All reviews living room thimphu valley peaceful location spacious apartment hotel run sitting space women staff dining table view from the balcony place to stay per day dogs bark travel agent town centre nice room rooms are big indian dishes
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Awesome view and great hotel. Room is so spacious and the service is just great. In Thimphu, I am not going to book any other hotel in the future. View in the photo is from the room! All the staff members are very helpful and kind.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bhutan S, Manager at Bhutan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Greetings Sir Rajsa
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please do visit us again to enjoy our spacious rooms and splendid views with our great service.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I think it is quite a good hotel, not very expensive and quite neat and clean. The rooms are spacious; in fact a suite comes with a bed room, an adjacent sitting room with a kitchen and fridge and ofcourse attatched bath room which was quite clean. There is also cable TV which unfortunately was not working in my room. The hotel staff was quite friendly and cooperative. I have read some other reviews which mention the problem of feral dogs barking all night and being a nuisance. I guess the problem of feral dogs is common all over Thimpu and Deki Lam where the hotel is located is no exception. I actually slept quite soundly and didn’t notice the dogs outside very much. My only suggestion is that the hotel restaurant could do with a slightly expanded menu as at the moment it offers limited choices of continental, Bhutanese and Indian dishes. Breakfast is not included in the tariff so one has to pay for it; but that seems to be how it is in Bhutan. I think I will stay there again if I happen to re-visit Thimpu.

Room tip: no comments
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ajurfi
Bhutan S, Manager at Bhutan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Greetings Sir
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.We aim to please.
Please do visit us again to enjoy our spacious rooms and splendid views.

Have a good day!

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This place should be considered in service apartment not Hotels.As per service apartment it has huge rooms and amenities,good location but as per Hotels it lacks in basic needs like house keeping , limited food menu and number of staff.Though I paid around ₹5000 per day and I found it a bit over priced for an Service apartment but the same place is available in ₹2500-3000 also if booked in advance.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bhutan S, Manager at Bhutan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Greetings! sir,
Thank you for your review. We serve like hotel and we do have house keepers.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We stayed there for two days. The hotel location was amazing. Hotel staffs were very good. Food was also good. There is bar where you will get local beers & whiskeys. All the rooms in this hotels are suites.

There are two types of rooms. Standard deluxe and Super Deluxe. I recommend super deluxe rooms to stay. Views from room is amazing. You will be able to see one side of Thimphu from Veranda. The super deluxe room contains kitchen area, living room, long veranda, reading table, dining table, bed room with double or twin beds & bathroom.

Within reasonable cost, I would say this is one of best hotel in Thimphu.

Two big problems:-

1. Too many dogs bark continuously at night which is very annoying
2. There is no AC in this hotel. In fact, none of the hotels in Bhutan (except 5 stars) has air conditions. Most of the hotels doesn't have lifts, but this hotel has.

Room tip: Best rooms are 103, 104, 105, 203, 204, 205, 303, 304, & 305
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Bhutan S, Manager at Bhutan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Greetings Sir...
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.We aim to please.
Please do visit us again to enjoy our food, spacious rooms and splendid views.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience due to dog.

Have a good day!

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Nice views of the mountain from your balcony..well designed, self contained apartments. Though they have kitchen set, but doesn't have any vessels etc. may need to check, if want to use. Good restaurant with limited menu but good food, service and very reasonably priced. Is little away from the city center but easy to get a taxi.

Date of stay: May 2018
Bhutan S, Manager at Bhutan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Greetings sir!
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad that you enjoyed our room,hospitality and food. As you have rightly pointed out, we are located away from noise city making it convenient for our guest.We hope to see you again.Have a good day.Take care