“Good value in a clean hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Lusaka
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is really a business persons hotel and is kind of like an upmarket Holiday inn and so is not quite in the same league as the Intercontinental or Pamodzi in Lusaka. But the rooms are spacious, the room service menu is tasty albeit limited and I would disagree with one reviewer about the breakfast - it is very good. A little short on public rooms but at a price/value level it is pretty good indeed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John T
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review regarding your recent stay. We are delighted to receive your compliments, I will definitely share your message with my team.

I am glad to read that you appreciated the cleanliness of the room and the breakfast provided. We do pride ourselves on efficient service delivery,we will continue upholding this standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Lusaka.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Had stayed in all other hotels until I discovered this hotel in Lusaka with a location easier to navigate from the airport. Friendly and professional staff from arrival and thoughout the duration of my stay. I loved the underground tunnel that connects to the restaurant and bar. This grants privacy to the hotel guests without any commotion, loud voices and music from the bar.

Of course the supreme room on the ground floor facing the pool and gym is just perfect. Modern decor in the room with comfortable beds, convenient work station for catching up on meetings and office. I enjoyed the gym.....this makes my stay the best anywhere when the gym is fully equipped and kept neat.

I enjoyed the breakfast for the two mornings of my stay and of course the outside patio were best for sundowners.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nkosana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you adore our hotel and appreciated many aspects and amenities of the hotel, including the service provided.

On behalf of the entire team we appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I visited the outdoor restaurant for a post-business meeting coffee to kill time before heading out to the airport. Great location, you're able to avoid most of the awful CBD traffic. Great ambience and chilled vibe with the umbrellas, soft comfy couches and water features. Truly a place to unwind. Relaxing jazz music playing in the background too. Professional service. Fantastic interior decor with dark black, grey and brown wall claddings and finishes. Nice experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MamtaMithal
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review regarding your recent stay with us.
I am pleased to read that your stay was pleasant and that you appreciated many aspects of the hotel. As general manager such feedback delights me as it is the kind that motivates my team and I to strive for an even higher standard in guest satisfaction.

Thank you once more for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Lusaka.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed only one night at this wonderful hotel. The architecture was very unique, making this hotel stand out like a shining beacon. At night, the driveway was lit up with blue and white lights which made it very pleasant to peer out your window. The rooms were spacious and well decorated with modern decor. The hotel lobby, pool area were exquisite. They also had a very nice restaurant, though somewhat pricey. The free internet and access to many movie channels on the tv were also quite welcome. There is a small shopping center across the street; difficult though to cross the street, especially after dark with all the physical obstructions. You can find nice restaurants there, as an alternative to the hotel. The transport to the hotel to the airport was rather pricey--$25 US per person one way. We did much better negotiating with a taxi driver at the hotel, who we also made arrangements with to pick us up and bring us to the airport the following day for our flight. We were under the impression that the hotel was fairly close to the airport; however, the reality is that it is about 25 kms to the airport. Our only concern is the hotel responding to emails and other logistics. For example, we contacted the hotel a month in advance, just to make sure they had our orbitz reservation on the books. Never got a response. We also had a small problem with check out; they said they would send us the information we requested (like our receipt) but never did. The final small problem was the reservation clerk forgot to give us our passport once we had checked in. A minor problem, I suppose, but a very important detail that should be automatic and not requiring us to track down the reception clerk. Also, if you have a handicapping condition walking, be aware that at least on the first floor there were several small staircases that needed to be negotiated in order to get to your room. Mention any walking difficulties you may have prior to or at check out. Overall, it was a wonderful hotel and we would definitely return should we be in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Alameda,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and positive review regarding your recent stay with us. As General Manger it delights me to read that we made your introduction to Zambia a great experience and you found the hotel to be wonderful, furthermore that you appreciate many amenities and aspects of the hotel.

Please be assured your comments have been taken on board and will be communicated to the entire team to ensure that similar incidents to not recur.

I am pleased to know that you would stay with us again; it will definitely be a pleasure welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel is fair enough, but not worth the price. The food is passable and the service is adequate. In my case I found out that the water pressure was really bad on the 3rd floor and the hot water wasn't working. I complained and they promised to fix it. Nothing happened; I complained 3 times in 3 days. in the end I got another room, but that took a lot of complaining. Also, I thought I had booked an airport shuttle (and paid for it) only to find out by chance that they never actually called the shuttle. All in all: if you want them to do something, you have to keep following up and badger them until they do.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank Sipho V
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Sipho

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you incurred during your stay; I am however grateful for your feedback as it allows us to right any wrongs.

Your comments have certainly been take on board and will be communicated to all respective departments to further prevent a similar incident recurring.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Saw a review on here about how Uzuri spa was "the worst spa" and almost didn't go because of that, but it's a great spa in a nice hotel- the pool outside is beautiful too. Staff were professional, the spa looked brand-new, prices were very good too. Ask for Nellie if you go!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mary,

Thank you or giving feedback regarding your recent visit. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service provided at the spa. Please be assured this feedback will be communicated to the management team at the Uzuri spa.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We only stayed here one night, but were very impressed with the experience - from the welcome at the airport (warm greetings and bottles of water) to the extremely friendly reception staff who couldn't have been more helpful.
Rooms were spacious and comfortable with good bathrooms, breakfast was excellent (they even have soya milk!) and airport transfers worked well (email them 72 hours in advance).
Wouldn't hesitate to stay again when passing through Lusaka.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review regarding your recent stay with us. It is pleasant to read that you were very impressed with your experience, particularly that you would not hesitate to stay with us again.

Such feedback encourages my team and I to aim for an even higher standard in guest satisfaction and furthermore ensure that your next stay is even more wonderful than the last.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Lusaka.