“Good stay in Lusaka”

Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Lusaka
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for two nights. The room is very nice furnished and everything works. The environment is clean. I used the gym as well, which had very attentive staff. The Hotel is situated across a shopping mall. The breakfast has got everything one wishes for. I had some food at night in the bar which was also good. The service i receive was excellent, i definitely will come back again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. I am delighted to know that you had a good stay and you would stay with us again.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and further exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Finished my sixth long term stay and moving my team and myself to a new facility. Facility has location and friendly staff but is poorly managed. Let me count the issues this most recent trip.

1 once again as always I have to call corporate to get credit for the stay in their frequent customer program
2 two lights and two door locks broken for two weeks despite four discussions with front desk.
3 staying here for two years and have never met or seen the manager
4 two days to get an empty laundry bag and form to fill out. Three calls to front desk
5 laundry when picked up is the most expensive I have very seen in world wide travel
6 periodic hot water outages and constant leaking around shower
7 internet connectivity authorization which expires almost everyday again despite duscussions
8 business office frequently unstaffed and waits of up to 20 minutes for assistance.

There is more but this provides the picture on a new hotel that is not being managed or maintained. Our crew is taking our 250 total nights stayed per year and moving on.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka Team, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay; I am however grateful to you for the feedback as it gives us a chance to right any wrongs.

Please be assured that I have taken your comments on board and will liaise with senior management about the issues you have raised.

We value you as a customer and very much hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Please feel free to contact me directly during your next stay and I will gladly discuss how we can improve your future stays here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We spent one night here before we left the country! It is a great hotel. Friendly and helpful staff, Fantastic breakfast buffet and wonderful ambience! We booked online and got a fantastic discount. I will definitely stay at the Radisson Blu again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and thoughtful review on your recent stay with us. My team and I always appreciate any kind of guest feedback as this reinvigorates our passion to achieve an even higher standard of customer satisfaction. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay and you would stay with us again.

I Look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you once more for your positive comments regarding your stay.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed there for two nights and the first thing that struck me was how friendly the staff was. The breakfast buffet was good but my favorite was the cosi bar seating at night while having some cashews and hot wings (very different thn the American ones but I like it!). The only downside was the bathtub as it didn't work!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us, it is much appreciated by the staff here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka.This feedback will definitely motivate my team and I, by encouraging us to aim for an even higher standard in guest satisfaction.

Please be assured that your comments regarding the bathtub will be shared with the relevant department to prevent reoccurrence

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on a business trip. Slept well and had overall good experience. Just struggled with the wifi for first day. Breakfast very good. Room was average but very clean. Was a bit noisy at night with some guests that slam doors and were very loud, but not the hotels fault. Will stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience with us here at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka. I am pleased to know you had a pleasant stay and that you will stay with us again. Such feedback definitely motivates and encourages my team and I as it assures us that we are doing right by our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you return

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Spent two nights there in mid-April. Although there was a sign warning about water pressure, the sign did not mention the lack of hot water. There was no hot water while I was there despite leaving it run as recommended by the front desk. I survived, but it wasn't up to the standards of the usual Radisson Blu.
This location is one of the hotels closest to the airport so if you don't have to suffer the traffic in Lusaka, it is a good location. And if traveling north, the road at the hotel leads around the outer perimeter of the downtown traffic and so makes it easier by not having to go through town.
One has to weigh the other comments I see about the hotel. It does appear modern and new but to get to the rooms at the end of the halls, there are steps every four rooms in the hall, so one has to haul one's bags up each set of steps. I was tired and my bags rolled but not up steps. Poor design. Yes, the rooms are a little darker than normal because of the bath - but I was jet lagged so that was okay. The route to the dining room is down an escalator and up an escaltor rather than a simple walk across the entry road. Nothing is a huge problem, but the little things add up when you're tired.
The staff was neither enthusiastic or helpful, and that is out of the norm from my experiences with this chain. The breakfast buffet had a good variety and the food was good. If I need a hotel close to the airport, I will probably stay here again, but if I have business downtown, I will definitely choose another place.

Room Tip: A room closer to the elevator, although not normally a good choice because of noise is actually bett...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TAN31_11
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of my staff here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent experience with us. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and perceive it as positive, as it enables us to correct any wrongs.

Please be assured that all your comments have been taken on board and will be communicated to relevant departments in order to rectify all issues mentioned and prevent reoccurrence.

We value you as a customer and very much hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here 4 times now and really appreciate the professionalism and constant genuine smiles of the staff. When I mentioned that some printing hadn't shown up on my bill, they wouldn't let me pay (a small amount, yes, but a gesture that counted for much more), and the check out agent was happy to print my boarding pass got me before I left at 6am. I like the rooms and decor and I've never had any of the water problems that others mention. With regards to thefts-there are a lot of ground floor rooms and, in contravention of my UN security training (!) I have often stayed in them, but it is worth checking the windows as they are not always locked, which may explain issues some people have had. I am always delighted to know I am going to Lusaka so I can stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I was delighted to read such a kind and positive review of your experience here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka. Particularly that my team were professional and attentive, and you found may aspects of the hotel to your satisfaction.
Be assured that your feedback will definitely motivate my entire team to aim for an even higher standard in guest satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and making your next stay even more pleasant

Nils Rothbarth,