outside Catering experience. As Executive Chef, I was delighted and humbled to hear that my team was able to deliver on your milestone birthday. My staff and I pride ourselves on having the ability to produce high quality experiences for our customers and to receive such positive feedback will only reinvigorate our passion to reach an even higher standard in customer satisfaction. I do hope you will use our services again soon and thank you once again for your review.

Kind Regards,

Chef Gust

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed two weeks in this Radisson blu, and I have previously stayed in other ... I had the feeling that there is something missing at all the time ... starting that every morning I had to wait to get warm water, once I would get it would become hot water and difficult to find middle ... AC does not have remote so each time you have to get up from the bed to switch on / off. AC blows directly to the bed so it was unpleasant to sleep with AC on and too hot to sleep with-ought ... there are no mosquito nets on the windows ... so can not open widows at night ... beds are moving easily so I had a feeling that they will separate any time and I might fell from the bed ... I did not noticed when and if they have changed the bedding during my stay there ... and some other small things that should not happen in a hotel of such rank and price!
Otherwise the location is excellent including the breakfast ...

Room Tip: try some other hotel and either you find some cheaper and appropriate to the price or perhaps other...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Rothbarth, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. Your views are extremely important to us. I will definitely share your message with my engineering and development teams.

The upgrade to our water treatment plant is nearly complete and water quality, temperature and energy reduction will improve significantly once this process has been completed.

I am glad that you have raised these issues, we will use them as a platform for future improvements.

I am delighted to read that you were happy with our Food and Beverage offering, which I have taken note and have forwarded your feedback to our senior F&B team.

We look forward to having you back.

See you soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here on a business trip to Lusaka. Centrally situated, stylish with really good service. Breakfast and dinner was fantastic with "curries of the world" buffet on Tuesday nights and a live band with dinner on Wednesday nights. Superb breakfast choice. Free wi-fi all around the hotel, including rooms, dining areas and foyer. Wi-fi works superbly. Rooms are elegant with a slightly retro/hip hop style with king size beds, shower and bath with jet sprays. Mini bar, safe, tv with cable (DSTV - all sport channels and multiple movie and news offering). Lots of rooms with conference facilities, a pool area with bar and gym. Good rates, with us paying $299 per night including breakfast and dinner. Only downside - finishing in rooms not great, as you can sense things coming apart slowly ( loose tiles etc.)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time out of your day to write such a thoughtful and detailed review of your stay here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka. My team and I were delighted to read that you were full of praise for our service and décor as customer satisfaction is a factor we take seriously in our work. Therefore, please also be assured that your comments regarding the loose tiles will be looked into by the relevant departments to ensure that this one off incident will not occur again. That said, I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit and my team and I look forward to seeing you again.

Nild Rothbarth

Reviewed 19 November 2013

great place,lm intending to stay again in january but my flight to lusaka arriving at 0030am,on a tuesday,on booking how does it work in terms of which day do l put as a check in date, please help thank you

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I was delighted to read that you are returning to stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka again, my team and I are always happy to see that our guests enjoyed their stay enough to come again and I hope your next visit will be even more enjoyable than the last. In regards to your questions about booking, please contact us on +260 211 368 900 and one of my staff will be more than happy to assist you. Or alternatively, contact us via reservation.lusaka@radissonblu.com

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed for a weekend at the Radisson Blu, having spent the previous weekend at the Taj Pamodzi in Rhodes Park. I prefer the location of the Radisson Blu, to the east of town (on the airport side) and just opposite the Arcades shopping centre with movies, shops and restaurants. Whilst I can understand that some reviewers did not like the minimalist post-modern style, with tiled floors etc, I personally like that look. There is an abundance of universal plug sockets in the room (a very useful touch for international travellers which avoids the need to share one or two adaptors between all your electronics!) and I liked the fact that suitcase storage is provided for 2 bags (I always wonder why double rooms only provide room to store one suitcase). The pool area is beautiful and the gym is well equipped. I found the staff to all be well trained, courteous and professional but not quite as polished as the service at the Taj, which I found exceptional. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are probably nice (I didn't have one, so can't comment with 100% certainty)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for taking the time from your day to write such a detailed and thoughtful review of your visit to Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka. Although it goes without saying that customer satisfaction is a high priority within the Hospitality Industry, as a General Manager, I was delighted to read that you would stay here again and that you found my staff to be attentive and the décor to your taste. Many thanks again, and I do hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is the best Radisson Blu i have ever tried. Very nice rooms, friendly and helpful staff, fast services, very good food - just make sure to get rid of the nasty flies off the breakfast buffet - and all was perfect. The place is opposite the arcades - a walking distance - if you'd like a choice of restaurants and shopping outlets. It is also 10 minutes walk to Mandhill shopping mall. I loved this place and had a very convenient stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank YousefOmar
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of my team here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, I would like to express my sincere gratitude for you taking the time to write such a glowing review of your recent stay with us. As a General Manager, I was delighted to read that you found my staff attentive and your overall stay enjoyable. It is through our unique "Yes I Can!" training which places a strong emphasis on guest satisfaction and so to receive such positive feedback will only reinvigorate my teams desire to better themselves.

Thanks once again for your kind words and I hope you will come and stay with us again soon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The building and the rooms are quite nice, and new, but the atmosphere is simply dead. On arrival, the place feels an upmarket motel. No complaints about cleanliness, and the rooms are well finished, but the service leaves a lot to be desired. Everything seems a bit disorganized, and people at the reception seem to have no track of bookings. When ordering room service, expect them to bring something different from what you ordered, and if you like surprises, you should definitely try their laundry (too bad for my Zegna trousers). During my previous visits to Lusaka, I have always stayed at the Taj Pamodzi, where the rooms are a bit older, but the service is excellent! At least I know where not to stay the next time!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Håvar B

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of my staff here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent experience with us. While as a General Manager, this is not the kind of feedback I like to receive, my team and I still see this as a positive opportunity to redeem ourselves in order to reach a higher standard of customer satisfaction. A factor which, it goes without saying, is infinitely important to us. Therefore, please be assured that your comments have been taken on board and I will speak with the relevant departments. I do hope this one off experience will not prevent you from staying with us in the future.

Kindest Regards,