“Great staff and nice food”
Review of Chita Lodge

Chita Lodge
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Lusaka
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in July of 2014. The staff were very friendly, and always wanted to be accommodating. Sometimes you did have to ask for what you wanted, though. Chef Phiri's food was excellent, and he would make local specialties such as nshima and relish if we asked for it. We stayed on the second floor, and did not find that noisy.

Only downside was that we did not get more than lukewarm water for the entire ten days we stayed. This is probably typical of this area, as the water systems are not so high tech. We also had a broken towel rack in the room. Otherwise, a nice stay.

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Carolyn S

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I visited Chita Lodge on the 1st of May 2014 with a friend, we had lunch and a few drinks at the Pool side. The Lodge is very nice small and tranquil. Chef Isaac Phiri's food was great and our waiter who served was very professional, I have forgotten the name but she has a Ndebele name. The music at the bar was a bit loud and can be controlled otherwise a what a great place to relax from.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Very poorly maintained. Staff unable to help. Poor quality breakfast without many options. Avoid staying on ground floor near bar - can get very noisy. The wifi was not working. A plus point is that it is close to the Manda Hill mall

Room Tip: Probably room 4 on the first floor is the only room worth staying in.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed at Chita lodge for one night. The stuff at reception were very polite and professional. The rooms were clean. An added bonus is that the lodge is a walking distance to shopping mall (manda hill).

I stayed in room 4, It was very noisy. I could hear loud voices and doors opening for most of the night. Needless to say, I did not have a good night sleep. As I left early in the morning, I noticed that the reception was closed. i could not inform the stuff about my restless night. It was a suprise that the reception is not open at all times.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2013

After having spent 2 weeks traveling around Zambia on business, I had experienced the worst that Zambia had to offer in terms of accommodation. Chita Lodge, whilst not perfect, is definitely a cut above the rest in terms of service and comfort. The staff were really friendly, and the food was not bad. The bar was a big plus, as I was able to meet some of the locals over a few drinks. The wifi worked fine, which is what you need when in a foreign country on business. I do agree that the rooms are poorly lit, which should be improved. I had no problem with the bathroom, which seems to be a problem in Zambia. Plenty of hot water, and sufficient water pressure to shower. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at Chita Lodge for the first time last year (2012) and i have stayed there since. It's definitely one of the best lodges in Lusaka and it's location is very suitable for someone who wants to easily get access to the whole lusaka. But i must point out that the best thing about it is it's staff and how they easily relate to the guest and remember you every time you go back. I was happy with the standard of the rooms and the African theme. I travel a lot and I have stayed at a lot of other lodges in Zambia but Chita lodge certainly stands out. True African lodging? Certainly. I love forward to spending more nights at Chita Lodge. Cheers to the Chita management...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

When I first found Chita Lodge I was relieved as it appeared to be one of the few middle range hotels in Lusaka at about half the price of the international chains (Intercon, Taj), but much nicer than those $25-50 less per night. However, after staying there on and off for a period of months, they managed to mess up/cancel both mine and several colleagues' reservations multiple times. Once it was that their server crashed, another time they simply called when I was in another district saying they had double booked me and would switch me to their "sister hotel" which was "very nice." When they told me the name of the hotel, I refused, as I had seen it and it was not very nice at all. Their consistent response when they mess up your reservation, aside from the sister hotel offering, is that you share a room with your colleague, which is completely inappropriate to suggest. Unfortunately, despite enjoying the facility, I can no longer stay here because of all of the unreliability and the inadequate response. Hotel staff are very nice, however whatever reservation system they are using has serious issues and they'd do well to use pen and paper as back up. Management sometimes responds to complaints by getting snippy with the staff even though it's clearly a management issue.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business