“Merci”

Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Lusaka
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Keep the standard up! Hotel well located and management up to the duty... Staff are well trained and always offer a good quality of service#! Welcome service and restaurant Featuring an outdoor pool surrounded by umbrellas and sun loungers, the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka offers spacious air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. It contains a Spa, fitness centre, a restaurant and 2 bars. Each of the rooms contain a flat-screen TV and some of the rooms have a Nespresso coffee machine. They have modern, private bathrooms with free toiletries. Every room opens out onto a balcony. A fresh breakfast is served at Restaurant Filini, which also offers international cuisine for lunch and dinner. Light snacks and cocktails can be ordered at the Filini Bar, or at the bar beside the pool. Guests can hire a bicycle or rent a car to explore the surrounding area. A tour desk and 24-hour front desk are available to help plan other activities. Free access to the fitness centre is available for guests. Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka is located only 100 metres away from the Acardes bus stop. A shuttle can be requested to Lusaka City Airport, 7.5 km away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Lusaka. On behalf of my team and I, we are delighted to get such positive feedback. We are particularly glad to know that your stay was pleasant and you found many aspects and amenities of the hotel to your satisfaction.

When a guest is able to give details about our product and facilities it motivates us and assures us that were are doing right by them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and further exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed for 2 weeks in this hotel in December (they even had a big Boabab Christmas tree in the lobby, and lots of holiday music playing which made for a lively time of year). It was a nice location, close to some good restaurants and shopping. The wifi and power was very reliable. The staff was really nice and helpful, the grounds clean (though the architecture is quite unusual) and the rooms very inviting and new. I had breakfast daily, and it was really quite good. A large selection and very tasty. The pool was nice (never swam in it, but spent a lot of time working near it) and the gym was adequate (a little small, but had everything I needed). The only concern was I kept having a circuit breaker go out in my room which would turn off the tv. After calling people out a couple times I saw where the circuit box was located and was able to switch it myself. Overall, an excellent place to stay in Lusaka, and I plan on returning the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel to be excellent and particularly that you intend on staying with us again the next time you are in Lusaka.

Furthermore I am delighted to know that you found the service provided and our amenities to your satisfaction. Your feedback will motivate my team to aim for an even higher standard in guest satisfaction.

Once more thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Lusaka.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed here twice early May 2014. First time (2 nights) we had ground floor room 104. Avoid this room. Room itself is fine but the bathroom smells very badly of stagnant water (maybe a drainage problem) and the shower was more of a dribble. Showerhead was well overdue a clean. We reported this on departure. 2nd stay had another ground floor room (126) much nicer and no bathroom issues but the TV didn't work and by day 2 there was no power to the TV at all or the sockets on the same wall. Again, reported on our departure only as TV was not a major issue for us. One other issue, we were woken up at 8am one morning by cleaning staff talking VERY loudly in the corridor outside for about 20 minutes. They should realise some people might still be sleeping and keep the noise down. Other than that the hotel is very nice, staff pleasant and helpful, nice buffet breakfast with a good choice and a very nice pool/bar area.

Room Tip: Avoid room 104.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience with us, we appreciate all feedback from our guests as it enables to right any wrongs.I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and particularly that you found the staff to pleasant and helpful.

I would like to offer sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.Please be assured that your comments regarding regarding the smell in the bathroom have been communicated to respective departments and a solution has been implemented.Furthermore it has been communicate to all staff members the importance of maintaining silence whilst on duty.

We value you as a loyal customer and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed at this property 3 weeks on business. The hotel is not really suitable for extended business trips - desk is in a dark area of the room & needs a lamp (which they brought), hot water & a lack of water pressure were problems throughout the stay as the hot water is a demand system but the pressure was so low sometimes it was difficult to trip the hot water heater on. They replaced the hot water heater & cleaned the water strainers but the problem returned. Noise from adjacent rooms carries - especially when a hall door is closed. Laundry service is poor (they lost a shirt) & a business colleague rec'd laundry that wasn't his. I travel a lot & this has to be the most expensive laundry in the world BUT it is difficult to get a laundry bag or list (I suspect mine came from an empty room after I repeatedly had to ask for one). Laundry comes back folded in a basket NOT wrapped & ready to be packed - this is important for frequent business travelers. Menu is limited but at least there are other places to eat nearby. Never saw a manager - they must be around but they don't communicate with their guests.

On the plus side the room was very clean & bed comfortable - restaurant service was good - internet good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lusaka. We appreciate all feedback as it enables us to right any wrongs.

I must offer my sincere apologies that your stay was not as enjoyable as you had anticipated and as a General Manager, this is not the kind of review I like to receive. Please be assured that your comments have been taken on board and I will liase with my team on how best we can approach the issues you mentioned in your review.

We value you as a customer and hope this one off experience does not prevent you from staying with us again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for two nights. The room is very nice furnished and everything works. The environment is clean. I used the gym as well, which had very attentive staff. The Hotel is situated across a shopping mall. The breakfast has got everything one wishes for. I had some food at night in the bar which was also good. The service i receive was excellent, i definitely will come back again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. I am delighted to know that you had a good stay and you would stay with us again.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and further exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Finished my sixth long term stay and moving my team and myself to a new facility. Facility has location and friendly staff but is poorly managed. Let me count the issues this most recent trip.

1 once again as always I have to call corporate to get credit for the stay in their frequent customer program
2 two lights and two door locks broken for two weeks despite four discussions with front desk.
3 staying here for two years and have never met or seen the manager
4 two days to get an empty laundry bag and form to fill out. Three calls to front desk
5 laundry when picked up is the most expensive I have very seen in world wide travel
6 periodic hot water outages and constant leaking around shower
7 internet connectivity authorization which expires almost everyday again despite duscussions
8 business office frequently unstaffed and waits of up to 20 minutes for assistance.

There is more but this provides the picture on a new hotel that is not being managed or maintained. Our crew is taking our 250 total nights stayed per year and moving on.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka Team, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay; I am however grateful to you for the feedback as it gives us a chance to right any wrongs.

Please be assured that I have taken your comments on board and will liaise with senior management about the issues you have raised.

We value you as a customer and very much hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Please feel free to contact me directly during your next stay and I will gladly discuss how we can improve your future stays here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We spent one night here before we left the country! It is a great hotel. Friendly and helpful staff, Fantastic breakfast buffet and wonderful ambience! We booked online and got a fantastic discount. I will definitely stay at the Radisson Blu again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and thoughtful review on your recent stay with us. My team and I always appreciate any kind of guest feedback as this reinvigorates our passion to achieve an even higher standard of customer satisfaction. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay and you would stay with us again.

I Look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you once more for your positive comments regarding your stay.