“Very friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Lusaka
Cairo
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for two nights and the first thing that struck me was how friendly the staff was. The breakfast buffet was good but my favorite was the cosi bar seating at night while having some cashews and hot wings (very different thn the American ones but I like it!). The only downside was the bathtub as it didn't work!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us, it is much appreciated by the staff here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka.This feedback will definitely motivate my team and I, by encouraging us to aim for an even higher standard in guest satisfaction.

Please be assured that your comments regarding the bathtub will be shared with the relevant department to prevent reoccurrence

Kind regards

Nils Rothbarth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Greek first
Pta.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on a business trip. Slept well and had overall good experience. Just struggled with the wifi for first day. Breakfast very good. Room was average but very clean. Was a bit noisy at night with some guests that slam doors and were very loud, but not the hotels fault. Will stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience with us here at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka. I am pleased to know you had a pleasant stay and that you will stay with us again. Such feedback definitely motivates and encourages my team and I as it assures us that we are doing right by our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you return

Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Spent two nights there in mid-April. Although there was a sign warning about water pressure, the sign did not mention the lack of hot water. There was no hot water while I was there despite leaving it run as recommended by the front desk. I survived, but it wasn't up to the standards of the usual Radisson Blu.
This location is one of the hotels closest to the airport so if you don't have to suffer the traffic in Lusaka, it is a good location. And if traveling north, the road at the hotel leads around the outer perimeter of the downtown traffic and so makes it easier by not having to go through town.
One has to weigh the other comments I see about the hotel. It does appear modern and new but to get to the rooms at the end of the halls, there are steps every four rooms in the hall, so one has to haul one's bags up each set of steps. I was tired and my bags rolled but not up steps. Poor design. Yes, the rooms are a little darker than normal because of the bath - but I was jet lagged so that was okay. The route to the dining room is down an escalator and up an escaltor rather than a simple walk across the entry road. Nothing is a huge problem, but the little things add up when you're tired.
The staff was neither enthusiastic or helpful, and that is out of the norm from my experiences with this chain. The breakfast buffet had a good variety and the food was good. If I need a hotel close to the airport, I will probably stay here again, but if I have business downtown, I will definitely choose another place.

Room Tip: A room closer to the elevator, although not normally a good choice because of noise is actually bett...
1 Thank TAN31_11
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of my staff here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent experience with us. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and perceive it as positive, as it enables us to correct any wrongs.

Please be assured that all your comments have been taken on board and will be communicated to relevant departments in order to rectify all issues mentioned and prevent reoccurrence.

We value you as a customer and very much hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here 4 times now and really appreciate the professionalism and constant genuine smiles of the staff. When I mentioned that some printing hadn't shown up on my bill, they wouldn't let me pay (a small amount, yes, but a gesture that counted for much more), and the check out agent was happy to print my boarding pass got me before I left at 6am. I like the rooms and decor and I've never had any of the water problems that others mention. With regards to thefts-there are a lot of ground floor rooms and, in contravention of my UN security training (!) I have often stayed in them, but it is worth checking the windows as they are not always locked, which may explain issues some people have had. I am always delighted to know I am going to Lusaka so I can stay here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I was delighted to read such a kind and positive review of your experience here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka. Particularly that my team were professional and attentive, and you found may aspects of the hotel to your satisfaction.
Be assured that your feedback will definitely motivate my entire team to aim for an even higher standard in guest satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and making your next stay even more pleasant

Nils Rothbarth,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Did not stay here, stayed about 5 mins away Cresta golfview - Different review, different price bracket

This review is totally as seen from a training organiser - The Venue Manageress was totally on the ball, everything was well organized and my clients seemed very happy about the facilities etc.
Overall excellent - in this area
From what I saw - pool area very pleasant, nice bar with tasty snacks but quite expensive

Restaurant seemed to be separate from the Hotel in a different wing

• 4 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at the hotel. We are delighted to have hosted you and pleased to know that you found the service and facilities to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ukunda, Kenya
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The appearance is that of a glitzy hotel. However, appearances can be deceptive. Firstly, the design of the rooms are fundamentally flawed because the bathroom is located along the exterior wall (not along the corridor wall which is the usual design of a hotel room) and this makes the inside of the room dark because of the limited window space. Hence it is necessary to have the room lights on all day if one is working in the room. Secondly, there is no centralised hot water system. Each room has a small water heater under the washbasin which either provides boiling hot water or cold water because the tap is very sensitive (or the cold water flow is strong). Found it time consuming to get a flow of ambient temperature. Made a complaint to reception and was given the standard "engineering will sort it out" comment. Check in was cumbersome and time consuming because a deposit had already been made and it took the receptionist a while to figure this out. So was check out . My next stay in Lusaka will not be at the Radisson

1 Thank deny058
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We view any kind of feedback as positive as it allows us to ensure better service to our guests in the future.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the series of mishaps you experienced during your stay.
Please be assured that your comments have been taken on board and strategies will be implemented to prevent future reoccurrence.

I hope this one off experience does not prevent you from staying with us again during your next visit to Lusaka.

Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Recently spent a week for a business trip. The standard room was large and clean. The bathroom had both a shower and a bathtub. Bed and pillows were comfortable. However, for a recent hotel, it is already showing some issues: I had to wait several minutes for the water to get warm in the shower and some of my colleagues had no hot water at all,noisy pipes anytime I would use the shower, there were some broken or moving tiles in the room floors.. A little disappointing considering the price. The friendliness of the staff, the quality of the food and free late checkout made up for these small things. The spa is also worth noting (Swedish massage was nice and rather cheap). Overall, probably deserves four stars but difficulties with concierge desk to book tickets to Livingstone explain the lower rating.

Room Tip: Room close to gutter was noisy whenever it rained.
1 Thank Sârra B
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us, we appreciate all feedback from our guest regardless of its nature.
I am pleased to know you found the amenities and customer service provided to your satisfaction.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of the water temperatures. Your comments have been taken on board and communicated to respective departments. Furthermore solutions are being implemented to prevent reoccurrence of a similar incident.

I hope this one off experience does not prevent you from staying with us again in the near future.

We most definitely look forward to welcoming you back